Day 7, first whole30.

chrissie

Hello, Amy, enjoy your freedom foods.  Your mom has done so well; it is interesting how she reacted to the overdose of food! 

Tina, how did you resist the pizza?   That was cruel putting it right by you :)!

Yesterday, day 1 of the 7 reset, I probably did not have enough to eat.... no I know  I didn't,  and after I checked in here I had a kitchen moment when the desire for bread and cheese and crisps loomed large.  A sneaky part of my brain was whispering that I could make whatever choices I wanted, but I am obviously developing a split personality as another part chimed in that returning to my old habits would do me no favours.  Thankfully I had a well stocked fridge and grabbed a boiled egg with some salt pepper and mayo and that did the trick in shutting up sneaky-sides  ;).  I went to bed satisfied.

The weather is cool and misty, I am having lots of pleasure making stock to make soups, I used to buy stock cubes until I actually looked at what went in to them!  I'm helping out with child-care tomorrow, so today I shall do some housework, and tidy the garden... now if our gardens are your yards, and our yards are just concrete spaces behind a property... what are gardens to you people across the water?

Off to whisk eggs for breakfast with the nutritional yeast.   Tina, it's a deactivated yeast product that is mega full of vitamins and has a nice taste, too.  I think it is W30 compliant as long a you use it just to season foods.   I like it better than dairy cheese now, as long as I am not in craving mode!!! 

Have good days everyone :)

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope you were able to hang in there Tina. I feel your pain. Pizza is our favorite food.  We used to eat it once a week then cut it down to every two weeks. Before w30 it was one a month.

I am curious how the latte tasted to you Amy since that was one of my downfalls.

Good for your mom and what she accomplished over the last two years. Protein shakes is one thing I want to add in right away.  That's one reason I figured dairy would be the first thing I would introduce. I am going to use a little stevia but no sugar ever I hope, other then the tiny amounts like in bacon or salt. 

No doughnuts, cakes, pies or cookies.  When I see my husband eating something like that I think yum that looks good but soon forget about it after it's gone.

Food  m1 was swp hash spinich and fried egg. Had a nice chicken sald and olives for lunch  Dinner was a big Buffalo chicken salad.  It was so good with lots of veggies and losts of buffalo chicken.

Chrissie just saw your post after I posted. Gardens here are beds of flowers and bushes. Or we may have a vegetable garden. I only have luck with a few flowers and tomato plants.  I have a problem with bugs eating the leaves.

How do you make your soup stock.  I have made bone broth, but don't have enough bones to keep up.  Before whole 30 I would buy chicken or beef broth for soup, but home made would be better.

I am looking forward to getting the reintro directions in the e-mail tomorrow.

Day 31! I am down 6 pounds and 3% body fat. I am only down 11 pounds since November of last year (my son was born in Sept) so 6 pounds in a month is a lot for me! If I lose 5 more pounds I'll be at my goal. It felt like I was stuck at that number for so long, and it feels wonderful to be heading in the right direction!

I sipped my pumpkin latte this morning and enjoyed the first half. Towards the end it got too sickly sweet so I brewed some more coffee to mix with it. I plan on savoring every last drop! Stayed on my normal breakfast of eggs and hash browns, and I'm going to make that chili in a bit. It's cool and misty here as well (Chrissie, I just made the connection that I live in "New England"- and sounds like we are both having dreary weather today!)

A garden is a bed of assorted flowers or a plot of planted vegetables. A yard includes all the flowers, shrubs, trees and grass on a property. So we say "I have a ton of yard work to do this weekend," or "I'll be planting a garden in my yard". Haha!

good morning !

I have 2 girls -20yr old (married, w/ 3yr son) and my 13 yr old.  Both of them have been great !  They know that I want to be as healthy as I can.  However the 13 yr is feeling like I am forcing her - even though she has plenty of "her food choices"  and I have told her to give me a list of what she 'feels' she needs to have in stock. They both have very good eating habits - we ALWAYS sat down for dinner, always had a meat/starch/veg. Dessert was NEVER part of the meal.  It was something special and rare.   They both had to try the food, if they thought they wouldn't like.  they both like foods like sweet potatoes, squash, game meat. So we have a good food background.

