First Time, Starting August 18th 2014

Dayleo

Im glad to see everyone has been doing pretty well on their Whole30. I have tripped and stumbled once and twice. I am going to keep eating properly for as long as I can, however I have not been able to let my Vino go. I only indulge on a weekend with it, but still, I know I didnt stay completely complient with my whole30. I tried very hard, but stress and frustration got the best of me. My husband tried to help, but he couldnt keep up with the stuff I would prep and eat for dinner. He needed to have his tortilla's or hot dog & hamburger buns. Many frustrations came from not finding complient food in several grocery stores. Not to mention it sent my grocery bill over budget. I have, however, realized how I look at food now. I have been able to find ways to order food at restaurants, though many waiters and waitress's do not know their menus hardly at all. I will also wait awhile to introduce wheat and rice back in my diet. I think that was the biggest contributer to my weight gain. So far I've lost 8lbs, but I see it more in the fact my pants fit better. So keeping with the food plan and exercise, I hope to keep seeing benefits.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 30 is always an accomplishment.  I am always happy to meet this date with a smile.  I will continue on and I look to a great dinner tonight (going shopping after work for veggies and I will pick up some meat/protein for a great dinner).  Hope you all enjoy the day, the accomplishment and found some or all of what you were looking for from the program.  

As noted, I am doing a W???.  I will be doing this for a while and seeing where it takes me.  If an obsticle arrises, I hope to plan my transition a little better than ending up elbow deep in a plate of brownies (little chance of that happening but the visual is nice).

I had to weigh for the first time on Saturday due to required reporting for a weight loss challenge I was doing over the summer... using my start of this W30 weight and the weight on Saturday, I was down 8 Lbs.  I will take that. 

I appreciate all in the group who provided advice, thoughts, virtual huggs and a safe place to post.  Keep up the good work and I wish you all "Great Health"!!!

Cheers

DJ

Day 31 for me....I'm going to keep on going until I come across something worth eating that's breaking the wholedeal for.  Weighed myself this evening, and I've only lost 5lb which is a wee bit disappointing, but have lost 2% in body fat (allegedly).  Have still had the odd headache, particularly this week so hopefully if I continue to eat clean I might see more of an improvement. :rolleyes:

I had a birthday cupcake tonight, but ate compliant for all my meals today. My husband bought me ISWF and well fed 2 for my birthday. Next off road moment will be saturday when I have a joint birthday dinner with the mother in law (we're a week apart). Not having reintro this time is nice, I can just go off road when it's 'worth it'. And that chocolate raspberry cupcake from the fancy bakery was a good call :)

Archived