PaleoViki Food Log

Guest PaleoViki

Guest PaleoViki

8/15/14 Breakfast 

2 whole large eggs, 2 cups shredded summer squash, 1/2 cup green onions, 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil, 1 large tomato,  double espresso with 1 tablespoon of frozen apple juice concentrate.  Did not work out this morning.  Day off.

Lunch:  3 ounces of Lamb roast and 1/2 a large avocado with salt.  :)  No time for lunch today, too busy! 

Dinner:  Stirfry:  Chicken, broccoli, mushrooms, asparagus, onion and garlic, coconut oil and salt.  Yum!!!!

Guest PaleoViki

8/16/14 Breakfast 

2 whole large eggs, 2 cups shredded summer squash, 1/2 cup green onions, 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil, 1 large tomato,  double espresso with 1 tablespoon of frozen apple juice concentrate.  Did not work out this morning.  Resting sore meniscus.  

Lunch:  3 ounces of Lamb roast, 1 cup jicama, left over stir fry vegies and coconut aminios.  

Dinner:  5 ounces of Tri-tip steak, 1 cup boiled potatoes, tomato and cucumber with h/m dressing (rice vinegar, evoo, dill, s&p).

Guest PaleoViki

8/17/14

Pre-work-out:  1 hard boiled egg

Post work-out:  3 Egg whites, 1 cup sweet potatoes.

Breakfast:  Lamb roast 2 ounces, 2 large tomatoes.

Lunch:  Almonds & Carrots.  We were out with friends and skipped lunch. (I ate what I could.  Will have to be better prepared next time.)

Dinner:  Chicken breast, broccoli, mushrooms, coconut aminos & evoo.

Guest PaleoViki

8/18/14

Breakfast:  2 large eggs, 1 cup summer squash, 1/2 cup green onions, 2 double shots espresso with 3/4 cup coconut milk unsweetened.

Lunch:  3 ounces of steak, 1 cup Jicima, 1/2 avocado, green tea. 

Dinner:  Medium shrimp, 2 cups asparagus, homemade pesto sauce and 1 cup of carrots.  Yummy!!!!!   :P

Howdy Viki!  I've been able to keep up with your log. :D  Nice to see you having a good Whole30! :wub:

Something to consider as you continue your success:  we ask folks to measure protein like this: look at the palm of your hand.  Then make your protein portion one-two portions of that size.  Then do a thumb-size or more (as much as desired for satiety) of fat.  Then fill your plate with veggies (this can be 2-3 cups).  When it comes to eggs, the idea is how many eggs can you hold in your hand?  For many women that's three.  If eggs are your only source of protein, that's how many eggs would constitute a serving.

Your meals look good, so happy eating!

Guest PaleoViki

Howdy Viki!  I've been able to keep up with your log. :D  Nice to see you having a good Whole30! :wub:

Something to consider as you continue your success:  we ask folks to measure protein like this: look at the palm of your hand.  Then make your protein portion one-two portions of that size.  Then do a thumb-size or more (as much as desired for satiety) of fat.  Then fill your plate with veggies (this can be 2-3 cups).  When it comes to eggs, the idea is how many eggs can you hold in your hand?  For many women that's three.  If eggs are your only source of protein, that's how many eggs would constitute a serving.

Your meals look good, so happy eating!

Thanks Amy!  I really appreciate your help!  :)  I have already dropped a size in clothes and am fitting into stuff I haven't worn for over two years!  Gosh it feels so good!   :D

Guest PaleoViki

8/19/14 Tuesday!

Breakfast:  3 whole large eggs, 2 medium tomatoes and basil fresh from the garden.  Espresso with 3/4 cup Coconut milk, no sugar.

Lunch:  4 ounces Chicken breast, 2 cups broccoli, 2 cups mushrooms stirfried with evoo and coconut aminos.  1/2 avocado.  yum!

