birthday falls in my whole30...

My birthday is two weeks today, and I will be mid-whole30. Does anyone have any advice as to how to navigate this very food/treat-orientated day? Especially sans birthday cake  :o  :P

I would have a look at some blogs which have mostly Whole30 compliant recipes (like The Clothes Make the Girl, Nom nom paleo etc) and try and make a fancy 'project' recipe, for the centrepiece for your meal. Something like this: http://paleocomfortfoods.com/recipes/main-dishes/porchetta/

Or, you could plan a fun activity not centred around food!

My birthday is two weeks today, and I will be mid-whole30. Does anyone have any advice as to how to navigate this very food/treat-orientated day? Especially sans birthday cake  :o  :P

One thing to remember: you are the one who decided to do a whole30 during the month of your birthday. You are doing this for whatever reasons--maybe as a gift to yourself and your own health?--don't let other people's expectations for what you should to do on your birthday derail you. On this day of all days, people should respect your choices.

“If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”
–Warren Miller

Happy Birthday!!!

FSW,  Father's Day, 4th of July, both of my parents birthdays, their wedding anniversary, my wedding anniversary, my sisters birthdays have came and went during my  Whole time.

Birthday cake?  Meh.   

'I'm not telling you it's going to be easy - I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.' - Art Williams.

'You may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing there will be no result.' - Mahatma Gandhi.

'Many of life's failures are people who did not realise how close they were to success when they gave up.' - Thomas Edison.

You won't even miss it.  If someone will be highly insulted, put a piece on your plate.  Scrape the frosting off and use it for wall spackling material.   When it sets up, you can paint over it.

You'll be left with the crumbs which you can mush into a flat piece of tile for the floor.

When no on is looking, stomp on it outside and go throw it in the dumpster in a small grocery store sack or stuff it inside of a can.   You can do it.

I'd combine the two suggestions: arrange your favorite outdoor activity (for me it would be kayaking), and then arrange your favorite compliant meal (for me, perhaps skirt steak grilled with fresh herbs, guacamole with fresh herbs, lots of veggies grilled with fresh herbs, arugula with fresh herbs--summer is such a perfect time for lovely food!).

Mostly, have a wonderful time.

ooft! is there a recipe for that?!

FSW.....ahh, don't tell me, I know what those words are.   It Starts With Food!!!

I make a large pan of grilled vegetables just like that photo at least every two days.   I like them hot or cold.  Be creative, throw everything in there you can think of.   Variety is the spice of life.  

I am your very basic cook.   I cut them up, put in a large zippie with my "extra special" oil....shake and grill.   I prefer Macadamia Nut oil because it's wonderful for frying, marinades,  and salad dressings.   Coconut oil is a tad too much for my extra special grilled vege.

Don't leave that grill on high or they'll all burn up.   Turn to low and gently turn every so often.    Don't wear any hairspray  as you stand over the grill, your bangs will ignite.   I wear a long fireproof glove on each hand.

Safety First.

Leftovers are good cold.  If you throw them back in a skillet on the stove, they turn to mush.   Microwave...no.

Grilled Vege....The Antidote for whatever is ailing you.

Archived