Starting August 11

AJoyfulMelody

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok at a work dinner right now there's bread oil on the table right in front of me! Omg this is way harder than it should be. I looked at the menu earlier so I'm prepared to order something whole30 compliant but I forgot about the amazing rolls here. Ugh so difficult!

Ok at a work dinner right now there's bread oil on the table right in front of me! Omg this is way harder than it should be. I looked at the menu earlier so I'm prepared to order something whole30 compliant but I forgot about the amazing rolls here. Ugh so difficult!

I know how it feels! This lady at work is always bringing chips and cookies in and it stares at me all the time, calling my name! But 4 days have gone by and I have not been tempted. YAY.

Done with Day 4! 

I'm surprised though that I'm not feeling any bad withdrawals, though.  I feel good, actually.  I'm not craving things I can't eat (except for chips and cookies at work, but I never give in to temptation!)

I'm wondering though if I'm doing it wrong and that's why I'm feeling okay. Or maybe the hard days are coming for me later instead of in the first few days.

Hang in there! Just thing how you'd feel after eating that roll...and how great you'll feel when you've stayed Whole 30 true!

Good luck!

Done with Day 4! 

I'm surprised though that I'm not feeling any bad withdrawals, though.  I feel good, actually.  I'm not craving things I can't eat (except for chips and cookies at work, but I never give in to temptation!)

I'm wondering though if I'm doing it wrong and that's why I'm feeling okay. Or maybe the hard days are coming for me later instead of in the first few days.

I only had a small headache the first night and 2nd morning.

I'm staying 100% compliant, so I don't think there is anything wrong. I feel fortunate to feel good and hope it gets even better from here!

YAY! I started on the August 11th too. This is my second W30. My first was 56 days and I felt awesome. I had a totally fail on the re-intro and it was pretty much a steady right into a sugary abyss after that.  :huh:

After a few (non forum) miss fires I am finally back on my W30 wagon and ready to feel great again. 

Here is a little more of my story and my daily log: http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/20913-w30-part2-august-11-2014/

Best of luck to everyone! 

Shelli

I found this on a facebook support page for all the Aussies in the group :) Someone bought these at woolworths... Equivalent to Larabars. Enjoy :) (I think they are only for desperate times though)post-50431-0-17628300-1408096245_thumb.j

Today I worked all day at a large table with others, filled with sweets and chocolates... Remarkably easy to resist! I just need to make sure I eat when I'm Hungry and I'm fine with seeing sweets. Feeling strong.... Still no symptoms at all and feeling same as day 0 ... But looking forward to feeling great over the next month :)

YAY! I started on the August 11th too. This is my second W30. My first was 56 days and I felt awesome. I had a totally fail on the re-intro and it was pretty much a steady right into a sugary abyss after that. :huh:

Shelli

Well done Shelli on doing 56 days, that's great!! I suspect the re-intro could be a challenging time for me too, this is my first (& hoping to be my last if it sets up good eating habits!) so we'll see!!!

I haven't had headaches or anything, often get hungry inbetween meals do il hav some nuts & a herbal tea :)

This weekend I'm off to a big music festival - gonna take plenty of my own food but hoping they'll also have some healthy organic meat options - they sometimes do as it's seen as a bit trendy now & they have a 'healthy' section marked on the map!!! Fingers crossed!

Hope ur all feeling good - least it's almost the weekend; a chance to cook new things & get all prepared again :)

I know exactly how that feels too!  Was in the pub last night happily drinking my sparkling water when one of the guys I was with bought a couple of packets of crisps and put them right in front of me on the table!  They smelled so good and I was clutching my sparkling water for dear life!  It didn't help that going out meant that my dinner was so late so I was well grumpy.

But anyway, this is Day 5, my workout in the gym yesterday was about 20% harder than usual.  I managed the same amount of weight as usual and managed the full workout but spent more time resting between sets.  Very tired today, possibly onto Day 6 on the timeline but it has been a hugely busy week travelling here there and everywhere but I'm very glad I've managed to stick with it.  Looking forward to the weekend to prepare for the next 7 days.  Love Melissa Joulwan's blog and Well Fed recipes, going to get a slow cooker roast going and prep everything to quickly put together during the week.

Well done Shelli on doing 56 days, that's great!! I suspect the re-intro could be a challenging time for me too, this is my first (& hoping to be my last if it sets up good eating habits!) so we'll see!!!

I haven't had headaches or anything, often get hungry inbetween meals do il hav some nuts & a herbal tea :)

This weekend I'm off to a big music festival - gonna take plenty of my own food but hoping they'll also have some healthy organic meat options - they sometimes do as it's seen as a bit trendy now & they have a 'healthy' section marked on the map!!! Fingers crossed!

