From Mini Whole 12 to Whole Jo

GoJo09

Day 23

My friend is starting a whole 30 today so I said I'd carry on and do it with her. I don't expect she'll be terribly committed but you never know. Was naughty again today and only had no breakfast add I had tennis after work so I shifted my meals around. If seems to work well for me though.

7am: bulletproof mocha with nut milk

11am: roast lamb and steamed broccoli and zucchini

4.30pm: Almond meal crumbed chicken with salad and olives

6pm: tennis

I'll have something small when I get home, probably a pork patty and some sugar snap peas.

Wore contacts today and that always makes me more tired as I have to focus more i think. Had an afternoon coffee too, which is unusual.

Funny day for meals today. By which I mean bloody annoying. My 11.30 meeting didn't finish until 1.40, which was far too late to get to the gym so had lunch then. Planned to gym after work instead, but my 4pm meeting got pushed to 5.45 (keeping in mind I finish at 5.30...), so I didn't leave work until 7 so skipped the gym or I wouldn't get home until after 9. Will go tomorrow lunch instead and maybe before work on Friday to ensure I don't get sucked in to project stuff and miss it.

Breakfast: crumbed chicken and roasted asparagus, 1 Almond milk latte and 1 coconut cream coffee

Lunch: pork patty and raw zucchini slice

Afternoon coffee - it was that kind of day

Dinner: sardine cakes and coleslaw, banana mashed w coconut cream and cinnamon

Was that dessert? I don't think so as I only had it because I needed some more fat with dinner and some carbs. I want craving sweet at all.

Day 25

Another late night at work - I'll be glad when this week is over! I'm not sure but I think the probiotics I've started taking are bloating me. Will Hope that improves but I'll finish the jar anyway. 

Breakfast: coffee w coconut cream x1, roast lamb over pan fried zucchini w tomato paste

gym: creatine. 80% shoulder press @ 12.5kg (I wasn't coming all the way below parallel so I hope that I was doing them right...) and 8mins of pullups w 2 bands and squats w 20kg bar (7 rounds + 4 pullups and 8 squats). Pork patty on the way back to work. 

Lunch: 2 tins of tuna in oil and coleslaw. Most of the oil got left in the bowl. 

Afternoon coffee...

dinner (8.30pm): fist size amount of sweet potato grated and cooked in coconut oil w a good sprinkling of cinnamon and 3 eggs poured over. Ate about 2/3 ( was pretty done after 1/2, but it didn't occur to me to stop eating...)

Day 26

As suspected, my friend quit Whole 30 after 2 days - I knew she wouldn't stay away from the wine! But I'll carry on regardless until I find something worth off-roading for. And hopefully I start losing some weight and my rosacea calms down - neither of which has happened to date.

A super long day at work today - the team I'm working with will be ordering pizza for dinner, but I've told them not to cater for me as I'll bring my own food.

Breakfast: 1x coffee with coconut cream, 1x black coffee, 4 eggs, half avo and hot sauce, plus a small handfuls of sugar snap peas (running out of vege...)

Lunch: roast lamb, steamed broccoli and zucchini

Will probably get an almond milk latte this afternoon

Dinner: what I think is slow roasted shredded beef (I found it in the freezer) and coleslaw

No gym as it's going to be a long, active day as it is (we're moving office and I'm on the project team - which means I get to be at the new site all day until around 9 tonight organising and what-not)

Day 27

At work all day, on a Saturday. Brought my own lunch as I knew it was too much trouble for the person catering to bring something I could eat. Ended up eating the rest of a packet of trail mix (ate half yesterday) and a mini date and coconut bar in the car on the way home. And then I wasn't really hungry for a proper dinner. So that was foolish.

Day 28

Nearly there. Ended up eating a bunch of pulled pork as I took it out of the oven, so I added some snow peas and called it dinner. And then some strawberries in coconut cream. I almost wrote that it was because I had the strawberries, but to be honest, I was craving sweet after all that fat from the pork. Big walk in the sunshine to get exercise and vitamin D.

Day 29

This Whole 30 has been remarkably easy, really. But at the same time I haven't really had any "results". My skin isn't clearer. I haven't lost any weight. I sleep well, but I always slept ok anyway. My energy has been terrible (which can't be blamed on food - I've been lifting heavy at the gym and working on a stressful project at work). I'm definitely happy and less anxious though.

The daily emails only stated coming part way through my whole 30 due to me starting before the date I'd selected, so I'll continue on until I'm up to 30 on those (an extra 8 days), and then reassess what I want to do going forward. I feel I'd probably benefit from a longer spam from psychological reasons, and to stop me sneaking in those technically paleo foods like coconut ice cream and sweet potato chips.

Today I was at the chemist and had fleeting thoughts of buying a bag of jelly beans. I didn't want them before I got there, and I wasn't obsessing over them all afternoon, but I need the rules for a bit longer, I think, to stop me buying things because I can (which always results in me eating every thing I've bought - I don't do moderation).

I was actually at the organic supermarket yesterday and they had dark chocolate with coffee beans on a great special. I actually spent a few minutes in that aisle debating whether to get one - even though I hadn't given any thought to chocolate until just that second, I thought "that'll be a nice treat now that you've finished the whole 30". I didn't even want chocolate! I finally realised what am idiot I was being and spent time in the beauty aisle seeing if there was something I wanted. (I ended up leaving with nothing. )

The stupid thing is I had 99% decided I was going to carry on with Whole 30 for a while longer (perhaps another month), but then I was talking with a friend about going to a street festival on Saturday that's sponsored by my favourite local brewery, and clearly my brain thought "well if you're having beer on Sat you're not doing whole 30, so let's have some chocolate! ". A clear sign I need to continue for psychological reasons if nothing else!

So I'm announcing formally that I'll be doing another whole 30 starting today, finishing on 18 October. Go me!

Archived