Meal Feedback Please

AWG

Good morning. I'm on Day 21 and would love to check in about my meals. Overall I have been feeling some great effects so far (less bloating, easier to wake up in the mornings, not getting hangry and the biggest - no guilt for eating the crap I was eating before whole30).  I haven't experienced a big energy boost (maybe a gradual one?), am still sometimes getting hungry between meals, and my stools are still very loose (could this be my new normal?). Also, probably twice a day I get lightheaded - either in yoga (coming from head below my heart to standing up) or at random places if I've been bending over/squatting down.  This is not completely unheard of for me but the regularity of it is a bit concerning.  So I just thought it would make me feel better to get some feedback on my food. Thank you!

Here are a few days of food:

DAY 1:

1: 3 egg scramble with handful of spinach, few cherry tomatoes, 3 mushrooms, onion, 1 slice of bacon (sauteed in ghee) - topped with 1/2 avocado + 1/2 small banana, 1 strawberry, about 1/4 cup blueberries + coffee with about 3 Tbsp coconut milk

Post spin class snack: few slices roast beef, 4-5 baby carrots, 4 slices cucumber

2: Romaine, Arugula salad with cucumber, carrots, 1/2 avocado, crab (about a palm worth), tomatoes, heart of palm, Tessemae's Lemonette dressing (salad took up 4/5 of my plate) + 1/4 cup leftover roasted broccoli + 1/4 cup leftover roasted potatoes + 4 pecan halves

3: Pork chop baked with olive oil, artichoke hearts, peppers, onions, bacon pieces + broiled asparagus (coated in EVOO) + 1/2 sweet potato

DAY 2:

1: 3 egg scramble with handful of spinach, few cherry tomatoes, 3 mushrooms, onion, 1 slice of bacon (sauteed in ghee) - topped with 1/2 avocodo + 1/2 small banana, 1 strawberry, about 1/4 cup blueberries + coffee with about 3 Tbsp coconut milk

"Basic" yoga class - didn't eat post work out, but had meal 2 about 45 min after

2: hamburger patty crumbled over lettuce + onion, squash grilled in balsamic + salsa over top + 1/2 small banana + 4 pecan halves

Was hungry so snack: 3 bites leftover ground turkey with onion + 6 baby carrots

3: 1 1/2 palms worth ground bison with onion (sauteed in coconut oil) + 1/2 sweet potato (cubed & roasted in coconut oil) over handful of romaine topped with salsa + heaping handful of kale chips + 4 slices of peach

DAY 3:

1: 3 egg scramble with handful of spinach, few cherry tomatoes, 3 mushrooms, onion (sauteed in ghee) - topped with 1/2 avocado + 2 slices of prosciutto + 1/2 small banana, 1 strawberry, about 1/4 cup blueberries + coffee with about 3 Tbsp coconut milk

2: palm full of deli roast beef + handful of baby carrots + small apple + big handful kale chips

3: palm size baked chicken + roasted veggies in EVOO (turnip, brussel sprouts, onion) + salad (lettuce, raw carrots, cucs, celery, tomatoes in balsamic)

Notes:

I salt every meal generously and I drink water allllll day long (a lot...8 to 10 refills of a 12 oz cup). I weigh somewhere in the 130s.

I use a regular size dinner plate and fill it with food (occasionally I'll go back for a little more of something). Sometimes I have a hard time eating everything on my plate but I do it anyway trying to be full enough to make it to the next meal. When do you know when you've become fat adapted and can start trusting your feelings of being full?

Thanks again to everybody!  This is one of the best things I've done for myself and I appreciate the helpful advice and information that is available.

What stands out to me is the fruit for breakfast.  

And no, "very loose stools" should not be anyone's normal.  Trust me.  I went through years of loose stools and thought it was "my normal".  ...It's not normal.  Something is not right.

I think it would be hard to be truly "fat adapted" when consuming that amount of fruit each day for breakfast.  If you keep your insulin level low throughout the day, you will feel more balanced and less hungry.  You are starting out the day by raising your blood sugar, therefore raising insulin level.  Insulin is a storage hormone -- think:  fat storage, NOT fat release.

If you are looking for suggestions, mine would be to just try going a few days without the fruit and see what differences you notice.

I am adding salt with every meal and I feel like I'm adding a lot - to the point of sometimes over-salting for my tastes. (and I like salt!) I haven't seen any guideline about how much salt we need....is there one? Thank you.

Archived