Food planning for my second week.

leeamlee

The clothes make the girl and nom nom paleo are my favorite blogs. Also the back of It Starts With Food has many easy recipes. My personal favorite is ground meat stir fry. I cook up ground meat in coconut oil add veggies and a little salt and pepper. Takes about 10 min to make. Enjoy!

Canned fish + bagged salad mix is my go-to lunch this week. I always dress my salads with 2 T. extra-virgin olive oil and 1 T. lemon or lime juice, just for ease. I've dressed it up with half a diced peach and a handful of blueberries, sliced green apples, chopped onion, and chopped walnuts, and today I halved some red grapes and chopped pecans on top.

What I'm doing this week to save some time in the kitchen:

Tomorrow night I'm roasting two chuck roasts in the oven (Sea salt and black pepper on both sides, 375 for 1-2 hours depending on how big the roasts are and how done you like them). One will be shredded and turned into fajitas with salsa and guacamole (I like to saute onions and peppers too). The other will be frozen for a couple days. For a morning or two I'll top my morning eggs with salsa and guacamole from fajita night. Then I will take the frozen roast, thaw and toss it in the slow cooker (add beef broth to reach halfway up the roast, low for 6-8 hours). I'll make roasted broccoli (cut into even pieces, toss with your cooking fat of choice and put in a single layer on a baking sheet. Salt and pepper to taste, roast at 375-425 for 35-45 minutes depending on the cooking temp of whatever else you're cooking) and mash a double batch of potatoes (I like to peel and dice regular russet potatoes and boil them until fork tender. Then I reserve 2 cups of the boiling liquid, drain and dump into a mixing bowl with a biiiig spoonful of clarified butter and a heavy pinch of salt, and I whip them with a hand mixer, adding the reserved hot potato-water as I go. Fluffy potatoes with no lumps!). Two nights after that I'll roast skin-on, bone-in chicken breasts (smear with cooking fat of choice, salt and pepper to taste, roast on a baking sheet for 1.5 hours at 375 or until done. Stockpile the bones in the freezer to make bone broth later!), and serve them with the leftover mashed potatoes and a fresh vegetable, maybe green beans sauteed with bacon or more roasted broccoli.

I suggest you pick some soup recipes you like, say from stupid easy paleo or paleomg, and freeze portions to thaw, heat, and eat when you just don't have time for anything else. I have two soups defrosting right now for next week. Most any soup (or chili for that matter) can be cooked with extra ingredients and will freeze, so pick some you like. Remember my chuck roasts? Last time I made them, one went into the crock pot as I described, and the other was shredded and added to a french-onion style soup (pick your favorite French onion soup or tortilla soup recipe, skip any flours or cornstarches, add extra vegetables to make up for the beans and corn, and throw leftover chicken or beef into the pot. Easy peasy.)

Archived