AIP Condiments

Deb.

Any AIP-ers (Auto Immune Protocol) out there I would love this to be a gathering place for our favorite condiment recipes - that includes mayo, ketchup, dressings, seasoned salts, any other saucy sassy things that you're adding to your main dishes to make them even more delicious. 

I'll get the ball rolling with this bbq sauce - it is consistently awesome and I have subbed in blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and combinations thereof for the cherries. During W30 I make it without the maple syrup (I used blueberries and raspberries) and it is just as good. 

I think the ACV and the smoked salt are critical flavor components. I like shallots instead of onions. 

ENJOY!

AIP Nightshade Free BBQ Sauce 

http://autoimmune-paleo.com/nightshade-free-cherry-bbq-sauce/

I found this from Vian way down in the recipes and thought I would repost it here:

AIP CAESAR DRESSING!

I was craving a caesar salad, but was having a hard time thinking of how to make the dressing. I usually use a grainy mustard in my caesar dressing, and lots of black pepper, but both of those are out for the time being. So I found a recipe for avocado caesar dressing and modified it for AIP. It turned out pretty delicious. I still miss the pepper, and I think I should have used more anchovy, but I ran out.

1 avocado

juice of 1/2 lemon (or more to taste)

3-4 cloves garlic

pinch of salt

1 tbs. anchovy paste, or 4-5 anchovy fillets in oil

a drizzle of oil - I didn't measure, but about 2-3 tbs. (I used avocado oil, but olive oil is more traditional)

Put everything in a food processor and blend until smooth. For regular whole30, you can add black pepper if you like.

I found some ones which look good on FeedMeRachel (link below)

No link, you have to hyperlink to some characters. This is odd but this is how it seems to work now. 

Nadia B, SO MANY GOOD RECIPES dude the butter! I am so making that today!!! Thanks for posting. 

Did you make the "butter"? I am curious. 

• 3 weeks later...

This is a great mayo recipe I've found:

http://empoweredsustenance.com/egg-free-mayonnaise-recipe/

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup coconut butter (also called coconut manna or coconut concentrate), slightly warmed. Find coconut butter here or learn how to make it by blending coconut flakes in a food processor here.
  • 1/2 cup warm filtered water
  • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 3-4 cloves garlic
  • 1/4 teaspoon unrefined salt

Instructions

1. Place the coconut concentrate, warm water, olive oil, garlic cloves and salt in a blender and blend on high for a minute or two, until the sauce thickens. Let cool for an hour at room temperature – alternately, you can place it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. If you would like to use the sauce in a cold dish, thin with water until the desired consistency is reached.

Notes

This keeps well in the refrigerator, but it hardens. Let come to room-temperature or warm gently before using.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived