Any cough drops?

Kaylee_K

• Moderators

I have never heard of a compliant cough drop, but you can drink herbal tea and achieve similar results. Most any warm tea would help, but you might look for the one named Throat Coat that is designed for easing sore throat pain.

• 4 months later...

My cough won't quit! Had the flu last week. I'm on day 7 and i want to stick to whole 30. Cough drops...are there less offensive options? Like, "rice syrup is better than sugar" kind of guidelines? I'm a ricola person when i get a cough/laryngitis. I'm a teacher. I need relief.

I was wondering the same thing about cough drops since I've been sick this week too.  I've been drinking Throat Coat with Lemon Echinacea, but just had a really bad coughing fit and would have LOVED to have had a cough drop, but I just pushed my way through it.  I'm at home, so it's not a huge deal, but when I'm at work or out somewhere, it would be great to have an "emergency fix."

• 3 months later...

I realize I'm very late to this thread, but VapoRub actually works very well.  Some people find it too strong to breathe and don't like to wear the smell around the office, so I also learned that it is really useful to put it on your feet and then put socks over it.  I do this with DD when she gets a bad cough, and it works really well.  She can get four hours of solid sleep that way -- and is happy at how soft her feet feel the next day.

ThyPeace, just remembered this and is now wondering whether she could get near DH's feet to try it on him.  (He's very ticklish.)

Archived