The pizza party went on with out me - after 1pm it starting to smell NOT so good - and after I ate my wonderful lunch - I was all good to go !!

My dad's bday party is sunday -  I know we are doing grilled food...  however my mom will make lots of different types of salads  ie  potato salad, broccoli slaw,

fruit salad, corn    So instead of even talking about this w30 (not because I'm embarrassed - just less fuss for mom )  I am going to bring roasted veggies.  She loves them when I bring them for thanksgiving... so that way I will have 'my food' and no one is the wiser.   and I will feign STUFFED and by pass dessert. (which will be hard - she makes AWESOME desserts)

My acid reflux has reared its ugly head the last few days -  was mostly at night and not too bad. Then yesterday it hit after lunch.  I'm not sure what might be causing it.  I can only think that I have increased the coconut oil greatly and maybe that it is doing it ?    Or maybe spices ?   Oh  maybe the tomato sauce in the shephards pie. ??  I ate that the Sunday night  and for lunch.    I'm guess it is the tomato sauce.

Chrissie - we have yards here !  with grass  ( or weeds !)   I lived in Maine where they called the front part of the "yard"  - a door yard.  !!  it is funny how things have totally different meaning.   Typically there is a patio (cement) in the back of homes for lawn chairs grills ...

T

The emails are from whole 30. I think the 2 week one was whole 9 I get those also but it seems it has been a while.  You have to pay for the daily ones. They started on day one and continue to day 30.  They tell you what to expect on certain days and give encouragement . They may suggest another web site to read or give you helpful tips.  There are only a handful that I feel may have helped a little or that I found interesting.  It isn't something you really need.

You and Amy have done great without it.

You and Chrissie have had a lot of temptations.  I think it's easier like Amy and I to be home doing our own thing. Yes we still may see our husbands eating something we want but there is no pressure and it isn't like everybody but you gets this yummy stuff. That by the way is ruining there health.

I looked for those potatoes and Whole foods carries them.  They were out of stock and the guy said they order them but have not been getting them.

They had other types of potatoes in that brand so I thought that was odd.  I must have looked disappointed because he gave me a free bag of another brand of hash browns. The ingredients are just organic potatoes. I don't know if the other stuff in yours would make a difference in the taste.

Good job  on the weight loss Amy.  That's part of that last 10 pounds that is so hard to lose. Your not that big so 6 lbs makes a difference. You will probably lose the last five just doing w30 once a month like you planned.

This week has been in the 90's and mid 80's here.

Dang it just dawned on me I forgot to buy yogurt for my dairy tomorrow. Guess I didn't want it very badly or I wouldn't have forgotten.

Donna, I threw the bag away this morning, but I believe the hash browns had potatoes, onion powder, white pepper powder, and maybe garlic and salt? You could add a little of your own seasoning and they would probably taste almost the same. I buy them in the regular grocery store, and I've seen them at Whole Foods.

Today has been a little rough. I found myself anxious at meal times because I didn't have anything perfectly Whole 30 planned, even though I had a big pot of chili on the stove and plenty of fruits, veggies and nuts. I think I drank a little too much coffee and I was feeling jittery and overly hungry by 4:30. At lunch I had chili plain, but for dinner I made some rice and ate it with that. And I had some chocolate. Yikes. Now I'd love a glass of wine- something I always crave when my husband is gone and I'm feeling sorry for myself. Not a good habit.

Here's to hoping tomorrow is better. Chrissie- I was thinking of you today- in my family we call needless shopping "retail therapy." I'm a big fan :). I could use a little retail therapy myself this week, but it's kind of hard to do that when I don't have a job!!

