Day 7, first whole30.

chrissie

We have been busy getting ready for husband to return and guests coming next week. It has been chilly here, but absolutely gorgeous by the afternoon, and I've been looking for reasons to get out and enjoy the weather. I haven't been great with my diet- I find I don't eat enough then gorge because I'm overly hungry. But my workouts have been awesome, and I still have good energy. I was much better when I had rules to follow and forced myself to eat 3 sturdy meals a day. I'm looking forward to doing a Whole 7 in a couple weeks, (maybe October 1?) I think it will be something good to look forward to. I definitely don't feel as good as I did on W30, and I miss that!

It's our 6 year wedding anniversary today, and hubby returns this evening. I think we are just going to get a pizza- it's something we both love, and I was saving it for when he returned.

Sounds like you are all doing well- good luck with your 7 day shift, Chrissie! How did you like the hash browns, Donna?

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I enjoyed the hash browns Amy but next time will try to get your brand to try.  How fun for you to have hubby back on your anniversary. I bet your son will be happy to see his daddy.  Does he seem to look for him when he is on trips? It will be nice for you to have company.

Tina are you doing ok? Haven't heard from you for a few days.

Chrissie it's been hard to get up because but it's not a restful sleep if that makes any sense.  It was better on w30 to wake up and be more wide awake and not groggy where I want to lay there and kind of dose off and on and have stupid dreams.

i enjoy going to the coffee shop to visit with my Granddaughter but I am good just having like a flavored ice tea. That is in the spring and summer. I am more apt to want a latte in the winter.  She tries to accommodate everybody's taste but she only has a couple of sweets out.  She has several more healthy treats out. I call her my little hippie because she is into all the natural stuff.  Makeup, medicine, shampoo, toothpaste what ever goes into or on her body.  Not the real definition of a hippie with not bathing much or drugs.  :lol:  She is the one I can talk to about my food plan.

Jace (my son) was so happy to see his daddy, and first thing this morning he was already asking for him. I tried not to talk about him much while he was gone, because we FaceTimed with my husband once over the past week and it just upset the baby. He didn't "get it." We are both glad to have him home, but now both of them are sick, so I guess I'm on nurse duty.

That's great that you have such a close relationship with your granddaughter! I miss my grandmother terribly. We were very close as I grew up, but after I moved away we don't see each other as often as I'd like.

I think I've completely gone off my rocker. I went to a garage sale yesterday and they had a "brand new" bread maker for sale for $10. I've been wanting a bread maker for over a year now, I even asked for one for last Christmas but didn't receive one. So I scooped it up and of course I had to try it out last night. Turns out it may be "brand new" as in never been used, but it's a model from the mid-90's! It still worked though, and made a tasty loaf of white bread. I used it to make French toast this morning! I don't know if you all want to hear about that, as this is supposed to be a forum about W30 eating. I'm still planning on an Oct 1 W7. I may even start Sept 30.

Hello!   Been good today at an afternoon tea party, all baked goods, and I didn't want anything!    Glad husband is home Amy, you enjoy.  Donna, I get you not having restful sleep, it is harder to crawl out of bed when you are not refreshed.  your Grandaughter sounds as if she has got her life right!   Simple food for me tonight as I'm not prepared, I hope I am not led astray in the early morning - though as I am ''riding my own bike, I am only accountable to myself, but remembering 4 days gut-ache after my last foray into wheat I think I'll be able to steer clear!    

:lol: I think that is funny about the bread maker.  Sure we want to hear about it.  It's all about what works for us.  that wouldn't work for me but I am a lot older and have different concerns. I bought and older but gently used juicer at a garage sale about a year ago  I had a new one but thought I needed a backup in case mine stopped working. :wacko:    Now I don't use either one.  Occasionally I use the newer one but not like I was.

Sorry to hear the boys are sick.  I have been a little concerned for your little one with that virus going around that has been on the news.  I think your state was one they mentioned having cases.

I went out for Mexican food last night.  I had been wrong about when my Grandson will be home.  It's not until next week so no pizza this week. I had a chicken taco and black beans. A few chips and salsa. A margarita with salt and ice.  I didn't feel any change after having that.  Slept the same. The only thing is I had gained two pounds this morning. :unsure:  It could be one of three things.  I gained water because of salt or inflammation or I hadn't drank enough water yesterday.  i will drink a lot today and see if it drops.

Oops Amy, I read your post in a hurry and noted your husband was home - but must have blinked at the 'sick' part.  What a shame, I hope they are on the road to recovery and not sharing the bugs with you as families kindly do!  

