Portioning and tid bits of advice?

Hi guys!

This is my first post and my first journey on Whole30! :) I'm so stoked to be taking on this journey with my fiance by my side. We are on day 6 and going strong. Well he is more than me, as I'm the craving girl and my sweet tooth has been singing very loudly lately.

Anyhow, I need help! I'm unsure of portion sizes for the lunches that I make for my Fiance. They're simple with a lean protein and two vegetables but he seems to always be STARVING by 5pm which is when we have a prior to gym meal and then head out to get our exercise on. Any tips on portioning as snacking is discouraged. He's pretty active and a healthy eater prior to this program. 

Also, looking for on-the-go meals if ya'll have any ideas? Or tid bits of advice to allow for us to be more successful?

Thanks so much! :)

What Brewer said.

Also: lean protein? Protein doesn't need to be lean, but if it is make sure you add some good quality fat to his meal, that will make a huge difference in satiety.

Just curious; if you are eating a protein that isn't specifically lean, should the fattier meats count towards the serving of fats at each meal?

Just curious; if you are eating a protein that isn't specifically lean, should the fattier meats count towards the serving of fats at each meal?

consider the fat servings on the template as a minimum. So, if you want more fat with your fatty meat, it's ok, but if you are satisfied that's also fine.

Archived