Amy did you feel ok after the beans in the chili?  That's great if you did.  Did you ever say why you were doing the whole 30?  Was it just to eat healthy or were there health reasons? (not asking what health reasons)

I am disappointed. I got the results from that blood test I had a while back. Sept 2nd. The ldl was still high106 and I had hoped the diet would have improved the numbers. Hdl was 65 triglyceride good at 66.  Was I expecting to much to expect there to be a difference that quickly.   I don't want to lose confidence that the food plan is healthy.  Even with all the fat in coconut oil and other fats that are compliant. :unsure:

I agree on the retail therapy. I think we did good and could use a little reward.  When you lose weight you want to get something that you feel looks good on you.

I made Thai basil beef from Well Fed and it was very good.

I went to the gym so stopped on the way home and picked up yogurt.

Hello ladies,       Day 3 of W7 and tummy rumbles are only just subsiding, yesterday Plantar Fascitis flared again... It's just not worth adding wheat back in my opinion.    Donna, shame you forgot your yoghurt, you'll have to go back out!   ----- Oh you've just added another post, and you've got it.  I hope you enjoy it!   Welcome to the world of add-back!   Amy, I get your anxiety at meal times, leaving 'the rules' is a big step!  And not having your husband or family around adds to the pressure you are under.  Well done on achieving loss of baby-weight.    It is only recently in my life that I have been able to take retail therapy, its a bit of a buzz, maybe it will be a replacement for worthless food, ha-ha :).    Tina, I have weeds in my 'yard' too!  I think your plan for coping with your Dads' birthday sounds really good, and I'm glad you were strong and avoided the pizza.   It's very empowering when you do something like that.   I hope your reflux subsides, sounds as though the tomatoes were a bit acidic.    This morning I have to go to a meeting with my husband, it's with other people who have dystonia, so I'm going to take the 'grain brain' book along and spread the word!  Then I'm picking up my eldest grandson as his mummy and daddy have a hospital appointment.  He is nearly 4, and full of beans so that'll keep me on my toes!   I've had my eggs for brekkies, there is a pan of chunky veg soup for lunch, with home cooked gammon, and dinner is going to be fried fish, with a cauli, broccoli and potato hash type thing.     Donna, I don't always get bones for broth either, but I save all my cooking juices from meats, add what I may have boiled root veg in with seasoning, then boil it till it reduces and the flavour intensifies.  I'm kind of doing what the Chinese do with master stock I believe; have a bit left over and add more to it, remembering  to boil it well and cool it quickly.    

Donna, somewhere on the website it does say that some conditions take longer to respond to eating healthily.  If you feel well, don't loose heart with your lab results.   We have a chef here who has discovered his cholesterol is high and he's just brought out a cookbook that is wheat and dairy free.  I may look at that.  I bought a magazine yesterday promising gluten free and dairy free recipes but they added loads of sugar instead, not helpful!!! 

Oops it is time I was not here!   Bye-for-now :)

Good morning! Today is going to be a great day. We have clear blue skies and sunshine, a play date this afternoon, and I will not be consumed by food choices today! The fire alarm in my son's room threatened to ruin our morning by chirping bright and early at 6:30am. It woke me up as I could hear it through the baby monitor, but after my son briefly stirred he fell back asleep. How he can sleep through that awful chirping, I don't know! He usually doesn't get up until 7:45 or 8. Maintenance request is in! (of course these things happen when husband is out of town).

Chrissie, I read a blog every now and then, and I thought of you. The blog writer threw her 6 year old daughter a "British themed" birthday party. This is the link- http://www.shullfamily.blogspot.com. I thought the "fish and chips" idea was clever. What do you think, did they hit all the right points or is it kind of silly? Have you ever heard of an "American themed" party?

None of the foods from yesterday seemed to bother me. I slept fine. My primary goal in starting W30 was to kick my bad eating habits and lose a few pounds. I didn't have many physical ailments to begin with. I did always feel tired in the afternoons, and I have always had sleeping issues as long as I can remember. I've been sleeping great on W30. I have hypothyroidism for which I take synthroid, but I wasn't expecting a magical cute from that, and I'm not even due for a blood test until next year anyways.

