Starting on August 18th

jlyons92

I am giving myself a week to plan for starting Whole30! My husband and I are going camping this weekend so I wanted to wait until we get home, and also so I will have time to clean out some items from the pantry and go grocery shopping. 

I am starting Whole30 for many reasons. I used to be MUCH more active in sports and working as a server, now I sit/stand at a desk for 40 hours a week and have been too tired to make it to the gym after work. I have also been eating out way too easily because I haven't made an effort to pack lunches. I have noticed that the way I have been eating has not only been affecting my weight, but also my mood and work ethic. Overall I just feel really drained and I think a lot of it has to do with the food I'm consuming.

Calorie counting is depressing too and has not helped at all. I also weigh myself much more than I should... so I'm excited for that to be over too! Having a place to go for support is also awesome, and I have friends who are doing this too! 

I'm starting on Monday 18th August too. I live in Scotland so may be on a different timeline from most in this group (6 - 7 hours ahead). I don't own bathroom scales so will 'just' have to go with the health benefits :) Looking forward to checking in with you!

I would love to join in with you all. I completed my first Whole30 (whole45) in July am ready to start a second one on the 18th. I had a lot of success the first time around and enjoyed so many benefits, but I have definitely had a hard time 'riding the bike without training wheels'. Looking forward to getting back on track and hopefully going 60 days this time!

Archived