what comes next?

ereiam

So my Whole30 is going along smoothly at day 13. I feel good and have not had one cheat. I was eating paleo before but had fallen into the habit of cheating more and more. The Whole30 wasn't that much of a change since I was already eating paleo (mostly) so I've had a fairly easy time of it. But does anyone else worry about what's coming next? When my Whole30 is done I don't want to go back to my cheating ways, but I do want to have the occasional splurge. Am I even capable of that? I know that I am a carb/grain/sugar addict. Maybe I need to have a Wholelifetime. :)

How does the transition out of the Whole30 happen without loosening the rules and cheating?

• Moderators

There is no such thing as cheating. You just make choices. You choose to complete a Whole30 like you are now. Or you choose to create your own program. If you don't feel ready to create your own program after 30 days, you can keep doing a Whole30Plus until you do. Then, when you are ready, you choose what you will eat. If you find after a while that you don't like your choices, you can do another Whole30 to reset and start over again.

My plan is just to make conscious decisions about what I choose to eat following these 30 days. I hope to stay as close to Whole 30 as I can for a long time but I do know the occasion and desire for a small treat will present itself. I just have to be prepared and know that just because I choose to have that treat, I won't/shouldn't feel guilt and I won't spiral out of control.

Personally for me I am doing a Whole30forlife plan. I have a serious sugar addiction and one little slip up and I go nuts. You have to do what works best for you. I don't have the self-control that I need to have a little treat here or there so I need to just cut out the snacks until I feel I can have some. Maybe that will be in a month, 6 months, a year - I don't know but I'm fine with cutting out all the "cheats" out.

I hope you find what works!

I just have to be prepared and know that just because I choose to have that treat, I won't/shouldn't feel guilt and I won't spiral out of control.

See, I don't know if I have that kind of self-control. I tend always to spiral out of control with "cheating". I may be a Whole30 for life kind of girl.

Btw, I just added my before/after picture of an 85 pound weight loss. I have about 20 more to go, but even now I'm pretty proud of my pictures!

See, I don't know if I have that kind of self-control. I tend always to spiral out of control with "cheating". I may be a Whole30 for life kind of girl.

Btw, I just added my before/after picture of an 85 pound weight loss. I have about 20 more to go, but even now I'm pretty proud of my pictures!

I was wondering if your 85 lb loss was as a result of doing paleo?If so,how long did it take you to lose the weight.

Massive congratulations to you!

I started my weight loss in May of 2011. It took me that whole year to lose 85 pounds, I did it all on low carb, but was really searching for something beyond counting carbs. I learned about Paleo in January of this year and it was a "come to Jesus" moment for me. Everything that I had learned came together in this philosophy. Since January I have lost 15 pounds on paleo. My weight is coming off much more slowly than it was in the beginning, but that's okay. The thing about paleo that totally rocks me is that when I eat clean (Whole30 way) my carb/sugar cravings are gone. I can eat and be satisfied. I will eat this way for the rest of my life!

Archived