I've been known to fall into the 'must have' kitchen accessory trap only to find after the novelty wears off that it becomes nothing more than an ornament :).   Donna, were you gutted to not  see your grandson, and get to eat pizza?    I'm sure the 2 lb gain is just one of those blips, I hope it's no inflammation starting.   I had a couple of sweets and a few crisps again last night.  I felt like a 'normal' person, I could take them or leave them and no massive ''I've blown the diet'' guilt trip either!   In the words of a certain Scotsman... ''FREEDOM''!!!!   

Compliant meals today are planned, nothing exciting, eggs meat and veggies.  ... Ooh, I nearly forgot, the local greengrocer has got in a new 'exotic' veg - Chayote; can be either cooked or in salad.  I have looked it up on google so I know what to do with it, but is it familiar to you ladies?  any tips on how to use it best if it is?     I recall asking about aubergine in a much post earlier, but drew a blank.  Had I asked about egg-plant would you have known what that was?      

Have good days   :)

Hi All -

Amy so glad your family is together - hope they get well soon.  My daughter was just over a yr when my ex husband was in Kwait -just after 9/11 we would get phone calls  and then after talking with him - she would get on her play phone and have to talk to dada.  broke my heart some days.

Donna - glad the intro is going well

Chrissie - good choice with the wheat !  might be a good thing to eat in moderation - or not at all.

I was battling a very painful stomach last week.  on Friday I had some very sharp pains on my leftside and was going to go to the doctor.  Grandma duty called for the evening - so I bypassed the doc.  Saturday was still not back to normal - so took it easy. Made about 16 cups of chicken broth, so I am set for soups/gravies and anywhere else I might need some broth.   Saturday night my dinner was a cup of wonderful broth - and that was it.

Sunday was better with minimal upset.  Went to lunch for dad's birthday.  had a salad, the waitress managed to find some balsamic vinegar and oil for my dressing.   we went back to my parents for visiting and then my parents and daughter had some cake. 

Today - feeling better, but had a hard time getting veggies down this morning. I am making the scotch eggs and breakfast meatballs tonight, so am also going to roast some more veggies.  That will help with the morning meal.  I have bought fennel to roast .. Has any one roasted fennel ??  heard it is good - hoping that is true!

Hope everyone's day goes well.

Yes I know what eggplant is but I don't know what  chayote is.  I never buy eggplant but I have ordered eggplant parmesan in a restaurant.

The Chatote sounds interesting.  Let us know what you think. 

I pretty much ate Paleo yesterday except I had a 1/4 of that ice cream with reduced blackberries.  it was very good and if I keep the amount of ice cream small it doesn't give me gas.

i am anxious to see my Grandson but it's ok being a week later.  I would be upset if his leave was cancelled.  I am not craving pizza (surprise) so that is ok also.

I am excited about a new store that is coming to town.  Again within 5 miles from me.  It is like whole foods where they only sell healthy, organic foods and pastured meats. I am hoping it will cause some price flexibility and competition between them.

Tina you must have posted while I was typing.  Sorry to hear you are still not feeling well.  Seems like more then just the food plan.  You were kind of paleo before weren't you.  I know that really makes it hard to think of things to eat and fix when not feeling well.  Sounds like you are doing a good job of it even being sick. I have never cooked fennel by it's self just as an ingredient in another dish.  I have seen it roasted in with other veggies and yes it is good.

Glad to see you back. 

Hello Tina, glad to see you here again too,  I agree with Donna, it sounds something other than food, I hope you feel well soon.  I've never had roasted fennel, it's something else to try.  Donna, the new store sounds exciting, it will be good if you as the customer benefit from the competition! 

I'm scared at the moment, I feel quite complacent about good food, so I'm wondering when the brain will flip and I fall back to old habits - as I used to do when ''on a diet''.  I pray it is not going to happen.   

Because there have been still an occasional ache and pain moment, I am now trying apple cider vinegar with manuka honey in hot water, it's delicious!!  I've only had twice, so I don't know if it will benefit me, but it won't harm either because the honey is not a no brakes food for me. 

off to work now. Byeeee   

I know what you  are saying Chrissie about the plan. it seems so easy I feel like I am doing something wrong.  I have stayed paleo and no problems.  I don't miss bread even though I make my hubby a sandwich at lunch.

I guess if we do have a slip back it would be easy enough to do a whole 7 if we don't let it go on to long.

