Starting tomorrow, 8/13.

tmorris

I have been feeding my body awfully for the last 35 years. I have been overweight most of my life. About 3 years ago, I got fed up and I lost about 55lbs and I became more fit than I have ever been in my life. 16 months ago I injured my hip, I think it was just an overuse injury. It hasn't fully healed and as a side effect from that injury I developed a seriously painful case of piriformis syndrome. I am still having pain from the piriformis. I have spent the last 16 months in pain and feeling sorry for myself, and extremely angry that an injury caused me to lose the best physical condition that I have ever been in and to regain nearly 30lbs of what I had worked so hard to lose.

The truth is I never learned how to eat properly, I learned that a lot of exercise could make up for almost all of my bad food choices. I learned that I could eat OK most of the time and cheat a lot and make up for it at the gym. As soon as I couldn't work out, the weight piled back on.

I have felt horrible the past few months, and I am ready to regain control of my health and my body. I am also praying that the Whole30 will ease my pain. I am looking forward to the journey!

Tracy

Tracy - I know a lot about the roller coaster you describe. Seems that if we don't find 'success' through a holistic approach, if we force it, the results are fleeting!

Enjoy your whole 30 journey!

I love you Pit - the avatar pic is precious!

Thank you! It is quite a roller coaster ride.

My avatar is actually an American bulldog but everyone thinks he is a pit which is fine with me, as I love pits too. He's a great dog, a ton of work but most things that are worth anything are a lot of work.

Thank you! It is quite a roller coaster ride.

My avatar is actually an American bulldog but everyone thinks he is a pit which is fine with me, as I love pits too. He's a great dog, a ton of work but most things that are worth anything are a lot of work.

I'll take any Bully!! I've got three "Pit Somethings", one of which looks a lot like your boy and is probably just as much work (He is quite the diva!)

Good luck - just remember to roll 1 day @ a time!

I'll take any Bully!! I've got three "Pit Somethings", one of which looks a lot like your boy and is probably just as much work (He is quite the diva!)

Good luck - just remember to roll 1 day @ a time!

Haha, me too! Such a great breed, sadly so misrepresented these days. He is a diva, that is a great way to put it, so demanding!!

Thanks All! So far so good, though it's only 120pm. I have a killer caffeine headache, hopefully it doesn't take too long to go away. I bought some coconut milk at the store this morning to try with my coffee but I don't think I will like it. I'm probably just going to have to deal with the detox.

Today's Day 1 for me as well! I just turned 35, have our second boy on the way, and haven't been able to ditch moderate back pain for the past 3-4 years. I've got some extra baggage around the midsection, but more than weight loss I'm really looking forward to feeling better and being the best husband/father/coworker I can be.

Congrats on taking the first step!

- Steven

Archived