Breakfast or Workout

Chez

Hello, So here is my little dilemma. I work night shift and do 10 - 12 hour shifts, If I have my W30 fully compliant breakfast first I'm too full to do my workout before I have to get ready to go back to work. If I go to the gym 1st then I don't get to eat my 1st meal until 2 - 2.5hrs after waking.

I am now on Day 14 of my W30 and so far have chosen breakfast over workout but it means I'm not exercising 4 days a week and this is getting a little frustrating. 

Any ideas on the best option?? Thanks 

It depends on your context.

For some people, especially those dealing with cortisol imbalance or adrenal fatigue, eating breakfast would be priority #1, and they would be better off skipping a workout than doing too much.

For other people, eating a small pre-workout snack (like a hardboiled egg or a spoon of almond butter) working out, then eating more post-workout is just fine. 

I would say if you are getting at least 7 hours of sleep per night, and these workouts leave you feeling more energized rather than less, that would be a good indication that the workout is ok for your context. Of course, you might also decide to choose the workout one day and to rest the next. It doesn't have to be all or nothing, just pay attention to how you feel and how well you are recovering.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived