4Wainmans

Hello all - I know my journey is different from everyone else's, but I need to whine a bit. I'm bored with this!! All I want are things that are totally off plan - pizza (PIZZA!), muffins, a bowl of frosted flakes and milk. I have an incredible sweet tooth and another for carbs and I'm so sad to think that I won't be able to have those things any longer. :( I'm seeing a bit of change in my body, and clicking on the link at the bottom of the newsletter every night that I completed the day are encouragement to me. I just want to know when I will stop mourning the things I can't have and appreciate what is changing about my body. Help me please! Thanks!

Maybe if you think about just not having these for the next 16 days instead of never. Once you are done with the whole30 and reintros you can decide for yourself what you want to eat.

One thing that may help is that your taste buds will change so your favorite things may no longer be your favorite things when you are done. Hang in there, you can do it!

Here's a related article from Melissa that has some helpful tips on boredom and dealing with cravings: http://whole30.com/2014/01/dear-melissa-pulling-whole30-stall/

Agreed with Tina's point: pizza, muffins, frosted flakes and milk are not leaving the planet in 16 days.  Give yourself the gift of completing a Whole30, then doing a controlled reintroduction, and then decide how you want to ride your bike going forward.

Hang in there: one day at a time!  And remind yourself of all the reasons why you chose to do a Whole30 in the first place, to help keep you motivated.

Archived