Just checking... Acidophilus supplement

CompleteinHim

Hi all

Ive come to the end of my Whole30 this week although I am not confident that I followed it to the "T" so am planning to do another one in September.

However I experienced quite a lot of bloating during the 30 days and not very much weight loss, hence my thought that I need to try again, anyways, it was recommended to me that I take the acidophilus supplements which aid good digestion after I picked up a nasty stomach bug last week and just wanted to check that the ingredients look Whole30 compliant as they seem to help with the bloating..

Each Capsule will provide on average a culture of 3.5 billion bacteria (at time of manufature) consisiting of:

Lactobacillus Acidophilus Lactooccus Lactis Lactobacillus Rhamnosus Lactobacillus Casei Lactobacillus Plantarum Bifidobacterium Breve Bifidobacterium Bifidum Bifidobacterium Longum Streptoccus Thermophilius

Ingredients: Lactobacillus acidophilus; lactococcus lactis; lactobacillus rhamnosus; lactobacillus casei; lactobacillus plantarum; bifidobacterium breve; bifidobacterium bifidum; bifidobacterium longum; streptococcus thermophilus; fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS); Vegetable Cellulose (capsule shell); potato starch; ascorbic acid. *Live viable dehydrated bacteria.

• 3 years later...

Hello... I wanted to purchase this product: Scallion French-Style Soft Cheese .. so I read the ingredients.. but i'm not familiar with one... Ingredients: Cashew nuts, filtered water, onion powder, sea salt, dried scallions, lemon juice, L. Acidophilus.  I was wondering if someone can assist in helping me understand what this ingredient is.. L. Acidophilus.. I did google.. but i'm still a little confused if it's even Whole30 compliant... Thanks in advance for assistance.. I'm only on R1D5 :)

• Administrators

Hi @Chocomommy - please don't post the same general question across multiple threads. I've deleted the other post relating to this. Acidophilus is a probiotic and would be permitted however this cheese-replacement product would not be compliant. It is recreating non-compliant items w/ compliant ingredients which is against the rules. Even if it was permitted, it is very nut-heavy so you would not want to be using any quantity of it on a regular basis.

What was your original intent for the item?

Archived