Yes apple cider vinegar is very good for you. I have been taking it with water but a little honey sounds much better.  Is that a special kind of honey?

hi all...   made scotch eggs,  good thing they are wrapped in meat - cuz my eggs wouldn't peel decently so some look pretty rough, but now no one will be the wiser !  (I HATE it when eggs don't turn out) 

Also made some breakfast meatballs from PaleOMG.  minus the bacon.  I couldn't find breakfast sausage that didn't have all the crap - so I just used regular ground pork with my favorite seasonings.  didn't have fennel seeds but I think it will be ok anyway.  Brooke just tried one and again Kid approved ! (these have shredded sw potato, shredded onion, shredded mushrooms.  (I 'forgot' to tell Brooke they had mushrooms in them heehee) she came back for a 2nd one !  The recipe is on her website - so go check it out

Roasted cauliflower, sw potatoes, fennel, onions, and even tried beets. !  so we will see how that all turns out. 

Now I know why I do all this on the weekend !!!  Worked late and ate late, and still have things in the oven - wheewwww.

Feeling much better - thank goodness.

water and apple cider vinegar ??!!  what is that good for ? I like apple cider vinegar - even made my mayo with it... never drank it though.

tomorrow is day 20 !!!   I think I will go another week after my 30--just because of last week.  Not sure if it will really matter, but I don't have a reason not to.  Except for my wine tasting weekend !!  wine and cheese - mmmm.

Hello!  Just another flying visit from the north east; I slept this morning and somehow offered grandma duty this afternoon.... a silly move when I'm back at work tonight!  Thankfully I had a lot of food prepped, so I've had eggs as usual, a chunky veg soup for dinner then I have a quiche without pastry to take to work with salad, and fruit and cheese and almond butter to snack on.  it is relaxing knowing that if I fall down on food it does not matter because I don't have to be compliant, like taking a portion of cheese.  Glad you are feeling well again Tina, the breakfast meatballs sound nice, especially 'kid-approved'!     The chayote was pretty bland, I shredded it, and added some lime juice and black pepper and that made it nice  as a  salad, but as it is sold as an 'exotic' fruit here, the price was silly, not something I feel the need to eat regularly.   

Donna,  Manuka honey is from N Zealand, and is supposed to have more healing properties, naturally you end up paying more!   It is nice with the ACV and warm water!   Tina, ACV is meant to be cleansing and help arthritis, but it has to be raw - cloudy stuff, that has apparently more good enzymes in it.   The things we do to achieve good health!   :)

I could ramble for ages tonight, but alas I need to get me out again!   Tina, enjoy the last 10,    Then get ready for wine and cheese, it'll go straight to your head! ;)

Chrissie, I have so enjoyed reading your posts.  I certainly can relate to you tales of the 12 hour shifts and bad eating behavior of nurses.  I too am a nurse (neonatal nurse practitioner actually) and battle bad eating habits.  This is day 7 for me, so I am a bit behind you.  I have been trying to journal everyday and notice physical as well as emotional symptoms.  Overall I do not feel the pull of food, but I notice the times that I'm drawn to food, even when I am not hungry.  Today it was the smell of food, and walking by the vending machine.  They were triggers, but I found that I could journal and realize that I did not feel the least hungry, but was rather responding to an old habit or an olfactory stimulus.  We require food for life, but there are so many other connections to food, both good and bad. 

I have wondered if eating so many eggs every day is good, but I can't really face lamb chops for breakfast.  My standard seems to be coconut oil in the pan, sauté some vegi's-today onion, portabella mushroom and collards, then throw in a few eggs.  Seems very satisfying.  Lunch was some soup I made over the weekend with chicken, butternut squash, bok choy, onions and celery.  Garlic and ginger was the seasoning.  Dinner will be an Asian stir fry out of the books chart.  Largely I feel very satisfied with my meals. 

I am amazed as I watch others eat now, but then realize I had been eating like that as well.  Today I watched a fellow nurse open her 12 inch sub sandwich, and I thought "certainly she is not going to eat that whole thing", along with her chips.  I know I have ate like that, but it is eye opening when you start to see that as poor eating and know really you have been there. 

I have one more 12 hour shift tomorrow, I sometimes struggle with only 3 meals in those 12 hours, I typically used to eat three meals and 1-2 snacks, but I'm trying to stick to the plan as written. 

