Digestive enzymes….Making it worse!

joobie73

I started taking digestive enzymes and I actually feel worse!  My stomach is even more bloated and when I am done eating my stomach gurgles for hours.  Is this a normal adjustment to the enzymes or should I not be taking them?  I don't have a gallbladder and I haven't since 1999 and I never really had to make any adjustment because of not having it.  yet, now I read all this stuff online about supplements you have to take if you don't have one and things you shouldn't eat.  is there a special digestive enzyme when you don't have a gallbladder?

I picked mine up at choices and the lady was super helpful and did recommend this one for not having a gallbladder.  She also said I should notice a chance pretty quickly…….

If you are consuming animal fats, ox bile is sometimes helpful for those without a gallbladder.

What brand did you get and what are the ingredients?  I have had a hard time finding one that doesn't have sulfites.  They aren't allowed on the program and do seem to really bother my belly.

Also consider the fact that your symptoms are getting worse because you aren't getting better.  (For example, if you are constipated it wwill get worse until you start going.)

Finally, look into HCl instead of enzymes, or in addition.  Also, consider a magnesium supplement, if you aren't taking one.  And, make sure to get live foods like raw sauerkraut, kimchi, and kombucha...but start slowly.

Archived