Did I screw up in day 26?!

lbosmer

OK, I am no Whole30 rookie. This now is my 3rd round in the past 2 years. I innocently bought a bag of pistachios from Costco thinking nothing of it. I've been munching on them here and there for the past 2 days. I looked just by happenstance at the nutritional info and my mouth hit the floor. They had SUGAR, DEXTROSE, and YEAST EXTRACT (which is basically a glorified name for MSG...) 1.) I am SO SO MAD AT MYSELF for not reading the label. I KNOW how to do a Whole30. I feel so dumb...gah! 2.) Did I ruin my Whole30 on Day 26?! I only had 4 more days. Does this require a reset. I have been so so good and this has been my cleanest whole30 yet...until yesterday. It makes me so mad that they would ruin perfectly good pistachios like that. How craptastic is that. Thanks Kirkland brand.

Well, I guess I am just going to do a Whole45. If it were just the sugar i would be okay with stopping at day 30. It's the yeast extract (MSG) that gets me. I will just go until the Friday before Labor Day. And, lesson learned. I never thought an innocent bag of pistachios would make me so MAD.

• Moderators

It is pretty crazy to hear what was added to pistachios, but things sometimes get added to lower quality foods to improve taste or texture. When I study things in a grocery store, I often see more expensive items having fewer ingredients than cheaper ones. The better stuff doesn't need help...

Archived