Donna, of course you should speak with your doctor if you are concerned about your cholesterol, and you didn't ask my opinion, but I must say those numbers are awesome for a woman your age!! An HDL of 65 is REALLY good, (probably from eating good fats and exercise) it's above the normal range for women, and completely cancels out the slight elevation in LDL. Your triglycerides are very low as well, probably a result of not eating carbs and sugar. I would honestly say you have nothing to worry about with your LDL at 106! Assuming you don't take any cholesterol medication, that's excellent. If you were my patient, I would say keep doing whatever it is you are doing.

Tina I agree it sounds like you have a good plan for the party! You be the silent example for everyone :)

Good morning ladies.  Amy and Chrissie thanks for your advice on the blood test.  I was asking for your opinions. I do take Cholesterol meds and was hoping the ldl would be down so I could eventually get off of them. It may take months to get to that point. Or it may be my body manufactures it and it's not what I am eating.

Chrissie I am going to look up what gammon is.  :lol: It is so funny to me how we all speak English but don't know what different words mean. The way you make your stock sounds like a good idea. Do you freeze the meat juices until you get enough or does it accumulate fast enough you don't have to.

I am glad you are taking Grain Brain to the meeting with you.  Some will probably get excited about it and some will not so much. After reading it I want to stay away from wheat and eventually dairy for the most part.

Today went well, I have had lots of feelings I want to eat something different but stayed in my plan, yet somehow I feel guilty as if I did go daft!   You got me thinking of yoghurt Donna, so I picked some plain greek- style - no additives, and so it's there if I want it when the 7 day reset is up.   I'll have it with some fresh fruit.  Gammon is what I think is ham before it's cooked, there is but  if we have different ideas of what ham is, we're stuck :)! It's a joint of cured pork meat, which can be boiled or roasted/baked, and is lovely for cold cuts.   Grain-brain was met with some open mouthed incredulity; it's planted a seed though.  My husband sees his neurologist next month; I think I will ask him what he thinks and perhaps if it is not something he has considered he may look into it and it may benefit someone!   I do sometimes save my meat juices in the freezer, at other times I seem to have loads.

I'm still resisting saying to my family they should try changing their diets (but my goodness I want to) ... although my D-in-L has fertility problems, and my son has mentioned they are now wondering if she has food intolerances, so I think the silent message is seeping through .  I wanted to be a role model, so perhaps that is working. 

Amy did your day stay as lovely as your bright morning implied?  I hope so.  I did think the party was funny.  I wonder if they chose a British theme because Kensington is a  district of London?  The fish n chips were a clever take, but I would rather have the real thing,  and I wonder what British peas are?   

Old England has been cool and misty and drizzly again, it's autumn for sure.

May you all have great stress free days on your journey :)

Hi The party theme was cute lol Chrissie that you wonder what British peas are. The fish and chips were a cute idea.

Thanks for info on the gammon and soup stock.  I never seem to have a lot of meat juices but if planning it I could make more then I do now.

I had yogurt and 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast.  Left over Thai beef with veggies for lunch and I made a vanilla whey protein pumpkin latte. It wasn't bad and the whey gave me some dairy'  I should of had some cheese but I am not a big cheese person. Do you see a pattern here?  No fats.  I am going to have to work on that. We are having soup and a new salad w/the left over buffalo chicken for dinner. I will have to have almost a whole avocado to make up the fats.  I don't mind some avocado but I don't like a lot at one time.

I will have a sugar free ice cream after dinner. Do you ladies think sugar alcohols are less bad for you then sugar or sweetener?

I will continue with just adding dairy until Sunday then add grains.

I went to the gym this afternoon and had a protein shake post w/o. It felt good to work out.

