Reintro peanut butter? Instantly feel sick.

marinscb

Okay so I just finished my whole 30 yesterday and I wanted to get right into reintroduction because I have had some undiagnosed sensitivity to food for the past 5 years and doctors have been unable to figure it out, so I wanted to do the reintroduction to see what sensitivities pop up.

Wellll this morning I followed the protocol and had an apple with peanut butter in addition to my breakfast. I instantly felt bloated and sick. At lunch I had kidney beans with my salad and felt fine after. For dinner I forgot to add legumes so I just added in a banana and some peanut butter again. Again, I instantly felt completely ill, and my BM today have been uhhh completely wacko. Like how they used to be before whole 30. Is it possible that it's really been peanut butter/peanuts this whole time? I've never heard of someone having such a reaction to peanuts. Should I continue to try other legumes such as lentils or other types of beans to see if I react to other types of legumes? The kidney beans at lunch seemed okay. 

I would appreciate any input, or anyone else who had a similar experience. Thanks! :)

It wouldn't hurt to try other types of legumes after you've had a few more days eating clean Whole 30.  

Have you been having apples with breakfast regularly throughout your Whole 30?  And bananas as well? 

Personally, I'd try peanut butter again towards the end of reintroductions to see if I had the same reactions again, and to be sure it wasn't something entirely unrelated that I hadn't considered, but maybe that's just me   :)

• Moderators

Learning the nuances of sensitivities can take months of experimentation, but you seem to have found something meaningful already. Your reaction marks legumes as suspect. Peanut butter seems to be the problem, but it might be difficult to notice problems with kidney beans on a day when you are getting whacked by peanut butter. You might need to try kidney beans again after a few days of Whole30 eating in case your reaction to them are just more subtle. 

Archived