Dinner:  4 ounces Chicken breast with homemade mexican tomato sauce on top.  3 tomatoes, 2 jalipino peppers, 3 banana peppers, homemade guacamole, 1 fresh whole cucumber.  Handful of shredded coconut.

Today I feel really hungry at 3:30 and also just kinda tired.  no energy.  blah!!!  I guess I'd better make a pot of green tea in the morning and drink it all day long.  Also seem to be holding on to my #2.  I pee all the time.  ????  I am getting lots of vegies?  Maybe I will have an apple at breakfast.  I haven't had fruit in days.  

Guest PaleoViki

8/20/14 Wednesday - Half way there!

Breakfast:  3 large eggs with leftover mexi-tomato sauce, 1/2 Fuji apple, double espresso w/ coconut milk.

Lunch: 2 ounces Grilled chicken, guacamole, 1 large boiled egg, 1 cup boiled russet potato's, 1/2 cucumbers, 1/2 Red pepper.  Green tea. 

Dinner:  4 ounces of tilipia, 1 cup sweet potato, 4 cups salad with balsamic vinegar and evoo.

Today after lunch I was not hungry until 6:00 p.m.  My #2 problem has resolved its self  :) 

Guest PaleoViki

8/21/14 Thursday

4:45  a.m. - Pre-workout - 1 large egg

5:45 a.m. - Post-workout - 2 large egg whites, 3/4 cup sweet potato.

6:30 a.m. - Breakfast - not hungry.  1 large egg white, 1/4 cup coconut shredded, 10 hazelnuts, 1 lara bar (Cherry pie), double espresso with coconut milk.

I did my P-90X Shoulders and arms this morning.  I haven't worked out since Sunday because I have early week at work.  I work 7:30 - 4:00.  I was supposed to work out after work but I didn't.  So today I got up at 4:45 a.m. to get in my second weight training workout this week and then I can do my third on Saturday, my day off.  Sleep in!  :D

Lunch:  4 ounces Salmon, 1/2 avocado, 2 cups jicama.  Green tea! 

Wasn't even hungry until 11:45.  Yeah!

Dinner:  Tuna Salad with homemade paleo mayo and Greek olives.  :) 

Finally bought an immersion blender.  Yeah!

Guest PaleoViki

8/22/14 Friday

Breakfast:  3 large scrambled eggs with spinach and green onions.  1 medium tomato, espresso & coconut milk.  (miss my coconut crystals)

Lunch:  Big salad with chicken, lettuce, strawberries etc.  no dressing.

Dinner:  Homemade Roast Beef, russet potatoes, carrots, squash, garlic, balsamic vinegar.  Super icy lime water. (miss wine)  :)

Guest PaleoViki

8/23/14 Saturday

7:00  a.m. - Pre-workout - 1 large egg

8:30 a.m. - Post-workout - 3 large egg whites, 3/4 cup sweet potato, 1 tsp coconut oil.  I didn't have boiled eggs so I had to fry them.

P-90X Legs and back this morning and then a nice 40 minute walk.  It was really cool out this morning and it felt great!  :)

9:30ish a.m. - Breakfast -  3 eggs, shredded squash, 1 Lara bar (Pecan pie), double espresso with coconut milk.  I WAS hungry today!!!!

Guest PaleoViki

8/24/14 Sunday - Went to sleep with Migrain and work up with it!!!

Breakfast:  2 Eggs, peppers, green onions, shredded squash, espresso & coco milk.

Lunch:  Steak, yam, peach.

Dinner:  Steak, sweet potato and green beans!

Love the way I can "feel" my waist.  :)  Happy girl!

Guest PaleoViki

8/25/14 Crazy Monday                  P-90X Shoulders and back.

Pre-w/o:  1 whole egg.

NO post-w/o

Breakfast:  3 eggs, shredded squash and a peach!  Yum!

Lunch:  Steak, homemade coleslaw - 2 cups.  Very nice.  :)

Dinner:  Ground Turkey - Taco Salad, Lara bar.

