The Dress has GOT to fit! - Whole30 #2

AliMack

So, about two months ago, I ordered my wedding dress. It fit perfectly and would only need a bustle added and no other alterations. Then, my Fiancee left for a summer internship in Switzerland. I ate like crap because I HATE cooking for myself. Also, I was going to Switzerland for a month and would be walking everywhere so I figured I'd even out in the end. Well, by a stroke of luck, my dress came in a week before I left for Switzerland and barely fit! Such a downer! But, I still had it in my head that walking in Switzerland would take off the weight I'd gained. Well, here I am, a month later having walked over 150 miles in Europe, and I'm still too fluffy for the dress to fit properly. Turns out, all that meat and potatoes and rich food is not off set at all by all the walking. 

Enter Whole30 #2. My Fiancee and I did our first in June 2013. Everyone thought we were crazy and it didn't make sense. But, combined we lost a kindergartner and my Fiancee slept through the night for the first time in his life!!! My parents did one in October 2013 and have mostly kept up their paleo diet ever since! So here I am, and I know it will work, but its really hard to stay motivated by myself! 

Here are my goals:

1. Go to bed around 10PM so I can get 8 hours of sleep and get up at 6AM to be at work early enough to make up for the hours I missed in Switzerland by the time Fiancee gets home. 
  2. Work out 15 out of 30 days. 
  3. Drink 3 Nalgenes of water each day at work. 
  4. Prep food in advance, make enough for leftovers, and plan my cooking so I have to do it as little as possible.

So I started on August 1. I didn't realize this section of the forum existed so I'm now on Day 7 and doing good!

I'm not going to recap everything that I've eaten over the last six days but its basically been:

Breakfasts: 2 eggs (I can't eat more than that), cukes, carrots, apple, blueberries, and/or strawberries. 

Lunches: Salad or Leftovers

Dinners: butternut/apple/sausage hash, sundried-tomato meatballs, pesto spaghetti squash with chicken, sausage/kale stuffed acorn squash. 

So on to the actual meals. 

Day 6

Meal 1: 2 Soft Boiled Eggs (putting them in while the water is cool + boiling for 5min is too long); carrots, apple, strawberries. 

Meal 2: Leftover Stuffed Acorn Squash with Sausage

Meal 3: Leftover Pesto Spaghetti Squash with Chicken

Day 7

Meal 1: 2 Soft Boiled Eggs, Carrots, Apple, Strawberries

Meal 2: Leftover Chicken Pesto Spaghetti Squash and a Peach

Meal 3: Venison Root Veggie Soup

Since its been a week...

Goals Recap

1. Sleep 8 Hours: Going GREAT! I've been getting to bed around 10 and waking up at about 6 to get to work by 7 so I can get in 9 hours to make up for being in Switzerland. 8 hours really seems to be the optimal time for me.
  2. Exercise: Going good, but could be better. I've had A LOT going on since I've gotten back and exercise has taken a back burner. I've tried lifting weights at our little apartment gym but the machine is way to big (and not adjustable) and the weights freak me out because they are solid metal and I'm not trying to drop one on my head. I've only been 3 times this week; 4 would be better. I've actually started warming up doing some HIIT (3 min jog at 4mph; intervals of 20 sec 7mph + 40 sec 4mph, 3 min jog at 4mph) to hopefully boost my calorie burn but we'll see how that goes. The first two times I worked out I did weights after my HIIT. I've given up on weights though until I can go back to a real gym when L goes back to school. So, for my third workout, I did longer HIIT with more jogging afterwards. (3 min jog at 4mph; 15 min of intevals at 20 sec 7mph + 40 sec 4mph; 7 min jog at 4mph). My goal for HIIT at this point is to increase the jogging afterwards so that I'm doing a total of 30 min then convert more jogging to intervals. 
  3. Prep Food: This week I did more complete meals than I usually do so prep wasn't as much of an issue. We'll see how it goes next week though. 
  4. Drink Water: This is going pretty good. Saturday and Sunday are the hardest because I'm not sitting at a computer with my water bottle right beside me all day. Of the weekdays, I finished 3 bottles all but one day and most days needed to refill a fourth time! 

Archived