Hope ur all feeling good - least it's almost the weekend; a chance to cook new things & get all prepared again :)

Samantha are you going to Reading or Leeds?

It's great that you're prepared - I tried hard to be healthy at Isle of Wight fest this year and even took my own home made granola (Sarah Wison's coconutty granola - incredible) and veg sticks and tins of tuna, but after day one in that heat the veg was slimy and disgusting and I realised that I'd forgotten the tin opener for the tuna... 

Being a pescatarian coeliac I lived the next few days off chips and granola, not ideal (though I did find a lobster and crab bar on the last night, amazing!)

What with all the alcohol too I was feeling pretty awful come the end of the trip - in hindsight I would have taken more in the way of protein (tins with ring pull maybe?) and try a bit harder to track down some fruit and veggies.

Best of luck (and hope it stays dry for you) let us know how you get on!

I am a day behind on the motivational e-mails so I just read day 4 even though today is day 5.  It was totally spot on.  I had my first food dream last night.  I somehow ate red licorice.  I had already swallowed a peice and was chewing another when I realized it was not Whole30 compliant.  I freaked out in my dream now wanting to purge it but also not wanting it in my system to have to restart.  The weirdest part for me was I was in my car.  Oh well, it's just a dream.  On to Day 5.

Good luck peeps.

Hello everyone! I started on Wednesday so I'm heading into day 3. Overall feeling pretty good. I did wake up early to go potty and couldn't fall back asleep. I remember that happening early on last tiime I attempted whole 30. Anyone else having new sleep issues? It's probably also related to me passing out at 8:30 on the couch while my hubby watches his magnum PI reruns!

I made the yummiest chicken with Dijon and lime (weird combo but so good) I found it on Pinterest and it was delish! Cooked it up with cauliflower and there was lots of juice to drench or mash up my cauliflower in. My husband is getting a kick out of my experiments thank god. I also made a sausage veggie frittata yesterday for dinner (yes, dinner) that surprisingly turned out pretty good- even my 2 year old ate (some of) it. Starting to panic tho because back to school is right around the corner and these every other day grocery store trips are going to have to stop!

Keep on truckin' fellow paleoers!

HI my name is Melissa.  I also started on the 11th.  

My goals......to have a good relationship with food and lose weight of course!  :)  I know how to eat well and I know how to lose but I also am a stress eater.  So I am hoping this will get everything back on track and teach me to reach for food because I am hungry and not bored, tired, stressed etc.

How are you guys feeling/doing so far?

I was eating pretty healthy before minus my weekly cheat days.  Sometimes two cheat days in a row if the San Francisco Giants were in town and it was game time.  lol  Three weeks prior to starting Whole30, I was almost paleo minus cheese, mayo (mmmm deviled eggs), and greek yogurt.  So those items have been cut out.  I havent had bad carbs in awhile.  But the no snacking.....killing me!  I have always eaten small meals every 2-3 hours.  Having to wait is hard.  

Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself.  I look forward to reading this and seeing everyones awesome progress.  

:)

Hi all - well Day 6 now and I have to say, apart from having a "proper" flu, I'm feeling good and haven't been snacking at all which is one of my goals.  In the past my relationship with food has been a pretty much all or nothing approach and I am really hoping to make change with this by doing the whole 30.  One challenge this week has been having to run a seminar with a morning tea full of scones and cream and a buffet lunch.  I made it through and wasn't slightly tempted - thanks to my trusty lunch box in my car filled with scotch eggs and veges!  I do think that loving to cook makes doing this a little easier, I've been happily reading recipes and planning.  Once concern is that I feel at times that thinking about what I'm eating and what I am going to eat next is all I'm doing and that I'm a little obsessed.  But I guess whatever it takes to get through it all.

Whilst I doubt I would have lost any weight at this point I am feeling lighter and happier.

Onwards and upwards!

Clarissa

Clarissa, snacking is one of my worst habits too and I've caved in a couple times (but only with compliant food!) I'm hoping to be better prepared next week while at work to stop this!

At least it's compliant food! I drink hot tea when I feel "snacky". If I'm really feeling hungry, I add a little coconut milk to the tea.

At least it's compliant food! I drink hot tea when I feel "snacky". If I'm really feeling hungry, I add a little coconut milk to the tea.

