Starting my First Whole30 on August 5!

GoingGreenGoddess

Hello,

I am a busy wife and mom to a toddler. I work at home, running three businesses and raising my son. A friend posted recently on Facebook that she just completed the Whole30 and I am inspired. I have done a 7-day version that was similar but nothing ever this long. I know I need this and am both excited and scared.

I am starting on August 5 and am currently in the preparation phase. Nice to meet you all.

Heather

My current favorite kitchen gadget is my julienne peeler because my new favorite way to eat yellow squash and zucchini is to make noodles from them. Yum!

Day 3 has gone well but I can feel that sense of not having any sugar and wondering if the carb flu is about to hit. The book says Days 4-7, I think. I am trying to convince myself not to eat nuts because that is my go-to when I feel like I need a little extra something and I would really like to drop a few pounds during these 30 days.  I don't want to snack as I know that is discouraged; however, during the work week I eat breakfast at 5:30AM, lunch at 10:45. So by the time we generally eat supper around 6PM I am pretty hungry. On Day 1 my son and I played golf after school so it was nearly 7 before we got home to eat. I had taken a small bag of raw nuts, but does anyone have other ideas that don't involve dried fruit that might be portable?

Archived