Starting on 1st September

Pedro Pinto

Started today and already discovered, I actually like black coffee! Amazing as I normally drink coffee with about 1/3 milk and two sweeteners. 

My boyfriend has decided to join me on the whole 30 which is great so we are planning together. Today I had omelette for breakfast with kale, have got tuna and avocado salad for lunch and lemon chicken in the slow cooker for dinner. Not looking forward to tomorrows carb flu though. 

I have previously done slimming world and lost about 3 stone. I'm not worried about cooking whole foods and meals won't be a big change (except meal 1!) but I eat so much fruit and fat free yoghurt normally that I think I will struggle without the sugar kick. 

I also struggle with acne and bad IBS, so I am hopeful to see improvements with that, and my general energy and health.

Good luck everyone!

Laura

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone, we're also starting today, woohoo! We've been 'practicing' for the last couple of weeks, since It Starts with Food arrived. I'm hoping the program is going to reprogram my immune system and relieve my inflammation issues. Fiorenzo is hoping to get rid of the acid reflux pills. I'll be posting every now and again on my blog http://www.fangoandmoksha.com/for-ordinary-people/whole30/ 

Good luck everyone, hope you all find what you are looking for,

Angelina

Hi all! Hope you can stand to have just one more! Today is September 1st, and I am so excited to be starting my Whole30. I wanted to start last week, but had a few "false starts" throughout the week. This is my day. I am sure of it, prepared, and raring to go. I am a stay at home mom of 3 little ones, under 6, and I have really neglected my own health, since they were born. My eating habits have become just awful. I graze all day, snack to the point of binging, at night, and I eat way too much processed food. I have always tried to eat a "healthy" diet, but it has always consisted of brown rice, whole wheat pasta, barley, quinoa, reduced fat dairy, and lots of "fat free" processed junk food. I am not overweight (though I would love to lose 5-10 pounds), but I feel awful. My digestion is terrible, I am prone to terrible breakouts,  I am tired, low energy, moody, and I have hormonal issues (I struggled with infertility). I know that this will help me. I need to start relying on REAL food, because I have been eating garbage, for years. 

Yesterday I cooked the Summer Squash and Meatball Casserole, from PaleOMG, and some chicken taco meat, for lettuce wraps. I froze it all in individual containers and froze them, so I can pull them our for future lunches or quick dinners. 

My goals for the end of the Whole30:

* Clean up my eating habits (healthy, real food meals (if any) snacks)

* drop a few pounds through healthy eating and exercise (nothing heavy)

* develop a healthier relationship with food

* get my family excited about eating real food

I'm sure I'll think of more!

My goals for TODAY (keeping it very simple):

* Follow the template

* No snacking

* No formal exercise (gym is closed for Labor Day, and it's raining), but remain active throughout the day

*Fill in my own meal template, so I know what I'm eating this week.

*Stay positive

*If I am hungry between meals, or feel like I haven't eaten enough, follow the template, and eat a fourth meal. NO snacks today!!

Have a great first day all, and congrats to the friends overseas, who are already onto day 2!!

Also, anyone use the app "twogrand?" It's a really fun way to log your meals!

For all those 1st time Whole30 people, you might want to keep a food log. It's really helpful down the track, especially if you're having any rough patches such as feeling hungry.

You can DO THIS! :D

If you haven't seen it, the Timeline can be quite handy, Don't panic if you don't match the days exactly, everyone is different. You'll know when you hit Kill All The Things ;)

http://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/

For all those 1st time Whole30 people, you might want to keep a food log. It's really helpful down the track, especially if you're having any rough patches such as feeling hungry.

I'm hungry already. I only finished lunch so I'm sure I'm not, but I have convinced myself I would eat fish and broccoli. I'd eat anything - but I always eat food that is in front of me, hungry or not, and I'm used to grazing all day long. Obviously, aiming to get out of this, but does anyone have any hunger beating tips? I have drank several pints of water and now am drinking herbal tea. 

