Starting August 11

AJoyfulMelody

Wow...we (almost) did it! My day 30 is on Thursday. I plan on continuing for another week or so but adding a glass of wine In somewhere. I really like this way of eating and so does my husband.

I'm a little scared to have fewer boundaries! I'm already asking my husband if he will do a whole 30 in Jan with me. I barely exercised and would like to try this with working out..... It was just really hard with going back to work and then feeling guilty with my 2 year old in daycare all week. Occasional family bike ride but minimal exercise.

Great job everyone. Thanks for all your support this past month!

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 30!  And I'm going out for lunch.  Finding it really hard to find a second to last compliant meal on the menu but decided on a roasted beetroot salad with chicken.  No dressing and they advertise sweet and salty walnuts so saying no to them too, who knows how much sugar they've been roasted in!  So out of 90 meals over 30 days I've eaten out 3 times and my mother in law has cooked twice so that's 85 homemade meals!

Weigh in tonight!  For some reason I do my weigh ins before dinner rather than at the beginning of the day.

Hi everyone. Day 30 tomorrow for me but I am going to continue... I had a few days of good energy but have been utterly exhausted for the last week... My arms ache when I lift them, my feet ache when I stand ... :( I feel very unhappy and frustrated... I will weigh myself on Thursday morning and take my measurements...

Two good things from the last 30 days... My blood pressure is still 121/82.... 30 says ago it was consistently140/85-90.... I want to get the bottom number down to 70....

My stomach and digestion is good... I only bloat from too many raw greens or nuts now... I'm still not 'vacating' very often but when I do it's in the perfect 'normal' range... (Google it)

The exhaustion is overwhelming and really impacting... Working full time and spending an average of 2-2.5 hours in the kitchen a day plus daily walks is a lot to fit in so I've only been getting 6-8 hours sleep a night and I know I need 9... Plus I know I also need to drink much more water. Could be contributing to my fatigue.

Seeing my naturopath on Thursday... Day 31 so I'll see what she says. Thinking I might reintroduce just natural yoghurt and my protein whey drinks again but stay compliant with the rest... Will see :)

Looking forward to hearing about your re introductions and results :)

Day 30 - Yahoo!  I couldn't wait until tonight to weigh myself.

LOST 22.3 LBS!!!!!!!  I did not measure myself so I don't know how many inches were lost, but I'm willing to bet it's quite a few.

I am beyond excited.  My goal was 22 lbs but I realistically thought it would be around 13-15 lbs.

Onto 10-12 days of reintroduction.  Looking forward to having dairy tomorrow.

I might be ready for another Whole30 in October.  Anyone else?

I didn't weigh myself this morning, for some reason I thought I had to wait until day 31 to do it, so I will do it tomorrow. 

Not exactly sure what my plans are, mostly to stick to Whole 30-ish type eating indefinitely with a few additions. There's certain food groups that I don't miss at all (legumes, wheat), so I'm not sure that I will add them back in. 

On a side note, I had spaghetti squash for the first time ever last night, it's SO good!

Day 30 - Yahoo!  I couldn't wait until tonight to weigh myself.

LOST 22.3 LBS!!!!!!!  I did not measure myself so I don't know how many inches were lost, but I'm willing to bet it's quite a few.

I am beyond excited.  My goal was 22 lbs but I realistically thought it would be around 13-15 lbs.

Onto 10-12 days of reintroduction.  Looking forward to having dairy tomorrow.

I might be ready for another Whole30 in October.  Anyone else?

HOLY GUACAMOLE!!  YOU GO GIRL!!

Okay, I didn't weigh myself this morning either. I told my entire family that I would not until I finished a full 30 days. So, tomorrow morning, I will weigh in and measure.  :rolleyes:

Congratulations to everyone who has hung in there!  :)

My plan is to enjoy a bit of reintro starting tomorrow, but I am jumpin' right back on the program on Oct. 1. In order to make it easier for myself over this last 30 days, I've eaten many of the same things to make it easy, but my taste buds are yellin' at me for a little variety. So starting October 1, I will use the arsenal of recipes of collected over the last 30 days to jazz it up a bit. 

I don't know about y'all, but at first, my family (all 8 kiddos plus daddy) thought I had gone (officially) crazy....now, they all are so proud of me and are finding that they are more aware of what they eat. Love it!  :wub:

I'm so glad I did this, as much as I missed ooey gooey warm and melty cheese...... :wacko:  can anyone relate??  

I feel empowered and feel so hopeful. 

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT!  :)

*I'll report my results tomorrow.  

By the way, for anyone who didn't do so great, or whoever finds their results to not be what they had hoped, please know, "YOU CAN DO THIS!"  I will start a new thread for my Oct. 1 start and I'd love to have you join me!  :)

HAPPY DAY 30 EVERYONE!!!

Heather, that's amazing, you must be so proud of yourself!!