Guest PaleoViki

8/26/14  No workout

Breakfast:  2 Eggs and ground taco meat scrambled,  peach, espresso and coco milk.

Lunch:  Steak, coleslaw and an apple.

Dinner:  Greek Turkey patties, fresh tomato and cucumber dill salad & a peach.

Guest PaleoViki

August 27    1st W30, Day 24

Breakfast:  2 eggs,  1 greek patty and 1 cup of sweet potato, espresso.

Lunch:  Roast beef - 4 ounces, 1/2 avocado and 2 cups of jicama.

dinner:  Greek patties, russet potato & peach.

Walked 6 miles, 2 hours before dinner.  I ate 1 large egg before.

Guest PaleoViki

August 28,  1st W30, Day 25  :)

Breakfast:  3 eggs, sweet potato & peach.

Lunch:  Tuna, coleslaw, 1/2 avocado.

Dinner:  Top Sirloin 4 ounces, russet potato baked, peach.

Walked 6 miles before dinner (2 hours).  I ate 1 large egg before.

Guest PaleoViki

August 29, 1st W30, Day 26  :)

Breakfast:  3 eggs, sweet potato & peach.

Lunch:  Greek patties, 1/2 avocado, coleslaw.

Dinner:

Walk:  30 minutes on my lunch hour. 

Viki,

Your meals sound great and filling. And happy to hear you're seeing results - that's always motivating. Enjoying readingyour log - I'm starting my first Whole30 on Wednesday of next week and you've given me good ideas for how I can keep things a little easier/more simple and still get a filling meal! :)

Keep it up!

Emily

Guest PaleoViki

August 30, 2014  1st W30, day 27  --- P-90X Legs and Back

Pre-w/o:  1 whole egg.

Post w/o:  2 egg whites and 1 cup sweet potato.

Breakfast:  3 large eggs scrambled with 3 cups grated summer squash fresh from the garden, espresso with coco milk & cantaloupe.  

Lunch:  1 Egg with ground turkey taco meat, sweet potato and whole medium red pepper.

Dinner:  NomNom Paleo Crispy Smashed Chicken, homemade olive garden bruchetta w/o bread - YUM!!!! and green melon.

Guest PaleoViki

Sept. 1st, day 30.  Can't wait for Peanut butter tomorrow!  Hope my body doesn't reject it.  ??

Walked 1 mile to the gym, did my P-90X Chest and back (pushups & pullups) and walked home.  Dug weeds outside after Post w/o.  

Pre w/o:  1 Egg

Post w/o:  3 egg whites & 1 cup sweet potato.

Breakfast:  Chicken Breast, tomato's, basil, garlic, balsamic & honey dew.

Dinner:  Halibut, Big Salad with v/o and peach.

Guest PaleoViki

September 2nd, day 31

Breakfast:  3 eggs, 2 cups shredded yellow squash, 3 celery sticks with peanut butter, espresso with cocomilk.

Lunch:  chicken sausage link, jicama with humas.  I had a HUGH craving for a REAL COKE.  Weird.  

Dinner:  Steak, sweet potato, more celery with peanut butter and a peach.  I didn't want to open a can of beans just for 1/2 cup of beans with dinner.  very full!

Walked 2 hours/6 miles.  :)

Guest PaleoViki

Sept 3, Day 32

Yesterday the only thing I noticed different was that at lunch I was ready to KILL for a REAL COKE.  full sugar.  I think that it was the Jiff creamy peanut butter.  The first thing I noticed at breakfast was how SWEET it was.  I would have never thought it was sweet before this W30.  I really couldn't tell there was sugar in it before.  It tastes really sweet now.  I think it caused me to WANT more sugar at lunch.  I couldn't tell any difference with the humas at lunch and since I walked two hours after working all day and then ate dinner, took a shower and went to bed I didn't notice anything.  I slept good but the walk does that.  :)

Regular W30 meals today and tomorrow.  V

Archived