Hi guys. Started today. First time doing Whole30. Nervous and excited. I am also training to run a half marathon at the end of October. I've run Half marathons before, but it's been three yrs and a baby since my last race. Trying to get back in shape and healthy post baby (she is already 15months). Does anyone know much about long distance running with the Whole30? I know I can run, just trying to figure out easy pre and post run food... And if there is anything I should/could eat during the long runs (instead of things like gels).

Thanks!

Hi Everyone

Today is also my 1st day on the Whole 30.  I spent last week preparing and had pizza as a last treat.  It's great to hear so many others are also doing this challenge too. 

Hope everyone has had a great day.  I've not been able to do black coffee but having coconut milk instead doesn't taste so bad. :)

Hi everyone! Good luck!

I started yesterday but figured this is the closest start date and I want to have some support as I do this.:)

I'm finding it very hard to eat breakfast, ensure that I have a variety of foods at every meal, and not snack.

Hopefully it gets easier... 

Remember to take your "before" pictures, measurements and weight today!

I don't have any decent stuff for my "before" pictures....haven't exposed my midriff in years!

So I might be going to Dick's Sporting Goods with my camera and take selfies in the dressing room!

When I'm thinner, I might actually buy the outfit! :D

Here we gooooo! After several failed attempts (my first w30 I made it to day 24!) I am going to prove that little doubting demon in my head WRONG! That voice that makes me feel like a failure, like I can't finish anything, that I'm not strong enough or worth it is dead f*cking wrong. Let's all show our little evil shoulder devils who's REALLY in control :D !!!!

I'll be starting tomorrow, Sept 2nd. I'm very excited to do this program...I've needed something like this for a while and can't wait to see what changes my body will make. Looking forward to more energy, less bloating, and feeling great! I just requested to be added to the sept 1st group on facebook! 

Hi everyone! I started Whole30 today and can't wait to see the results! This is my first time on the program. I lost 49 lbs a couple of years ago by eating clean and LOTS of exercise. I have more or less maintained since then but really need to lose 25 more and have plateaued. Hoping that Whole30 will get me back on track to move me towards my ultimate goal. I look forward to hearing advice, sharing our frustrations and giving support to those who are in the same boat!

Hey Everyone, how did day 1 go for you? We are renovating our house and don't have a kitchen (!) but I was able to cook at my mom's for breakfast and dinner and made lunch in an electric skillet. 

I am going to bed a little bit hungry, as I usually do in the first few days of a whole30. I'm also coming down with a cold, which makes a lot of food seem unappetizing. Fortunately I have everything I need to make chicken bone broth and zucchini noodle soup! 

This is my 3rd round and I'm doing it with my dad, who's hoping to heal his joint pain. I'd just like to lose some bloat and start feeling awesome again. 

Are you eating enough? Veggie soups can be quite filling. 

I love herbal tea, lemongrass and ginger is my favourite :) peppermint tea settles the stomach and is refreshing in a different way to other teas (for me).

Yeah I eat enormous portions, and have eaten every meal until I feel too full and probably still eaten. It's just a habitual thing.. I'm a bored grazer who normally snacks during the day constantly. I am missing my fruit, but I averaged about 10 portions a day pre whole 30... so I need to cut my sugar down! 

Hello everyone, 

Here we are on Day 2.

I came home from work last night to find my beautiful constant companion cat of 11 years had passed away. We buried her this morning, and I cried a lot. Never easy to lose a friend, and that relationship-without-language that we have with animals is so special.

It's what I find challenging about the Whole30 / Paleo thing. The eating of animal protein. I'm coming from 5 years of vegetarianism, and it's not easy for me to take the life of others for my own nutrition. But I'm committed to the program because whatever or however I have been eating - yes, cereals, grains, legumes - has, perhaps, not been helping, or has possibly caused, the inflammation, congestion, and the inability for my connective tissues to heal. And I'm willing to give it a go. Also because if it can keep me out the Doctor's waiting rooms and away from pharmaceuticals, all the better.

Best wishes Day 2,

A

Archived