I have been reading some of the forum and some people had allergy improvement in a couple weeks and gone in the 30. Others had big changes in cholesterol down the line. I guess I am one that is going to have to do it longer.  I want a break then I will try it again.

There is a difference in my sleep pattern. I am falling asleep at 9:00 or 9:30. I used to go to bed at 10:00 or 10:30 not really sleepy then it would be hard to get up at 8:00.  Now I am awake at 5:30 or 6:00.

Tina I did get the 2 week e-mail  this morning and it is whole 30. How are you doing?

Christie, I do believe the blog writer purposefully named her children in British style-- Kensington Kate, Smith William, and Ashby London. I remember thinking that was a little... Odd... For an American family from Texas, but to each their own! And her kids are beautiful.

Today went fairly well. I had eggs and bacon for breakfast. Then for lunch because it was gorgeous out and I wasn't ready to go home yet, I took my son to a popular gourmet hot dog stand in our town, and had a hot dog with real condiments and zucchini relish. It was all beef, and I only ate about half the bun, with a few chips. Then I had my chili with rice and cheese for dinner. Might not be Whole 30, or even remotely paleo, but it's better than what I ate pre-W30! Last time I went to the hot dog stand I also had a soda and a moon pie! The biggest positive change so far has been the reduction in sweets and eliminating the snacking. I haven't felt the need to snack all day like I used to. It's a win.

I am thinking I'll need a Whole 7 sometime in October to help keep me on track. If anyone else would like to participate at the same time, I'd love to have that to look forward to. In the meantime I'm going to show myself some grace, and have a good weekend with my husband when he returns and when my in-laws visit next week (read: lots of eating out) and not worry too much about the food. I'll be better off in the long run if I'm not worried and obsessing over every little bite. I did some yoga today and worked on my emotional self, and I'm feeling at peace with it all.

Donna, how did your free day go? Has dairy every bothered you before? I was wondering the same thing about sugar. Part of me thinks real sugar is better than Splenda or Equal, but the other half of me thinks zero calories are better than loads of calories. I can't decide. I haven't put Splenda in my coffee yet, I'm just using my flavored coffee creamer which I believe is sugar. I don't need nearly as much as I used to use. I put a splash of milk in with a splash of the flavored stuff, and it's perfect.

you guys are doing so well !!  I so look forward to reading your posts - gives me inspiration to hang in there...

chrissie - I also have plantar fasciitis !  How in the world have you managed to work so many long hrs - your feet must have been killing you.  I am schedule for an injection in Oct, and I am hoping this change in my diet may make it so that I do not have to get it.  This would be round 2 and I'm not looking forward to it. Have to be laid up for a full 48 hrs with absolutely no weight on that foot at all.  Have had lengthy physical therapy for it, and I would just like it to go away. I must say it is already 50% better than 14 days ago !

Today my stomach is all off - crampy - don't really want to eat dinner, but I am going to have 2 eggs w/ shredded sweet potatos and shredded rutabaga. Going to see how the rutabaga does.

M1 was left over hash from yesterday.

M2 was left over shephards pie, cauliflower and a small burger, and an avocado

So - eating my dinner... and the rutabaga hash gets Thumbs Up ! :D Very tasty!  I just shredded it, put a little grated onion s & p. my dear daughter also like the rutabaga hash... she said "that's what for breakfast tomorrow !"   The sweet potato is just like I thought - yummy as well

I have rutabaga, parsnip, potato, mushrooms, onion, carrots, cauliflower w/ oo and white balsamic vinegar roasting in the oven.

Dad's party has changed it is now at a café - for brunch... I'm crossing my fingers for a salad bar. :wacko:

I have to say I have notice a change in my clothes fitting - which is a nice bonus.  Mainly less pain in my feet and I don't ache as much.

I think I will certainly continue this - the only thing that I can think of right now is adding back some dairy- but honestly I don't really miss it.  It is when I read ingredients for the powdered ranch dip/dressing - dairy.    have a little cheese every now and then.  Really want some of the Gouda that a store up north sells. That will be a delight. 

