Vegan Restaurant Options

LaurenDulin

Hi All -

I'm new to Whole 30, but even after just a few days I'm feeling great.  My challenege is that I take clients out to dinner as an essential part of the job, it is usually 2 - 3 dinners a week that I'm out.  Due to this, I need to get creative not only about the restaurants I choose but my food choices.

I was wondering if I was to choose a vegan option but add in a protein for dinner if that would be complient?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

I was wondering if I was to choose a vegan option but add in a protein for dinner if that would be compliant?

Vegan options+Protein might be compliant but it depends on ingredients--many vegan foods rely on soy, legumes and grains so they would be out. 

Have you reviewed the program rules? Here is a link that should help: http://whole30.com/whole30-program-rules/

• Moderators

I have limited experience with vegan restaurants over the past 15 years, but I don't think you can count on them to be especially Whole30-friendly relative to ordinary restaurants. 

I find steak restaurants to be good choices when I am traveling. A grilled steak with a double order of grilled broccoli is my go-to meal. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in a similar situation. I'll be traveling for business next week, and my boss (vegan) is taking me to her favorite (vegetarian/vegan) restaurant.  I checked out the menu and it is chock full of soy and tofu. I did find a "make your own" salad option and think I will choose that. There are no compliant protien options, so I'll add raw walnuts and have protein when I get back to my room (trusting that they will provide the fridge that I requested.)

Have you figured out any other solutions that I could consider?

Tuni

Archived