I've Got This!

sterborg

I just wanted to chime in with something that worked for me the first time I actually completed a whole 30 (2 years ago - but zero since then until the one I'm going to complete this month!)  Whenever I felt down about the program, or was thinking about quitting, I reminded myself that it was only a month, and after that I could eat all the "fill in the blank" I wanted, and also, I was very curious to see what difference it would make and I felt that without going the full 30 days, there was no way to really know!

You've totally got this! <3

@steFYI = yes!  That is it too.  I don't want to do a "Whole 30 but I ate peanuts" or a "Whole 30 except for a couple of days of chocolate".  I want to do a Whole30. Period. 

Tonight I had night sweats and was so hot = and I am definitely not old enough for this! Is this normal?  I know a few people on my FB page have mentioned it so maybe it is? All I know is that I am hot, sweaty, and it is not quite 5am.  Not so fun :(

I am good!  I have been reading lots and being encouraged by so many people.  I am finding great ways of cooking food that is compliant and not much different than what I am used to cooking.  I am realizing that my actual meals have never been a real problem but that I snack on 'junk' way more than I realized I do. I am feeling so much better - just need to drink more water which will be my focus this week.  I am brewing up some tea to have in the fridge for when I want something other than water too. 

One of "my people" on a FB group page commented that "It is quite scary to think of the hold food has on us" and I really am thinking about that.  Who is in charge here?  Me or the croissant?  Me or the ice cream?  ME!!! 

Great food day today:

Meal One: Salmon, Broccoli, Pineapple/Cucumber/Parsley/Avocado salad, crispy roasted potatoes

Meal Two: Hamburger Patty, Avocado and Tomato with Lime juice and black pepper, 2 eggs

Meal Three: Chicken/Onion/Mushroom/Zucchini/Cashew nut stirfry with avocado and poached egg.  Blueberries. 

I read about and have been thinking about Robin Williams today.  So incredibly sad. Heartbreaking for his children and his wife. Such a loss for everyone. And again, another example to illustrate that choosing to eat Whole30 for 30 days isn't hard.  Battling depression is hard.  

O Captain! My Captain! - You will be missed! xx

I've been crying on and off about it since yesterday - but also, feeling pretty disparaged about a lot of thing going on in the world lately.  

I'm glad to hear you are doing so well!  Your meal 2 up there is making me hungry!  I better get on making lunch! <3

I've been crying on and off about it since yesterday - but also, feeling pretty disparaged about a lot of thing going on in the world lately.  

I'm glad to hear you are doing so well!  Your meal 2 up there is making me hungry!  I better get on making lunch! <3

@SteFYI I agree.  So sad about RW and then there is ISIS, Gaza, teachers wrongfully jailed in Indonesia....so much suffering. And one man's death just seems so personal even though I never knew him.  

I bought some tea but haven't made it yet - I really need to drink more during the day.  We went grocery shopping and again surprised my husband by buying so many vegetables and staying well within budget which is great.  I am finding I am not as hungry for snacking as I was a few days ago which is good.  Today is my first day back at work - just for meetings - but as a teacher that usually means cakes and cookies.  As long as I eat a decent breakfast and take a good lunch, I will be fine. 

Today's plan:

Meal One: Salmon, Eggs, Tomatoes, Avocado, Basil

Meal Two: Leftover Stir-fry from last night with avocado, egg, and cashews.

Meal Three: This needs to be a good one as I am heading out to a reception at the home of the Head of School and I know there are going to be drinks and food that are not compliant.  I find as long as I have eaten a solid meal (protein, fats, veges) then I am much more prepared for this.  I am thinking pork and pumpkin curry? We'll see! 

OK...didn't have time to make the pork and pumpkin curry but I came home and my (non Whole30) husband had sliced up and roasted my pumpkin for me so we can have it tomorrow....awwwww.  I had for meal three: sautéed mushrooms and zucchini, lemon pepper avocado, and a pork steak. The reception was great.  The food actually didn't even look appealing to me and I drank sparking water with lime BUT I was standing at the bar area and there was a bowl of nuts and I took three and put them in my mouth and then I realized THAT THEY WERE PEANUTS!!!!!  I am sure the teacher next to me thought I was a weirdo, but I spat them out into my napkin immediately, not a crunch in sight.  I was gutted but I figure that this isn't going to be cause for a restart as per the last point of the restart rules which basically says, "Do what you want, you're a big girl"

Here is what I learned though:

• planning ahead is super important
  • I am a creature of habit: bar+nuts = eat!
  • I really, really, really want this!  I was GUTTED at the thought of breaking the rules over a peanut (again!) and that I got through my first social outing without feeling like a muppet is proof that it might start with food, but it doesn't have to be the only thing you have to have.

All in all, a good day - especially with the pumpkin ready for tomorrow!  

Archived