Well Fed 1 or 2?

BeckyB

If you have the Amazon Kindle Unlimited you can read it for free.Also, keep an eye out for deals. I purchased Well Fed 2 and then saw a deal for Well Fed 1 for 0.99 cents on Amazon.com. I have also seen them for 1.99. I only like about 50% of the recipes in each book. The chocolate Chili was terrible but other people rave about it. I loved the fried sardines.

I'd go for Well Fed 2 only because Well Fed has been out for so long that a lot of the recipes are on her web site already. She has some from WF2 on there, but not nearly as many. That said, I'd definitely recommend getting both whenever your budget allows! The non-recipe information in there is great.

I would have a look at the contents pages for both books and see what you fancy. I bought Well Fed 2 as soon as it came out and liked it so much that I considered buying the Well Fed. On browsing the contents page in more detail, I realised that more of the recipes and suggestions in WF2 were to my taste. I'm already looking forward to her third book though!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I love them both equally.   2 is a bit more complex and maybe a bit more adventurous in both technique & flavour combos whereas I feel like 1 might be more for beginners (hot plates, cold plates, more basic seasonings, not as exotic sauces).

I would highly recommend them both if it eventually fits your budget...but you can't go wrong with doing eeny-meeny-money-mo and grabbing whichever one wins!

Archived