Found some sauasage - chicken turkey beef that claim glutten free - when I read the label -  contains less than 2% of the following ingredients ...yada yada Sugar.

Almost bought them but got hung up on the 2% sugar.  I guess I will just wait until after to see if I like them !

got the makings for the sunshine sauce - I'm thinking I will make that tomorrow night.

Amy and Donna - good luck w/ your reintro of your favs !  I hope it all goes well

Amy I am sure real sugar is better then sweeteners.  I think stevia is the best health wise for a sweetener.  Honey is probably the best.  I used to think agave was healthy but I have read not so much.

My husbands creamer has sugar in it.  My biggest concern with sugar is according to the Grain Brain book it and gluten is poison for your brain.  At my age I don't want to chance helping dementia along.

As far as I know dairy never bothered me. I just suspected it was part of my allergy problem. I am not sure but I think grains may have been the cause of bloating. I was hoping to confirm this by doing the w30.

Tina and Chrissie my daughter got injections a couple weeks ago for plantars.  Her foot was numb for 24 hours but then she was good to go.  I am sure everybody is different and their options may vary.

So what day are you on Tina? Is the time going pretty fast?

I am on day 15 !!!   this is day 3 that my innards are feeling awful.  crampy, bloating, just yucky feeling.  Per the time line - this is the healing process, and this to shall pass.  I don't want to eat - is not appealing at all.  However I will.  M1  was rutabaga hash and 2 eggs.  M2 will be salad, cukes, spinach, peppers, pork, avocado.  Yesterday my stomach was growling so badly at 3:30-4, but I didn't eat.  so today brought things to help me through. avocado, orange, apple celery and some carrots.  so a variety.  I hope that my stomach feels better soon.   Stomach. Ache. Is. Not. Hard !!!   

Off to work - hope all have a great day.

Tina, I hope your tummy settles soon, you are half way there!     I awoke after a 10 hour sleep and feel great again, so I think it's taken 4-5 days to process the scone and sandwich!   Plantar is less tender too, I have not had the steroid injections (I'm a coward!) I rely on good shoes, exercises, pain relievers and will- power!    The long shifts sometimes drag me down so it is a relief to have it abating.  Tina you made a cottage pie with hamburger?  Here a hamburger is a meat patty of dubious meat, might your hamburger be minced (ground) pork..... or some other type of meat mixture?  

I'm keeping away as far away from sugar as possible, I read it is fructose that messes most with our bodies, but it is the empty calorie debate that gets me because I still would like to shift about 30 lbs.   I feel so much trimmer already that it is a bit of a shock catching my reflection in a shop window and seeing I still have a way to go, but I believe now I have the tools to keep the cravings at bay that are always a bit of a breaker.    I went off the 7  today when out with my daughter for lunch; many foods were bread or pastry based but they did a pear walnut and stilton salad, so I chose to have that.   There was not too much stilton in it, and indeed I couldn't finish it!   I think doing a seven in late October would be good Amy, because I have my week away, and then there is Son, Daughter-in-law and Grandson's birthdays to negotiate.  I may be in great need of a re-set :lol:!   you sound very comfortable with yourself now.   Donna I am with you wanting to minimise risks of dementia, I have enough problems with my memory as it is - although I have to say, I do feel sharper with my changed diet.

I'm making roast veg,   buttered cabbage  and a sort of pork burger with sage onion and apple.   Donna you find your fats' intake slipping, for me it is green veg I need to pick up because I'm using more roots again.   We'll all get there!

Ok Chrissie another question what is stilton?  I agree with you on sugar and hope to stay away from it. I also decided I am not going to purposefully intro gluten/wheat.  If it just happens like when I have pizza with my grandson then I will just get right back off of it.  I will try some gluten free products. Just perhaps bread or bagels.  I don't really miss pasta.

Sorry to hear you are having so  much stomach problems Tina. Congratulations you are half way there. Your doing great just hang in there. You have inspired me to try a rutabaga. I have never had one.