My post seems a little out of pace.  I picked this thread as its title was day 7 and that is where I was at today.  I had read your lovely ladies dialogue, wondered why it came to an abrupt halt, but posted anyway.  Then I realized there were many pages.  I couldn't stop reading.  It has been a great diversion today.  If you don't mind a newbie, id love to join the chat

Welcome Lorlena43 It sounds like you are doing great.  I get that feeling about egg yolks and eating so many of them but I have read in more places then just this plan that they are good for you.  So I am going to go with that. The cereal or other foods I was eating for meal one were not good for me.

Chrissie do you get 3 or 4 days off now?  I used to work 4 10 hour shifts so I always had a 3 day weekend. Thanks for mentioning the honey . I looked it up and it's supposed to be good for allergies also so I am getting some.

Tina how did your veggies turn out?  ACV is also supposed to be good for cholesterol. It needs to be raw-unfiltered and with the mother.  I don't know if it's true but I don't think it can hurt.

Lorlena43  I just read your 2nd post.  It is fine if you are on day 7.  We have all been there and we may be again. As you have read mac Family (Amy) wants do do another one in October. If I get off track I will do another one as Chrissie has also.  I think we will all be in different places before long.

Hi all! Lorena- welcome! We are all in various stages of whole30, as you've read. I'm a NP too, just moved to New England and starting a job in internal med in November. Sounds like you're doing well, the first 7-14 days were the hardest for me!

Thank you all for your kind words- husband and son are both on the mend, and it appears as though I'm not going to catch what they have (I hope!). My son is slowly improving- Sunday was his worst day, but he's better today, and we avoided a trip to the doctor so far. You may be able to relate- I have a hard time being "nurse mom" - I know it was just a cold but of course I worry about everything else as well!

Tina, sorry to hear about your stomach troubles, but good for you for sticking to the eating plan. Many people would have used that as an excuse to quit, rightfully so, but you powered through. Good for you!

We just finished a 3 day binge of eating out and enjoying our company. I was really getting tired of carbs by last night, and I'm actually a little glad husband is taking off for a few more days so I can "hit reset." I'm actually thinking about doing a quick little Whole 3 starting tomorrow, although I'm a little apprehensive because I haven't prepared for it. I'm sure that's just an excuse. I have plenty of eggs and veggies and beef, so I will just grab a couple things tomorrow and start Thursday. I took some butternut squash soup out of the freezer, (so glad to have that!) and I'm going to make some homemade applesauce if I can figure out how to do it without a food mill. We went apple picking yesterday and I have a big bag of apples to use up.

Chrissie, hope you're getting enough rest! Sounds like you are making great food choices still, I agree it's nice to have the "freedom" to eat off plan and not feel guilty! Although I'm so very aware of my choices now, and found myself craving meat and veggies more often.

Hi everyone, and welcome from me too, Lorena,   you have some catching up to do, and experiences to experience  :)!   You too have suddenly become aware of how badly colleagues eat, I cringe now when I think what I punished my body with.  I couldn't nurse neonates, too emotionally draining I think.  My first grandson was born at 24 weeks and spent months on SCBU, he's a super soon to be 4 year old now.  We owe so much to his team  :D

Today I have had to decide which chores were necessary and which could wait.  Me and husband decided to get some groceries and go for a coffee instead!   By the time 7 nights are up the house will be a tip, but I gave up trying to be superwoman years ago!   Grocery shopping is a joy now as I no longer trawl the supermarket aisles, just wanting basics is so easy!

Yes Donna, I will have 3 nights off at the end of this stint, then back for 3 then off for 4.... then 2 weeks hols, lovely!   Amy, being a nurse-mum is dreadful, nurse grandmum doesn't work too well either, too much knowledge eh!!!!  I once missed my son's broken foot trying not to be too dramatic, but in fairness there was no swelling or bruising and the GP missed it too at first!

I make homemade applesauce in the microwave ( and I know there are arguments about microwaves)  all I do is put some peeled cored cooking apples in and blitz it for a couple of minutes and the apple just turns to puree. Add a little clarified butter and it is lovely.  Is that what you know apple sauce to be, or is it something else over the water?

Considering tonight is my sixth shift I feel remarkably bright; a combination of eating well and maybe the cider vinegar/honey combo?  what ever, I am pleased!!!!  

Going to make tea/ breakfast now, Have good days everyone :)

Hey there peeps !

Welcome Lorena !  These lovely ladies welcomed me with open arms when I just started too.  It is so nice to have a 'sounding' board - no judgement - just support.

My veggies turned out ok -   I think I'm getting tired of veggies !   I do NOT like beets - I gave them a whirl... roasted them with the skins on - yup - nope don't like them - AT ALL !     The fennel was so - so ... Parsnips - also not on the high the list.  (maybe better mashed ?? !)

