Dirty 30 8/21 Start

dcducks1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ann, you and I will be good friend! Normally I would force someone to eat them, but Deb is working so hard to get her health where she wants it, I'm just trying to honor her choices.

Kat, what amazing choices and decisions you made.

Twin - your cleaning is compliant......but always try to impress YOURSELF with going the extra mile.

I had a great day at the island....a little windy..but just fine. I am sad that we are coming to the end of the summer / island season......but duck season is just around the corner. Soon the sunny glare will be calmed into a golden haze and the trees will start giving into a autumn hue. I'm pooped......got up really early to drive my buddy to go buy a truck this morning......looking forward to bed. Have to pick up my boss at 6 am to take us to the airport.......good times! My wife, youngest son, and dogs had a great time on the island socializing and hanging out....ran in to some old friends....one girl thinks I should run for office....I think she's nuts! Off to bed soon........hello Texas!

Dave

Tracy and TwinMommy - welcome aboard! TwinMommy I'm on Whole 77 today, and have felt pretty good for most of this experience. When I get caught up I'll share my Whole30 reflections. Our food histories are similar

Deb - we made the artichoke frittata this morning, and it was quite tasty! We both expected it to be a little fluffier - I think next time I would beat the egg whites first. (See how I'm a professional now that I've been cooking for almost 3 months?) I love your beach pictures! You look so comfortable in your own skin :)

Nanny - one of my friends just told me on Friday that she attributed much of her cancer recovery to essential oils. She's hoping to become an educator on the subject and travel and speak on the subject. Perhaps I could connect her to you?

I have two more pages of notes to go, but looking forward to pics from Miki and Deb's meet up. So glad jacuzzi man worked out Mix!

And Laurie - I love your 5K goal. Really something to look forward to. It made me think of my friend Linda's journey. I was going to post her video, but after watching it again, I thought the hospital pictures may be a negative trigger for you. In short, she had stage 3 cancer, was hospitalized, and the doctors gave her a 5% chance of survival. But, she did survive, and one year after she left the hospital she ran a HALF MARATHON!! HELLO! AMAZING!

Hi Everyone,

Still reading, mostly lurking.

Sunday (lately) is my only off day, so I've been cleaning (FLYing), grocery shopping and preparing for my weekly cook-up, which saves me so much time during the week!

Great getting to know everyone!

YNP = Yellowstone National Park.

Joni G.

Hi Joni G and welcome! Love FLY Lady for cleaning, decluttering and organization!

CC--nice to meet you. Would love to hear your back story.

Capt. Dave--thank you, sir. Right now I'm dealing with a mixture of neon Play-Doh and applesauce--does getting it off my dress count as doing something for me :-)?

Miki--thank you!

It was a full day - no margin built in! 

The artichoke frittata was a little time intensive (but good as I mentioned) so we were up at 6am and it was all we could do to get out the door for 8am church!  

Back home to decorate all the treats for the birthday party, then on the road at noon. Birthday from 2-4pm. Twelve 8 year old girls!  I will say no more.

On the way home I realized that we didn't exercise today, and we had just enough time to get to the lake to do an open water swim. It was dark and looked like rain, but the poor lifeguards stayed so we could swim.  I've been a little worried about Rick being ready for his triathlon swim - just because its new to him.  He was shocked at how different it is to swim in the lake (i.e., you can't see the bottom, or where you are going).  He was frustrated because it was so challenging, but he did really great and I was very proud of him!

By the way, I think that Rick is finding the speed of our forum to be difficult to keep up with so I'll report on him from time to time!

I'm going to post pics of the birthday treats - not that I ate or tasted any - but this proves you can bake, bake, bake and not partake! And then, a picture of Carson in the pool. I just thought is was so cute! (His party was yesterday!)

Deb - I'm on the road the road tomorrow so I don't think I'll get to the lamb, but maybe we'll try it next weekend!

