Day 3.... Still feeling the same as Day 0.... Anyone else?

Hi, I'm feeling a little bewildered.... I have a history of poor diet, (skipping meals, stress eating etc), high stress.... Particularly in the last year or so. The last few months I've had a huge crappy food binge - lots of carbs and sugar.. with alcohol every night or two and excessive alcohol once every week or two. So... By all accounts I should be feeling the full force of withdrawal on day three... Right?

I have stuck to plan, although I think I've over indulged in the fats a little too much, especially ghee! I also have a history of sugar and carb cravings and excessive consumption of these... But no problems so far. I am also 16kg overweight and my body fat is 48%! I'm wondering what I am doing wrong? Or why I'm still feeling fine?

I am not working much at the moment and am still trying to stick to my naturopathic regime which involves large amounts of fish oil, multivitamins, adrenal support, antioxidants etc. this might be helping? See the picture attached below. I would really appreciate some advice about this. Has anyone else experienced this? Am I doing something wrong?

My naturopath told me just 3 weeks ago that I am so full of toxins at the moment from my lifestyle and that my cells are a mess! My doctor has told me that at 37, after ten years of blood pressure medication, that it's just not working and I simply must loose weight and improve my lifestyle to lower my blood pressure as she is worried about future complications.

I also suffer from Graves Disease, (update 23rd August: Actually its Hashimotos thyroiditis; FINALLY confirmed last week after 8 years - and what I always suspected!)  although I think my thyroid goes up and down, pcos and suspected endometriosis.

I am determined to get healthy, no matter what.

If someone in the know can advise me I would really appreciate it! Thanks!post-50431-0-80423500-1408009406_thumb.j

A post I wrote elsewhere yesterday.. But no replies yet.

Im at the end of day two... Have been binging on sugar, Alcohol, cigarettes and junk food for 3 months.. Put on 8kg in that time. Now at the end of day two I still have NO symptoms, cravings, I'll effects etc. why? I feel like it's not working because I feel fine! Can anyone advise me as to what is going on with my body?

Perhaps its too early for you... If your liver was probably overworked and sluggish, its going to take some time for it to kick into gear and start detoxing. I'm on day14, I've been feeling good, a few headaches initially then back into exercise starting week 2 then today, wow, so tired... Reached the point of having exhausted my glycogen reserves but not yet efficient enough at fat burning to keep up with the energy demands. I detoxed off alcohol the month before. My first whole30 a year ago I hit the wall day 12 to 16!

Enjoy it!

Great, thank you for your input! I was wondering if it might be something like that but nothing has been mentioned in the daily emails or the book... Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Yes... My liver has never been good... Pumped with antibiotics as a newborn and jaundice too, the rest you slready know. I guess I probably won't loose much weight till my liver kicks in either. Looking forward to feeling crappy because then I will know it's working! :)

Perhaps its too early for you... If your liver was probably overworked and sluggish, its going to take some time for it to kick into gear and start detoxing. I'm on day14, I've been feeling good, a few headaches initially then back into exercise starting week 2 then today, wow, so tired... Reached the point of having exhausted my glycogen reserves but not yet efficient enough at fat burning to keep up with the energy demands. I detoxed off alcohol the month before. My first whole30 a year ago I hit the wall day 12 to 16!

Enjoy it!

Hi There!

I too was diagnosed with liver issues by 2 chinese medicine naturopathic doctors.  I've hormonal issues most of my teen/adult life (basically since I hit puberty), severe monthly migraines for at least 12 years prior to my first whole 30 (I felt crappy 10 days out of every month). I was starting to borderline on HBP.  I was pretty sure I was suffering from depression too, but never had it properly diagnosed as I didn't want to go on meds. I too had pretty bad weight issues. 

My first whole 30 (2 years ago now) I never really had the carb flu thing either.  But I was tired.  All. the. time.  I finally started feeling better on day 22.  But at that point I noticed I was way behind the timeline - like 10 days behind.  So I added 15 days and made it a whole 45.  In the next 9 months after my first one I stayed paleo/whole 30 and I managed to finally get my hormones in a happy well balanced place.

The key for me was finding a balance with my starchy carb veggies.  They helped balance me out quite a bit.  I no longer get bouts of PMS - but I do have to increase my food intake prior to my period.  Basically I become a walking stomach.

I have noted that a magnesium supplement (Natural Calm) has helped greatly with bringing my blood pressure down to a good point.  And it helps you sleep too.  Also another huge factor.  Proper sleeping patterns will help you with the weight loss.

Thank you so much for your input... It means a lot to me... Today and yesterday I have been unusually teary..... I think this is detoxing my emotions too.... Still on plan although I don't think I've had enough veges today... My goal for this whole30 is to get off my blood pressure pills! I realise it may take a few months but I'm determined to stay whole30 until I can safely go off them :)

So that's a good start :)

Hi There!

I too was diagnosed with liver issues by 2 chinese medicine naturopathic doctors.  I've hormonal issues most of my teen/adult life (basically since I hit puberty), severe monthly migraines for at least 12 years prior to my first whole 30 (I felt crappy 10 days out of every month). I was starting to borderline on HBP.  I was pretty sure I was suffering from depression too, but never had it properly diagnosed as I didn't want to go on meds. I too had pretty bad weight issues. 

My first whole 30 (2 years ago now) I never really had the carb flu thing either.  But I was tired.  All. the. time.  I finally started feeling better on day 22.  But at that point I noticed I was way behind the timeline - like 10 days behind.  So I added 15 days and made it a whole 45.  In the next 9 months after my first one I stayed paleo/whole 30 and I managed to finally get my hormones in a happy well balanced place.

The key for me was finding a balance with my starchy carb veggies.  They helped balance me out quite a bit.  I no longer get bouts of PMS - but I do have to increase my food intake prior to my period.  Basically I become a walking stomach.

I have noted that a magnesium supplement (Natural Calm) has helped greatly with bringing my blood pressure down to a good point.  And it helps you sleep too.  Also another huge factor.  Proper sleeping patterns will help you with the weight loss.

Archived