Starting on 1st September

Pedro Pinto

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting 09/01...I'm scared! I'm weak:( but I know something gotta give!!! I'd never even heard of this until my sis-in-law told me about on vaca (no, I don't live under a rock)! She challenged me & agreed to partner with me, she was on her 3rd round. I'm going to tell her about too, but I'd like to be in a group of some firsties. I'll definitely need the support! I know this group is full, but may I join?!

Thank you!

Hi everyone! I'm so excited to be starting on 9/1. I broke my back in November and fell I to a bad habit of eating terrible and doing nothing (since I couldn't bend, twist, lift, nothing!) I let myself get way out of control and I'm ready for a full reset! (My body is too) cannot wait to start, I'm nervous but gotta be strong! First time around, ready set, go!

I am new to Whole 30 and also plan to start on September 1, the program seems to resonate with me and it is something I have needed to do for myself for a long, long time. I am looking forward to a whole new way of healthy living.

Folks who aren't much into cooking, I highly recommend the meatball recipes from Melissa Joulwan http://theclothesmakethegirl.com & her two cookbooks: Well Fed & Well Fed 2. Melissa has lots of batch cooking tips which are great for weekday meals.

I've got two batches of meatballs already made, soup and veggie prep up next :D

I'm starting then too! will be nice to have support or to virtually scream sometimes ;) I have asthma and cutting out dairy before really helps but you know how it goes - a little here and there and then more and then when the man wants quesadillas every week - you cave... lol But he's doing it with me I think I may have convinced a couple other folks too - but we'll see - either way I'm excited - I ordered the book it gets here Monday just in time! :D

Hi all,

I am committed and ready to start September 1st. Just have to go to grocery story and start cooking tomorrow. I tried to do the whole 30 and made it up to day 12 so I am looking forward to this round and staying fully loyal to the program. To be honest it wasn't as hard as I anticipated once I got used to coconut milk in my coffee. It was hard to go out with friends and not drink a glass of wine so this time I think I will try to avoid going out. I am looking forward to trying new recipes, avoiding emotional eating, aka eating 50 cashews when not hungry,and learning to deal with the feeling of craving sugar. I look forward to all the support this forum offers.

Hi everyone! I started my first whole30 A little before august and went a little crazy after and didn't reintroduce things the way I should have. I have felt awful since reintroducing dairy and grains so I am restarting tomorrow in order to figure out what exactly is making me tired, causing my breakouts, and my digestive issues. My first whole30 went well and I Had a lot of non scale victories so I am excited to start again and will probably eat paleo afterwards!

Hello Everyone,

I'm planning to start Tuesday the 2nd. I will be planning/cooking on Monday the 1st. I've been to Whole Foods to get the odd stuff that I can't find in my regular store and I'm largely ready with ingredients. I will probably make one more trip tomorrow. I've read It Starts With Food, Well Fed 1 & 2 and looked at recipes online.

My biggest challenge will be giving up sugar (Coke especially) and eating regular food in the morning. Historically eggs and I don't get along and I don't really like them either, but I will see if I can tolerate them at this point because of their ease of preparation. I leave for work at 5:50 am so I need things that are quick and easy. 

I have had increasing all over body aches/pains and I always have digestive issues so I'm hoping these will clear up. I've gained 20lbs in the past two years, thanks mostly to starting a desk job and three weeks of steroids for an allergic reaction (10 was from that and hasn't budged!). My eating habits have gone downhill significantly since I started working so early in the morning and not sleeping enough. I pretty much live on sugar and I know it makes me feel like crap. 

I have done this twice before with AMAZING results, and it is time to do it again! I will start Monday 09/01, as most of you are doing, and I am expecting to have an excellent report for my cardio when I see him in October. 

Thanks for starting this group!

Looking forward to starting tomorrow: September 1st and joining what looks to be a large and active group. I am pairing the Whole30 challenge with a 30 day Pure Barre challenge, and I can't wait to jump right in and push myself physically and mentally. I had a baby 4 months ago, and my goal is to lose those last pesky pounds of baby weight.

Good luck to all and I hope to see your progress as the month progresses!

Hi, I've been hanging with the Dirty 30 August 21 start date but really 9/1 is my start date because I was in the middle of a move and eating healthy was impossible.  I'm looking forward to Sept 1 start.  One year ago was my very first whole30.  Boy have I learned a lot since then!

Tracy

Hi All,

So how did everyone go with day one? I enjoyed my beef frittata and tomato for breakfast, tuna and salad for lunch, and chicken with a ton of veggies for dinner. I did have a few snacks during the day, ie some apple and watermelon with my son and a few handfuls of nuts. As I am currently breastfeeding my 5 month old I felt like I needed them, but will aim reduce the snacks as the month goes on. It's hard to know whether it is actually hunger, the sugar dragon or just habit.

I have been getting a bit inspired in the kitchen already though, and want to cook more natural food like this, it is so delicious! 

Archived