Starting on 1st September

Pedro Pinto

Hi Everyone! I am also going to start on the 1st of September. My husband has agreed to do it with me as well. Thank goodness as it would have been near impossible if he was still eating bread etc! 

I found the Whole 30 as I have a 5 month old who has a milk protein intollerance, so I have had to give up dairy and soy as I am breastfeeding. It made a huge difference for Riley, but I couldn't believe how good I felt, so I started to explore more about how diet impacts our health and found "It starts with food". Such a great book, and inspired me to give a Whole30 ago! (I also have a 3 year old, so i will be interesting to see how he reacts. I won't be putting him on the Whole30, but I think by default his diet will change, e.g. having the same dinners as us).

Meagsy I am also in Australia! So let's share if we come across any good Whole30 compliant ingredients. Since reading It starts with food, I have been looking around at a few things to see if they will be Whole30 compliant. I found that tinned Beetroot had sugar in it the other day! I couldn't believe it. Even when you think you are making healthy choices the manufacturers are sneaking added sugar in! Also, Meagsy the book has conversion tables at the back for lbs to metric conversions etc. 

Anyone else on here from Australia who has done a whole30 before and has some brand/product recommendations? Though I know most of what i'll be buying will be fresh whole foods.

Good luck all. Looking forward to sharing this journey towards better health with you all!

I found soy lecithin in my green tea w/ passionfruit and soy in canned tuna, you just never know.  I have yet to print off some lists from work- grocery list, hidden things list.  Wish you the best too down under.  One place I have on my list of things to do- see Australia, I love the saltwater hobby and would really enjoy seeing the barrier reef esp.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone! I am new to this whole thing but I want to do it and I know it will be tough, especially when doing it alone. My family isnt about to let me throw out everything they like for this haha and everytime I turn around someone wants to go out to eat!! I know my biggest downfall is lack of time management and meal planning. I am on summer break right now but in September it will be full-time school, volunteering a few hours a week, part-time work (at a coffee and donut shop may i add..) and no time for meal plannings... of course i am going to make time i just need to figure out what to eat and how to prep meals efficiently. I have been researching paleo for a while now and downloaded a few cookbooks but i really need to learn to do this myself to understand and stick with it. So if anyone has any starter tips for me that would be great! Im glad that i am able to post here and read other posts so i am not really alone :)

Hello Everyone!!! I´m also starting on Sept 1st, and this is my first time ever.. I have never diet or do any changes on my eating habits, so I'm a little bit nervous about it.  Next Saturday will be my 32nd birthday, so I want to do this as a gift to myself.  I am a mom of a 21 month old boy, so I also want to change my habits to teach him a good way to eat.  I am from Mexico, so if you notice mistakes in my writing please excuse me in advance  ;)  I hope I can get support from you guys and we can finish our 30!!  See you around!!

I'm starting up 9/1. I've been spending this week meal planning and shopping for Whole30-approved staples like coconut aminos and fish sauce. I've completed 21 days of a Whole30 before, in 2012, but never the entire thing. I'm excited to break some very bad habits I have with food, particularly sweets! I'm located in Idaho.

Starting my second whole30 on sept 1st, my first one was exactly a year ago! I can't wait to see the results again and hopefully stick with it a little longer afterwards considering I've got much more supportive people in my life this time around.

Hi Everyone!

I'm also starting on Monday 1st September 2014!!!!

I've tried the whole30 before.....first time I did about 20 days, 2nd time I did just a few days.....so it's 3rd time lucky for me!!!! No excuses this time!

Good Luck everyone!

Maria.

AussieMell - I've done it before and Coconut Secret coconut aminos are my main recommendation, and planning ahead :) Avoid the Niulife brand, it's loaded with sugar (and often not mentioned if you're buying online). Compliant bacon is almost impossible, but prosciutto, often much easier :)

For Aussies, this is a must-read thread: http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/5432-sourcing-food-in-australia/

Always check the labels, as ingredients can change over time :)

Also, any Aussies subscribing to the Daily Emails, go one day earlier, as they come quite late in the day for our timezone!