The scotch eggs are too much for me - (very good possibility that I screwed it up ! LOL)  but too much meat and I don't like my hard boiled eggs cooked too much. Chrissie - I believe you make these - do you have your own recipe or did you use the one from Well Fed ?   I used ground pork, w/ tarragon, parsley, nutmeg ..  over all the taste was good - just a lot  - AND I needed to dip it into something.    So if there is a better recipe ? 

My stomach issue seem to be mostly resolved - still get a slight 'gurgle' every now and then. - but feeling pretty good.  The only thing that I am regretting is that I am not exercising.  I guess I figure 1 hurdle at a time. 

Babysitting tonight - so I asked my dear daughter to boil some eggs, and I will bring my own mayo and make me and the boy some egg salad - he loves it so I know he will atleast eat that.  for some reason he is getting to be a picky eater  - try to not lecture my daughter - but I know she could be doing better.  I know - pick your battles.  She was falling into the habit of letting him watch a movie/tv right before bed, and I kindly suggested that the tv be turned off atleast 1/2 hr before bed so his brain can settle.  She took my advice and went back to putting him to bed the way she used to.

Tomorrow is ANOTHER pizza day - but this time it is for my team specifically.  We will be having our team meeting, and shoveling pizza in our faces.  Ok they will be shoveling pizza in their faces.  I am not too worried about it - already have 1 pizza party conquered. There is a food day in the break room going on - right now.  (mashed potato bar - sounds and smells pretty good)

Well - ladies have a wonderful day

I am glad you are feeling better Tina.. I have to agree with you on veggies.  Not really my favorite when I started this but then I had problems eating a lot of protein also.  it is so much better now and I think my taste have shifted some what.  I try to change up what I am eating and how I fix it. I get sick of salad real quick also, so try to put different stuff in and change up the dressings.  Sometimes I roast veggies sometimes steam or saute.  It seems to be easier to eat more of them that way. For me anyway.

I keep intending to fix scotch eggs but haven't gotten around to it.  I will wait to see what Chrissie says.

I ended up on the other side of town at lunch time with no food with me so I went to Starbucks.  I don't think I was to bad.  I had the protein pack which has a few grapes and apple slices with a packet of healthy peanut butter ( which I am not eating at home) it was about a tbl. It had a hard boiled egg and 2" bread type thing w/cranberries in it. I had a regular vanilla latte.  I asked what kind of sugar the vanilla syrup had in it and it was regular sugar not fructose corn syrup.  I feel fine after eating it and do not feel I have to go back anytime soon because of cravings or anything.  I need to make sure I take

a snack of some kind with me when I go out.

Good evening my new friends.  Please call me Lori, Lorlena is a pet name a friend gave me many years ago and it has stuck as a user name.  I felt very welcomed by all.  Thank you.  This is day 8 for me and I am feeling very strong.  Actually the last two days I have felt very energized.  In my journal today I wrote "I feel unleashed from my food cravings."  That seems to really hit the emotion.  I also feel less pain from the osteoarthritis in the base of my thumbs.  It is not gone, but it feels significantly better.  I have tried other elimination food plans in the past, that has left me feeling I was sensitive to wheat and dairy.  They have just been so hard to give up. 

Amy, seems the crude is going around,  my family is down with  the cough, and though I find myself trying to nurse, I am much better with the babies.  I think I have a tough side because that is how I respond when I am sick.  I do like to make "jewish penicillin" or good ole home made chicken noodle soup.  Found myself thinking of how to make it Whole 30.  Though about some one who I read had made "noodles" by spiralizing rutabaga.  I don't have that tool though. 

Ginger, I'm curious, finally figured out you were talking apple cider vinegar (ACV), what does "with the mother mean"

Chrissie, I'm glad your grandson is one of the 24 week success stories out of the NICU.  That is the age we consider viable her in the states, though some centers are pushing that envelope lower to 22-23 weeks gestation.  So many do not make it and for those who do that are born so early they have many long term problems.  As I get older, I am not sure I have the stomach to keep pushing the resuscitation to earlier.  Those babies are so fragile.  I am glad you have a holiday to look forward to, I am a bit of a wanderlust and always count the days to my vacations.  

Tina, I know it is hard to stay strong to pizza and potato bar, the smells and social aspect are struggles as we incorporate new behaviors.  You were strong before, and I have the feeling you will be strong again.  Good luck.

Ginger, good to know that after the 30 days you have tried some Starbucks beverages and they have not derailed your program.  I do always look forward to pumpkin spice latte's.