I found drinking some sparkling water can help too even added some lemons and lines the other day just made it misread excited and snack like I guess

Day 5 was definitely my hardest yet! Ate the same amount of food i'd been eating all week but still felt hungry after each meal and wanted to snack in between. I allowed myself an extra piece of fruit and some nuts which helped but I still wanted to snack more! Had some sparking water which helped a bit too. Today seems to be going much better so far! Had enough energy to finally get back to the gym this morning! Then went food shopping and was able to find compliant sausage and prosciutto! I can only eat so much chicken and beef before I start getting bored so I'm super excited to switch up some of my protein in week two!

Finally starting to get used to drinking coffee unsweetened but could probably use a better quality coffee...any suggestion for GOOD flavorful coffee that isn't too expensive?

Day 5 was definitely my hardest yet! Ate the same amount of food i'd been eating all week but still felt hungry after each meal and wanted to snack in between. I allowed myself an extra piece of fruit and some nuts which helped but I still wanted to snack more! Had some sparking water which helped a bit too. Today seems to be going much better so far! Had enough energy to finally get back to the gym this morning! Then went food shopping and was able to find compliant sausage and prosciutto! I can only eat so much chicken and beef before I start getting bored so I'm super excited to switch up some of my protein in week two!

Finally starting to get used to drinking coffee unsweetened but could probably use a better quality coffee...any suggestion for GOOD flavorful coffee that isn't too expensive?

I love Adelle's Chicken and Apple sausage. I use Donut Shop k cups which are decent. I'm staying away from any flavored coffee. Have you tried adding coconut milk to coffee?

Today was the hardest for me! I'm feeling hungry but have stuck with the guidelines. I've been fantasizing about red velvet cupcakes and Mac and cheese! I bought a ton of organic produce in bulk today instead of cupcakes :)

I am a day behind on the motivational e-mails so I just read day 4 even though today is day 5.  It was totally spot on.  I had my first food dream last night.  I somehow ate red licorice.  I had already swallowed a peice and was chewing another when I realized it was not Whole30 compliant.  I freaked out in my dream now wanting to purge it but also not wanting it in my system to have to restart.  The weirdest part for me was I was in my car.  Oh well, it's just a dream.  On to Day 5.

Good luck peeps.

So glad you shared this! I woke up this morning from a dream where I had consumed volumes of chocolate chips, and wine...At first, I thought I had really fallen off the whole30 wagon! Weird feeling...but had another committed day!

Hello.
Start of day 6 for me. The night of day 4 I became really exhausted.... I always feel better after I eat but yesterday I slept for 12 hours and woke up at midday feeling exhausted. I was ok after I ate. Had a headache on and off yesterday. Woke up this morning feeling awful! Exhausted, dehydrated, depressed and headachy. My stomach is still feeling bloated... I'm not sure what's going on. Still no cravings.. weird - think its because I'm not in stress mode at the moment - Ive left my 10 year stressful job where all my problems started and have chosen not to work for a couple of weeks whilst I adjust to this lifestyle.

Afternoon update - I'm feeling better :) Although I had 'brunch' so only 2 meals today.... I have to admit... I cheated because I guess I wanted confirmation that this was going to help me loose weight - although I'm trying not to focus on that. I don't feel like Ive lost weight at all.... so in 5 days I have lost 2.5kg, 3cm off my hips and 8cm off my waist - saying that, I was premenstrual on day 0 AND my body fat is still the same as it was 5 days ago - 42%... so this indicates that the cm and kg loss is just water.... I do suffer from bad fluid retention... so my body hasn't gone into fat burning mode yet... but I'm happy as it is obviously doing SOMETHING - I promise I won't weigh or measure myself again in the next 30 days! :)

Day 6 has been the worst for me. Depressed, feel like crap, etc.  Think I'm just eating the same thing over and over again and I'm getting bored of it. 

Shopping is tomorrow morning so I can try new things.  Definitely going to be more prepared for next week, especially breakfast! I'm so not a morning person.

Day 6 has been the worst for me. Depressed, feel like crap, etc.  Think I'm just eating the same thing over and over again and I'm getting bored of it. 

Shopping is tomorrow morning so I can try new things.  Definitely going to be more prepared for next week, especially breakfast! I'm so not a morning person.

Yes - same as for me - hang in there! :)

Hello! If you have some extra cash, buy a coffee bean grinder (You can buy one for 12.00 on amazon) and then buy coffee beans...I love the breakfast blend coffee beans from trader joes, but you can also buy some from almost any coffee shop you frequent! I started doing that about a year ago for when I have coffee, and its amazing. Another option might be starbucks bag..they are kind of small, but they taste delicious! Hope this helps! 

Archived