Is this really W30 or am I kidding myself?

EvB

Hi,

So I'm on Day 11 and realized I don't think I'm really doing a Whole 30 and perhaps I'm simply just eating clean. I still eat dried fruit every day (handful of raisins) and I'm not doing pre and post workout meals. Otherwise, all my meals are based on the template but I find myself hungry often so I have been eating mini-meals every day (usually also compliant, like a piece of compliant turkey coldcut and some greens, or an HB egg and a handful of veggies) but I'm not doing 3 square meals. So..... have I been kidding myself?
Thanks -

Eve

The goal is to work towards 3 square meals a day, with pre- and post-workout as appropriate. Having that 4th mini-meal is fine, as long as you're working on figuring out how to work towards the 3. But why aren't you doing pre- and post-WO  if you're finding it necessary to have the mini-meal anyway?

Thanks for the reply. Honestly I think the mini meals are my way of trying to "snack". And while I know the program is meant to change those types of eating habits, I feel like that transition to 3 meals should have occured by now if I was really "doing" the W30. Hency my thought that I'm just kidding myself. But your point is a good one, that I should be examining why I'm not there yet. Seems so obvious and yet I didn't think about that. Thanks!

Perhaps you're subconsciously not eating enough at lunch because you want that snack meal - make a massive lunch for tomorrow and only have a lonely tin of tuna available for a mid-afternoon snack (instead of something that you'll actually be looking forward to eating) for if you're really truly hungry.

And every person's body is different - just because person a, b and c are able to switch to 3 meals easy as, doesn't mean that your body is going to react the same way :)

Short answer - generally speaking, you're fine.  Carry on.  You might amplify your mini-meals/snacks so that they all include protein, fat, and veg (rather than short-cutting with dried fruit, for example) - but that's a tweak, not a restart, if you get what I'm saying.

Longer answer - if you'd like some specific feedback on how you are eating, you could post two to three days of a food log to give folks some specifics to comment on.  You could also include such details as sleep, activity/exercise, and water intake.  It's also important to realize that it can take a very long time to adapt to three meals a day, so eleven days in is not necessarily long enough. 

Carry on and happy eating!

Archived