Starting on 1st September

Pedro Pinto

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in for starting on Sept. 1st as well. I made my decision last night and looking forward to lots of support and encouragement! I made it 28 days last time but my daughter went in for a "normal" surgery to remove her adenoids and put tubes in her ear due to a severe ear infection but it turned out to be tumors causing what they thought was a ear infection. She's since had 4 more surgeries, lost most of her hearing and is struggling with healing and hearing. 6 weeks after the surgery we also lost our house in a fire. Obviously the stress and the mulitple long hospital stays and back and forth to the hosptial 2 hours away caused me to fall off the wagon. I've been unable to focus on getting back on living in a temporary home until mine is rebuilt and dealing with my daughter's health have been all the "excuses" I've needed to eat poorly. I'm ready to reclaim my health and hopefully my daughter's as well!

I am starting on September 1st too.  So glad this group is here.  I couldn't find a "live" one on Facebook.  I've got autoimmune issues that are greatly triggered by foods.  I've played around with paleo before trying to heal my leaky gut (and yes, the six months that I was compliant it did heal it).  I'm 52 years old and am so sick and tired of being sick and tired and I'm ready to make permanent changes.  This will be my first Whole 30.

Hi everyone, I'm so excited to find a group that are starting when I plan too, I'm in for 1st Sept 2014!!!!! I plan to use the next 2 weeks to plan, shop and just gather as much info as I need so this is a success. Everyone you talk to that has completed their 30 days say the key is planning and prep. This is my first one and I hope not last. My life is taken over by food and mostly sugar. I have put on 20kg (about 10lbs) in the past 18 months and I cannot even look in the mirror. I am so unhealthy, lethargic, food obsessed and I need to regain my life. I am 42, a mother of 4 boys and my hubby works away in the mines. He is gone for 2 weeks then home for 1! I am from Australia so I will need to learn the conversions better for kg/lb! Wow I didn't intend to ramble but I really think I am going to need lots of support as I don't know anyone from my town who even knows what a Whole 30 is? We are just ending our Winter and it is going to be Summer before I know it, we live at the beach over Summer and I have to have my body back by then, I refuse to spend another Summer hiding from everyone. I can't wait to hear others stories and any tips anyone has before we start, thanks for listening xx

Hello Meagsy. We will certainly help each other and it will be much easier for everyone who usually struggle in this type of things. In addition, according to what you said, in order to convert lb to kg, simply write "lb to kg converter" on Google and you'll be prompt with a lot of converters ;)

I am starting on September 1st also, glad to see a thread for it already! I have been reading/researching as much as I can the last few weeks. I finally got my copy of ISWF yesterday and I'm reading that as well. I plan to take the weekend before the first to prep and whatnot. Made a Pinterest board to save recipes, tips, etc. and I've made a chart of meals to try. It's good to see everything all in one place. Can't wait to take this journey with you all :)

Add me to the list starting for first time September 1st. Hoping to find some relief for allergies and congestion, energy level which is related to sleep problems, as well as lose a few stubborn pounds that crept on this year. Biggest challenge for me will be restaurant eating, as my husband enjoys eating out quite a bit, and we have an active social group for parties. Spending the next 15 days in preparation, going to start eliminating or greatly reducing certain groups of non compliant foods a little at a time. Starting this first few days by eliminating dairy and my daily almond milk which has some no-no ingredients. Next will be grains. Then alcohol... I'm fairly good already about obvious sugars. So day one I hope won't be too much of a shock. More later......

Hi All! Super excited and nervous about starting the Whole30. I am planning on starting on September 1 as well. I need time to clean out the pantry, fridge, and do some family talks about my new lifestyle for the month of September. I also need to get started with the grocery shopping, lists, and meal plans for the month of September. I look forward to connecting and checking in during the month of September!  :)

Hello all! My husband and I will also be starting September 1st - and it will be our first Whole30! I read It Starts With Food and have been absorbing anything and everything I can. I'm so excited to get started and reset my system! I'm thankful for this accountability and support system. 

Hi everyone!  I will be starting my first Whole 30 on 9/1 as well!  I've started the book, and am collecting recipes so I can go ahead and make a chart of meals for the whole month!  I've recruited a few friends at work to do it with me, but this will be great support as well.  Looking forward to it!

Archived