10 weeks pregnant - Day 4 - Need some motivation!

I'd love to hear some success stories of women who have completed the Whole30 while pregnant. Please tell me all about the benefits you experienced. I need some reasons to hang in there.

I am on Day 4 of my 2nd whole 30. The first one I did was last May. I loved it, and I have kept what I like to call a "sane-paleo" lifestyle since then. Choosing to eat non-paleo foods only occasionally and never feeling guilty about my choices. When I found out I was pregnant (with my 3rd), I started treating myself more often (mmmmm tortillas), and eventually the guilt followed after every treat, but I couldn't stop the cycle. I knew I had to get this eating under control, or I was going to be miserable the rest of my pregnancy. I knew I needed to get back to basics for a while. So I started August 1st, and my husband has too. 

Fortunately, my morning sickness has been mild with this one. I actually can't believe the butternut squash "lasagna" in my my oven sounds good to me right now. Right now my biggest struggle is being SO. FRIGGIN' TIRED. I am normally up on a Saturday morning and off the farmers' market! Then spend any free time for the weekend prepping meals and ingredients for the week. Then get home after work getting dinner ready, and lunches ready for the next day. Right now when I wake up on Saturday or get home from work, I just want to lay on the couch (and eat tortillas!!!). 

So please, tell me why doing the Whole 30 while pregnant was the awesomest thing you've ever done. I need a reason to keep up with all the cooking. Help me fight my tortilla demons...

i did my 1st whole30 in june and found that I slept so much better at night, so i could keep going during the day!  I am on my second round now (day 6) at 32 weeks, wanted to end thing pregnancy with a bang!  Im trying for a whole30 then maintaining for the last month (no crappy GF treats) before baby comes!

You can do it Momma!  Here is a link to the Whole30 support group with gals that are pregnant too!  Super supportive and informative!   https://www.facebook.com/groups/1436807896597266/?fref=nf

Archived