I am in. I have already joined the FB group. I am buddying with my sister-in-law who lives in VA and I live in WA. We share the same name and she researched this group. I have done it once in 2012 (2 mos) and felt fantastic. Fell off wagon and then my son did it to get in shape for heart valve repair and my son-in-law for weight loss. They both lost 25 lbs. (guys always lose the most plus they were very active during the 30 days ) I started modified one in July getting ready for my physical and pleased to say my blood work was all in normal range and lost 10 lbs.

my main objective is to get back my energy and that is working. My main sacrifice is not having any cocktails. I know this is something I do have to live without since I have Type 2 diabetes.

I think my resistance to losing the weight is more portion control (particularly nuts ). I have gone overboard to offset my hunger. Regardless I feel so much better that the weight scale is truly not that important to me. Plus I don't like to cook and this plan allows me instant gratification with having to prepare in advance. This month I really want to do more recipes. I recently did the sweet potato quiche with spinach basil and it was delish and so easy to prepare. Looking forward to being more consistent for these 30 days. BTW I have loved my hard boiled eggs for breakfast and that has helped me in the morning to getting a more consistent eating routine. I am not normally hungry in the AM and this made it easy to start normalizing.

Hello everyone, I'm Charen. I've had recent stomach issues and I'm lactose intolerant, and I've decided I need to clean up my diet. I'm starting Whole30 on 9/1 and I'm excited and nervous. I know this will be a challenge for me because I'm not much of a cook or really enjoy left overs. Horrible combination. I'm currently looking for quick easy meals.

I'm glad I came across this forum

Hi All !

I am new and will be starting on September 1 as well. I suffer from PCOS and I am ready to expand my family, but first I want to get my health and my relationship with food under control. I have been desperately trying to figure out how to lose the last stubborn 20 lbs and get rid of the insane cravings that seem to take over my life. I have read several success stories in which Whole30 has been praised as the jump start to a whole new view on life, weight loss, food and PCOS. I am hoping that this is the answer that I am looking for. 

Jess

Like you all, I (and The Mr) are starting on Monday. I'm looking forward to getting my food cravings under control.

My main concern is time.... I have a long commute to work, and I tend to make complicated meals. 

My goal is to find and make simple foods, that are delicious. Well Fed I & II will probably be my bible. 

Good luck all!

I came across this program by accident researching paleo.  I have some chronic pain issues that I can't seem to find a cause for so I hope I learn something in this program.  Also it wouldn't hurt to lose 10 or 20 pounds.  I got excited when I read someone's post mentioning less ankle swelling!

The last week I have been mentally preparing by cutting back coffee, skipping the alcohol, reading more labels, and haven't had a grain.  I am now the proud owner of a bottle of coconut aminos but haven't tried them yet.

I have crockpot chicken and beef in the frig and bone broth (my first) simmering in the crockpot.

Thanks for the suggestion of Pinterest since I have been saving recipes but forget about putting them on it. 

So I guess my hopes are for less pain, better sleep, more energy, less depression, and more enthusiasm.

That is quite a wish list!  Any improvements will be appreciated.

Hi. I'm starting on September 1st as well. I would love to join this group if you don't mind adding one more. I don't know anyone personally who is doing this, so having the support would be very helpful.

Right now I'm tapering off of the foods on the exclude list, reading ISWF, building the proper pantry (cleaning out the no-nos and adding the necessities), and going through the website.

I look forward the working through this with all of you.

I have been looking for a support group to join as I always do better on a project with group support!

I have done the Whole 30 for about 2 weeks and really felt better and enjoyed the new recipes -

got called home for elder care but now back on track and looking for good health delicious clean foods and losing the love handles...

Where did they ever get the name since I despise them?

I am not getting old - I am getting better! ...is going to be my motto!

I'm getting ready to start on the 1st :) I'm based in Queensland, Australia like some of you guys. Just finished reading ISWF, can't wait to start now. Just clearing out all the foods we won't be needing and getting some sort of meal plan together.

I'm starting 9/2/14... Taking Monday, Labor Day to prep more food.  I'm so excited and feel very hopeful; I really want to do this, without fail.  So I'm also nervous and don't want to consciously or unconsciously eat crap not part of whole30.  I'm looking forward to learn from others and hold each other accountable! #whole30ninjas :ph34r: 

I am starting for the first time as well.  I don't know if I'm giving myself enough time to prepare but we eat mostly whole foods anyway.  I'm the only one in my house doing this and have asked a few women I know to pray for me but will love this support.  In a lot of pain and have some autoimmune stuff and weight issues.  I seem to be a perfect candidate for Whole 30!  Looking forward to September!  

Archived