Whole30 after a year of straying

SteFYI

Hello!  

So, in January of 2012 I did the Whole30 for the first time, and joined a Crossfit gym with my partner.   I was really successful the first time around - with the Whole30 + Crossfit combo, I lost 15 lbs in 30 days, and at least 3 pants sizes!  After that, I relaxed into paleo and went on to lose about 40 lbs.  Woo!  

For that first year, I did really great and rarely indulged in things... but as time went on, and I was no longer able to pay for crossfit because of a change in career (I gave up my desk job for working at a non-profit part time educating the community about bicycle maintenance!), I slowly started indulging more and more until I wasn't treating these things as special occasion treats anymore!  I gained back my bad eating habits AND I am so much less active now.  SO - I gained ALL of the weight back :(  

So, now, here I am, and my partner, who has been a big part of my support system, but also booze and pizza tempter, has left for the peace corps.  I am going to do this thing "on my own" this time, (but not really because of this online community, I hope!).  I'm excited because it will be entirely different not having my partner for both support and enabling!

I am starting TOMORROW!  (Now I can't change it to NEXT Monday... heh)

Thanks for being here!

Stefanie

Hi!

Did you start yet? I'm starting tomorrow (8/4) if you want to partner up for support. I have been attempting to complete a W30 about 10 times and always fail about half way through simply due to poor planning but this time around i am fully on it. (hm, that doesn't make me sound like the most motivating ally does it?! Lol)

I also am a former Crossfitter who had to stop due to the cost so I mostly just run and do some weight lifting at a local cheap gym. I'm impressed with your crossfit history of pulling that off AND a W30 at the same time. Just shows you have it in you to make it work again. I also work in community/education field here in NYC.

Good luck to you and post back if you care to get a group (albeit maybe a small one) going for support.

Eve

I "started" the 4th, but failed at the end of the day because of poor planning!  Started again today, and going strong! I'm down to partner up with you even if I'm a day behind.  

BTW: I just recently found this blog, which I think is mentioned here somewhere: http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2013/12/29/whole30-2014-week-1-meal-plan/

I really like her method, and since I'm the worst at meal planning and preparedness - spelling everything out, in a really open way like she does feels quite helpful to me!

Archived