I had stomach problems sometimes before w30 but not during. When I had the ice cream last night I had some digestive issue and a lot of gas. I think it was from the sugar alcohols. It was not worth it.

I feel great today and am enjoying my coffee again.  Hope you all have a great day.

chrissie - hamburger is like yours as well.. meat patty,  I'm sorry I should say ground beef.  Just used to calling it hamburger.   It tastes wonderful with ground pork, ground turkey too.   I would love to try the lamb but it is pretty pricey over this way.

M2 is down.. stomach slightly (slightly) better.  we will see how it likes the food I've put in it !

Thanks for the thoughts !

Stilton is a cheese Donna, it can only be manufactured in a small area of England, it is very savoury and only needs small amounts to add good flavour.  I did have a bit of tummy ache last night, but I'm calling that on the nuts.  Fine again today, and now preparing to do 7 nights on.   I'm not scared worried or concerned.   I think I will be ok to stay fairly sensible, I'll make sure I pack plenty of things I find lovely to be lovelier than whatever is lurking in the staff fridge waiting to disrupt me :)

Eggs fried in coconut oil with tomato for meal 1, a lamb stew for 2, a sort of meatloaf for 3, with  buttered veggies and tomato sauce, and repeated cold with salad overnight, the stew will get blitzed and morph into soup, and I'll take along a decadent banana and almond butter, and a couple of dates from the freezer if I need a sweet hit.   I still have not bought any butter, as I'm not having bread to spread it on and I'm finding clarified butter fine on vegetables.  Oh, those wasted barren 'dieting'  years when my salads and veg were naked, and I never lost weight!      I still am amazed that I'm now eating like I do and am feeling such benefits from whole, healthful food.

I hope all is going well on re-intro for you Amy and Donna, and things you are trying are being pleasurable. Tina, you are on the downhill  race to the finish now, how exciting is that! 

Hope you all enjoy today.  Old England weather is still damp and misty so it's a nice afternoon to head off for a pre-work nap :D

Hi ladies  Well I am feeling fine.  Haven't added in that much new food. Just the yogurt, heavy cream and stevia.  Have allowed some sugar that is already in a product.  I intended to buy pureed pumpkin to put in my coffee. Then I would add the spices to make a pumpkin latte but I bought a can of organic pumpkin pie filling.  of course has added sugar.  So for now I am using that and add a tablespoon to my coffee and then whip it in the blender.

Do any of you know what it is about the food plan that changes your sleep patterns.  The last couple of days it has been harder for me to get up in the morning.  Nothing else has changed but it doesn't seem like enough diet change to cause that.  Maybe just a coincidence.

Yesterday I had hash browns, bacon and 2 eggs for m1.  Salad with shredded chicken, several veggies and avocado in it for m2. Dinner was weird because I didn't get home until 7:45. I was at my Granddaughters coffee shop. There was a big public meeting there with media and the whole works so she had asked for all hands on deck. I just had butternut squash soup, hard boiled egg and a yogurt.

Have a great day everybody.

Donna, you sound like you're doing ok.  How lovely that your Grandaughter has a coffee shop - though does it get tempting for you?  I find carb-type food makes me sleepy.  Perhaps you sleeping better in the morning is part of your healing?   As long as you feel refreshed.   

Last night I pretty well stuck to my food, I had a couple of sweets - because I could, and I tried a handful of potato crisps/chips when offered - I was amazed at how artificial they tasted, it did not kick up any craving.  Mind, I did not have quality sleep today :(

Amy, I hope you are having a great weekend, and you too Tina, are hanging on in!

My only food craving to rear it's head now is for what we call 'black pudding'  --   it is not a pudding but a savoury, horrid if you think of the ingredients, but I think every culture has their variant..   I think you may know it as a blood sausage in America?   I have found a gluten free one in a grocery market, so I'm going to enjoy that.   

Archived