Whole60: Stomach issues and tired

TracyP

Ok... This is like my 3rd or 4th Whole(something)... for the most part it has not been difficult... however I am seeing some issues I have never seen before:

1. I am very tired (no tiger blood at all and I am on day 34!)

2. Today I am experiencing my 2nd bout with basically liquid bowel movements (sorry for the grossness!)

3. I am not losing weight really (down 4 lbs and clothes are tiny tiny bit looser... measurements will be taken next week)

This weeks meals

Breakfasts: Frittata with zuchini, mushrooms, herbs, chicken apple sausage from Aidell's

Brocolli beef with Caulirice (recipe from Paleo Magazines new cookbook...)

Harissa chicken with beet noodles (Mina Green Harissa)

Grilled Salmon, carrot Puree, Chinese brocoli

Laab (minced pork, mint, cilantro, radishes, spring onion, lemongrass, cherry tomatoes, avocado

I've also had coffee and coconut milk and la croix

Thoughts on what might be the problem here... my BF and I are doing it together and he has not had the stomache issues but is also not losing weight. 

• Moderators

Weighing yourself makes fat afraid and it holds on more tightly. That is the real reason we ask you not to weigh yourself during a Whole30. Stop scaring your fat and it will quit holding on so tightly. 

The composition of your meals look good with one exception. They are low carb. That might explain your tiredness as starchy veggies are important to energy levels for many people. You should add a serving of something like potatoes, rutabagas, or plantains each day.

Are you following the meal template regarding meal timing and portion sizes? It often helps me to see pictures of meals because my idea of filling a plate with veggies and your idea may be different. 

Bowel issues come and go for me. I take an OTC med when things get bad and I get better quickly. I've basically stopped worrying about it. 

Are you getting 8 hours of sleep per night? Getting good sleep is critically important to losing fat. I did not start losing weight until I started sleeping better.

Weighing yourself makes fat afraid and it holds on more tightly. That is the real reason we ask you not to weigh yourself during a Whole30. Stop scaring your fat and it will quit holding on so tightly. 

Best explanation I've heard so far :)

Archived