Day 8 -- Restaurant food and feel like crap

tru63

Hi there,

Day 8 on Whole30 ... I ate dinner out with friends last night -- nice Greek restaurant. Had a part of a veggie skewer, chicken skewer and beet salad (no wine). During dinner my eyes started to feel weird and by the time I got home I had a scorching headache.

Today has been worse than a hangover. Headache, heavy eyes, fullness around my throat /jaw area and upset stomach. Slept for two+ hours.....still feeling weird and miserable this afternoon. I thought the skewers would be a good call, but now realize I have no idea what they are marinated in.

Anyone experience anything like this? Thoughts?

Thanks.

Aside from the marinade, there is a chance the grill had some sort of non-compliant oil.

Do you happen to have any bone broth?  It is a good start for healing.

Sounds like you might have that crummy summer flu bug that everyone is complaining about.  It's everywhere.

The only other thing I can think of is a touch of food poisoning from the chicken skewer.  If those babies aren't cooked well on the part touching the stick...not cooked enough.   If it goes away in 24 hours,  you'll know.

Thanks for your replies...

Friday morning and I still don't feel 100%, so maybe it is a bug. Looking forward to feeling better....still holding to Whole30 but really don't feel like eating anything at all. And I go back to work today! :(

Archived