Dee's Log - started 8/4

deirdrej1tx

Day 1 was easy peasy almost a non-event.  Truth be told, I haven't eaten processed foods in a long time.  But I had been eating cheese again, and too much dark chocolate and wine.  I know I will miss those, but I'll deal with it for 30 days and then we will see.

Day 2 started off fairly easily as well, but by mid-afternoon I noticed a headache starting.  This continued all evening and I woke up with it.  Almost like a hangover.

Day 3 is starting off a bit better.  I couldn't face eggs again, so I started the morning with a hamburger and avocado.

I'm back to eating more protein than I've been eating for the last year, and I'm feeling more satisfied.  I'm finding that lots of veggies and olive oil are wonderful, but I need my animal protein.

What I'm needing most at the moment are suggestions for my first meal.  My brain is in a rut.

The hamburger sounds pretty good to me :)

Are you needing fast meals or do you have time to cook?

Soups, stews, casseroles, last nights leftovers are all quick and easy to reheat in the morning. 

About eggs.. I discovered that by adding ghee after the eggs are in the pan, and scrambling it into the egg, will leave your eggs just perfect, and tasting of ghee instead of egg... OMG it's so addictive! Don't over cook your eggs. Sprinkle some salt and pepper over the eggs after cooking.. Soo deliciois

Day 4 - all I can say is that coffee doesn't taste good this morning.  So I'm drinking hot water.

And I spent the night dreaming about accidentally eating forbidden food and being horrified that I had.

I had dinner with my daughter last night, and while she drank wine, I sipped on kombucha.  It actually felt just fine!

:)

Day 10 - same story.

I'm so accustomed to eating fruit after lunch and dinner, I feel at a loss if I don't.  Any problems if I do so?

Continuing to feel motivated.  I haven't been tempted to eat something off plan, although when I see someone enjoying a glass of wine on TV I wish I could sit down with one too.   :(

Day 11

I went for a short run yesterday, in spite of the heat.  I didn't notice any diet-induced slowness as I did last summer when I tried another elimination diet plan.  Mind you, I got nowhere fast, but didn't feel beaten up as I had last year.

Score!

Archived