Okay, I didn't weigh myself this morning either. I told my entire family that I would not until I finished a full 30 days. So, tomorrow morning, I will weigh in and measure.  :rolleyes:

Congratulations to everyone who has hung in there!  :)

My plan is to enjoy a bit of reintro starting tomorrow, but I am jumpin' right back on the program on Oct. 1. In order to make it easier for myself over this last 30 days, I've eaten many of the same things to make it easy, but my taste buds are yellin' at me for a little variety. So starting October 1, I will use the arsenal of recipes of collected over the last 30 days to jazz it up a bit. 

I don't know about y'all, but at first, my family (all 8 kiddos plus daddy) thought I had gone (officially) crazy....now, they all are so proud of me and are finding that they are more aware of what they eat. Love it!  :wub:

bizzemommie, looking forward to your results.  Really in awe that you could do this with 8 kiddos!  And that they now don't think that you're crazy and it's rubbed off on them!

Day 31!  I weighed myself last night and have lost 6lbs.  Plus about 1.5 inches each around my waist and hips and an inch around my bust.  So my clothes are definitely fitting better.  I would have liked another couple of pounds but I've lost and kept off over 30lbs over the past 18 months and been eating mostly Paleo since the beginning of the year and was plateauing.  So to have broken through that weight plateau is fantastic.

Non-scale victories include clearer skin, virtually no blotchiness on my face and some excema on my foot is far less inflamed, I'm hoping that keeping mostly Whole30 will get rid of it completely.  I don't know about Tiger Blood but I'm happier in general and am finally ramping up the amount I can lift during resistance training.  I'm sleeping really well although that wasn't really much of a problem to start with but it's still hard to get up in the morning!

I still have to get my head around snacking, which means sometimes eating more during meals.  But I've found that mostly falls down when I'm not making food for myself. When you're taking things off your plate when eating out to make a meal compliant that can make the portion quite small and when you're using to eating relatively large portions of protein and fat it can make you still feel hungry!

I've started posting in the Post-Whole30 section of the forum, I hope that some of you will join me there, will be really interested to hear how your reintros are doing!

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/21779-august-11-start-post-whole30-re-intros-and-beyond/

Done and done!

This is only my second post, the first was to join this group. I sit in front of a computer all day and just don't like to get online when I get home. I didn't have any problems, really, other than feeling like I should just live in the kitchen. I did the regular Whole 30 minus eggs and nightshades, although I got a little bleed over from seasonings when I cooked in the same pan as my boyfriend. My goal was to lose weight, inches, reduce inflammation and bloating and lower blood sugar.

Weight, 178.0 to 171.6  (-6.4)

Blood sugar 94 to 83 (-11)

Inches -7 3/4! Down 3.5" in my abdomen

Success!

My boyfriend started Whole 30 on 9/1 so I knocked out nuts at that time and tightened up the nightshade leaks. My boyfriend dropped 10 points with his blood sugar in one week and he only used stevia. It's either that or dairy. I'm suspecting dairy is a big problem for me, although I never ate much.

Congrats everyone!! 

Cathjm and Bumblebee - those are great successes!  I'm sure not everyone has as much to lose as I do.  I didn't expect to do as well as I did.  I'm tickled beyond belief and now completely sold on this way of life.  I hope everyone has met their goals or are at least still working toward them after this 30 day journey.  See you all in the post-whole30 forum.

Ok, I weighed myself this morning, I've lost 10lbs, which is great, but I was hoping for a little bit more. At least it's movement in the right direction. I didn't measure myself so I don't know what I've lost inches wise but I do know I'm down one size in jeans and my bra is loose, so I probably should go down one size in that also. I feel amazing.... except...

This morning I decided to reintro corn.... in the form of a corn tortilla fried in coconut oil, now I feel so horrid.  :(  I know you're supposed to do it for all three meals but no way in heck am I eating more corn today, I just feel too awful. I'm sick to my stomach and my knees which haven't bothered me for almost 30 days now ache. Is it possible to get a reaction this fast? Back to clean eating for at least 2 days for me, guess this might explain why I've never really liked corn, but I thought a corn tortilla would be "less bad" than a flour one.

Have you guys started a post-whole30 group? If so, I'd like to join!

Okay, here are my results:

Minus 10 pounds on the scale

Minus 1 inch on each thigh

Minus 3 inches on my waist

Moved my bra down 2 hooks, comfortably

I haven't had any skin breakouts in 30 days, my clothes feel much more comfortable, I sleep like a baby and wake up rested!  :)

I will go over to the Post-Whole 30 section to tell you about my ooey gooey cheese today!  :P

We made it! I lost 12 pounds and clothes fit better. Day 32 paleo and had wine last night... Such a lovely time sitting on the deck with hubby and son playing ukulele and singing. He was probably glad to have his wine partner back but I want to take it slow and focus more on exercise. I don't really want to add any foods yet . . ...

Thanks to everyone for their sharing! Checking in here certainly helped with keeping me on track. My Whole30 journey included 17 pounds lost, and 4 inches off my waist. My moods are more stable, and I am eating food for fuel rather than to feed my emotions.

Wine was my first reintro just because of my schedule. Testing out dairy next....

Thanks again.

Archived