Do not need to lose weight

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the article.  Hopefully it has saved my whole 30 because I was intertaining thoughts of qoing off the program because I am not supposed to lose weight and I am starting to. I am only on day 8 and have been stuffing myself. Eating sweet potaoes, avacado and coconut milk as much as I can tolerate them along with the other foods we are supposed to eat.  I am so full I feel half sick most of the time, and I am not hungry by the time for the next meal. Tom Denham what do you have to do to gain weight on this program?

Thanks Jennor it's nice to hear somebody didn't lose weight on this plan. I have lost 2 pounds in the 9 days and am just concerned about it continueing. I havent been at all fearfull of fat,  I use a lot of coconut oil and I made the mayo and sauces. I do everything they suggest, it is just a lot of food.  I was used to eating 3 small meals amd 2 or 3 healthy snacks. I havent had any problems like cravings, just the being so full and feeling half sick. Then starting to lose. I hope this article helps. I am going to fix the butternut squash soup.

Thanks Jennor it's nice to hear somebody didn't lose weight on this plan. I have lost 2 pounds in the 9 days and am just concerned about it continuing.

First, stop weighing yourself! Many people lose some water-weight at the beginning of the whole30 because inflammation is being reduced (yes, normal-weight and under-weight people can have inflammation). This is a good thing. I wouldn't expect it to continue at a similar pace moving forward, but give your body time to adjust and balance out.

Ginger10 - I wasn't able to stick to just having 3 meals and not snack. Most days I did have a post or preWO meal and a mini meal at night, otherwise I got too hungry. I was breastfeeding at the time, and needed to eat more frequently. I am gradually cutting down on that as I feel that I can stay full on fewer meals, but it has been a very gradual process over a year or so.

Miss Mary and jennor I am going to go on faith from what everbody has said on this and other forums and try to not weigh myself. Jennor I do not get hungry for snacks.  Usually I am not hungry for the next meal when the time comes around. I am not over eating. The suggested servings are just very filling to me.

My concern for losing weight is because my oncologist was adament that I not loose any weight and I see her in October so I would'nt have time to gain it back before then.The reason I am doing this program is to get rid of inflamation and be healthy. 

I appreciate your comments and feel more comfortable with this now.

If you want to be sure you're not losing, but don't want to be thinking about your weight, you can stand on a scale backwards, get someone else to read it and make a note. You don't need to know anything other than whether you need to eat more sweet potatoes :)

Also, a bulletproof coffee made with coconut oil can give your fat intake a boost.

Thanks Praxisproject that is an idea and I like sweet potatoes. I eat at least one small one a day. I will increase that some what. I just started drinking bullet proof coffee with coconut oil a couple of days ago.  I will drink at least one in the morning although I prefer it with coconut milk.

I was going to try that the next cup. Maybe it will help. Above you said you can gain ten kilos of inflamation over night.  Are you saying if I eat something and gain what I call water weight overnight that that is inflamation. So I would know by that what is causing inflamation for me?

That's how it is for me... I always called it water weight too (I used to do low carb), but after my first Whole30, I saw how much my whole physique changes when it happens, I just didn't notice because I felt so crappy. Everything swells, I get arthritis, muscle pain, all sorts of things. It's just that when I felt like that all the time, I didn't realise I was sick. Now I have a whole new kind of normal :D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived