My journey to healthy

Jennmari

Hi all :)

I've had several false starts to my Whole 30.  I'm having a really hard time with sugar cravings and I seem to keep sabotaging myself on day 1.  After some recent health issues, I've gained a bit of weight and have been really hard on myself.  I'm hoping that this Whole 30 journey will help me to focus on taking care of myself and getting really healthy instead of the discouraging number on the scale. 

I'm posting up to hopefully get some encouragement and to help keep myself accountable.  It will also be a nice way to document progress and how much better I feel ;)

Tomorrow is my day 1 and I'm looking forward to feeling great!

Thanks for reading,

J

Happy to report that day 1 went well :)

I survived the afternoon chocolate/sweets craving that has derailled me several times recently!  Sometime around 2-3:00 p.m. I get an intense craving for sweets that's so hard to resist.  Yesterday I tried to listen to my body and decided that I needed a nap, not a pile of chocolate.  It felt good!

I made a nice casserole yesterday so I would have something easy to grab for meals.  It took forever and made a huge mess, but it was pretty good.  I find that the time to make a recipe listed in cookbooks needs to be doubled for me ;)  

cassarole_zps327fc3db.jpg

Looking forward to a successful day 2!

Archived