Well off to spend a little time with the family.  Tomorrow my daughter is off school, and we will have the day together. 

Have a good evening all

Well I spoke to soon.  After posting I had an hour of very painful gas.  I am sure it was the milk in the latte.  Lori after w3  you could have soy pumpkin latte's if soy agrees with you. I can't have soy and unfortunately Starbucks does not have almond milk.  Guess I will drink coffee at home or at my Granddaughters coffee shop.  She uses almond milk.

Its hard to explain the mother but it's something that happens naturally as the cider vinegar is made. It makes it cloudy with a lot of sediment in the bottom of the bottle.  I guess similar to when you make sauerkraut. As it ferments it get's a fermented blob in it that you use to make more fermented veggies.  You can actually just buy the mother to get your fermented veggies started.  Not a very good explanation.

Sounds like you have had a crossover in your eating and cravings.  It may be a little easier now.

How old is your daughter Lori?

I also have osteoarthritis in my thumb base joints.  I had injections once and I have braces if they are really hurting.  They are doing good right now.

Tina you are really being strong at work.  Good for you.

Good morning all! Today is day 1 of my quick whole 3, although I may extend it if things are going easily. I'm sipping my coffee and coconut milk now. It's not great but it will do. Eggs for breakfast, chicken salad for lunch, and I'll fix something with ground beef for dinner.

Lori, so nice to meet you, and I agree I'm a little tough when it comes to sickness too. My husband is always dismayed that I don't have more sympathy when he has a cold, I guess that's something I should work on! I agree with you that 22-23 weeks is too early. I had a scare of preterm labor when I was around 22 weeks. I wound up on bed rest for a few weeks, and spent the rest of my pregnancy fearful of a preterm birth. Of course, by 39.5 weeks in August in South Carolina I was praying for him to come a little early! I am thankful for the doctors and nurses who were there when we went through that scary time.

Donna, I was running errands last week and was in the same predicament as you, and ate the same thing at Starbucks! Those little protein packs are great. Do you think the milk bothers you more than yogurt or ice cream?

Chrissie I made the applesauce last night and it turned out delicious. I just chopped the apples (about 20 of them!) and up them in a pot with 2 cups of water and a few cinnamon sticks. They simmered for 35 minutes and then I ran them through a food mill. The apples were a bit tart, so I added some sugar (only about half of what the recipe called for), so I won't be snacking on it during W3, but I had a small cup warm last night and it was divine.

Tina good for you resisting that pizza. I agree that veggies can be tough, and I finally gave up on trying to eat them for breakfast, like Chrissie did as well. I got sick of salad really quick too! Today I'm going to have chicken salad with celery chopped in it, rolled in a lettuce wrap with some carrots on the side to get my veggies in, and a sweet potato and green beans for dinner.

Hello to you all I love the way we are growing!   Donna, I think you described the 'mother' ok.  I read you have to keep ACV in sunlight to help it grow... hang on this is the UK here!  However, my bottle is sitting hopefully on the kitchen windowsill alongside some wilting green stuff that may have been a pot of herbs a week ago!   I am finding I am slipping a bit about veggies, need too add more variety methinks, but as it is autumn root veg are to the fore - lovely sweet starchy carb-y ones and the good green stuff is being pushed to one side.   This may affect my weight - I've not been back on the bathroom scales after my initial loss I would be gutted to find I had not gone any lower as I feel so well.   I do need to reduce a lot further as the old adipose tissue (polite word for fat)  itself creates inflammation - and not just of the blubbery kind.  But I don't want to get back into the old diet mentality.   I am still a bit fragile at times about this new way of good eating and my mind still plays occasional tricks.  I still have not incorporated formal exercise as I think I thought I might when I finished the 30, because I am still adjusting my food, shopping and guilt stuff, BUT, I am moving more and quicker, and as the plantar Fasciitis improves, I feel lighter on my feet.  So worth it :).  I have got plenty of stock made and meats cooked from yesterday's shop - now I need to put it into portions and pop it away in the freezer.  Then, last night shift tonight, and grandma duty tomorrow when I wake.   I have to say, when I rescued grandson #1 from nursery last week, they were about to give them afternoon tea of toast and jam, and I really wanted to say 'what are you doing to these tiny people'!   but it is not my place. Or am I a coward?    Colleagues at work are saying I 'look well'.... as I check out my reflection on this 6th day I guess I must have looked pretty terrible before :) :) :)!   

C x  

Archived