Tonight we made our favorite go-to dish: PaleOMG Pistachio Pesto Chicken Pasta. LOVE!!!!

post-46802-0-95503500-1408927865_thumb.j

post-46802-0-83277000-1408927886_thumb.j

post-46802-0-70800400-1408927907_thumb.j

I thought I posted, but I guess I didn't. Deb and I had such a great time today. Fun, compliant food and jacuzzi time. Deb spoiled my cats rotten!!!

I've got a busy couple of weeks, but I'll keep up with all you as much as possible. Keep the faith. Ask Deb for her smashed sweet-pot recipe with duck fat...OMG.

CC great bday treats.

m

Guys without further ado here is the pic that was a lifetime and three W30s in the making!

post-44893-0-40817100-1408945537_thumb.j

Miks and I had such a lovely afternoon and evening. Please note that she has been hiding her cooking skills under a bushel and put out the most spectacular and delicious Whole30 AIP spread including some bodacious brussels sprouts in bacon fat with bacon, delish grilled zucchini and carrots, carved radish flowers!!! beautiful farmers market green salad with edible flowers, yummmmm grilled steak and grilled chicken, sexy cauliflower rice, and last of the sweet summer gorgeous watermelon! IT WAS AMAZING AND I AM SO SO SO SO GRATEFUL. I never go anywhere where I can eat safely, well and in abundance so it was all the bigger blessing and SO YUMMY. Thank you so very very much my dear friend, so very much appreciated.  post-44893-0-69017300-1408945739_thumb.j (not all shown here!)

Yes, I also wanted to take bites out of those delicious cats (Miki did I see Cho following you down the street as I left lol) and the jacuzzi was wonderful. 

Oh, we also made a collage card for Steve! Coming your way soon Laurie. 

post-44893-0-93033900-1408945871_thumb.j

Heading for bed and will write more tomorrow - CC, LOVE the flip flops cupcakes!

xoxo

Deb and Miki - great food, great company ........ it doesn't get any better.  Love the picture of the two of you.  The card for Steve is PERFECT!  I can't wait to give it to him.  He will keep the collage forever. 

GREAT NEWS about Steve - the doctor said his bone marrow is starting to engraft.  He still has a lot of pain in his mouth from the sores but doctor said the sores should go away in a few days.  Once Steve is back home (a few months), I'm going to get more creative with food via Deb's recipes.

Yesterday I was down but I'm feeling a little better today.  Steve's good news definitely helped the mood. 

CC - love the flip flops.  Carson is so cute.  Thank you for sharing your friend Linda's story.  I would be interested in seeing the video.  I know Steve will survive so I don't think I'll be triggered but I trust your judgment.

Ann - isn't it great to be greeted by our fury loved ones.   Lots of animal lovers in our group.

Joni - I don't think I've welcomed you so welcome to the family. 

Ack. I just lost a loooong post.

There was a personal greeting to each of you in the post that got eaten by the interwebs, suffice to say your hearts would be warmed, your minds enlightened, and your bodies honed simply by casting your gaze over it. All magic is tenuous, I apologize.

Laurie, that's wonderful news about Steve. I've been holding on by my fingernails for an improvement, I'm so happy for you both. Hospital is the most unbelievably life sapping experience, I hope he has lots of distractions (does he like reading? Audiobooks are great for when you can't manage the act of reading yourself).  As I said in the post that the stupid, stupid internet lost, your posts lately have become so clear and sharp. I have been warming myself by the fire of your heart dear Laurie. And less of the self-flagellation regarding fruit, huh? I understand wanting to find a situation you can control when real life is out of your hands, but beating yourself up about watermelon or canteloupe consumption is NOT ALLOWED. We love you and we don't want anyone smacking you for fruit, including you.

Higsybelle, get yo grill sorted today and feel better. Stupid pain killers don't work for the ungodly suffering of a broken tooth. There is nothing on earth like that pain, and I can say that because I have given birth without any pain relief three times and one of those labours lasted 28 hours (don't go thinking I'm some kind of hippy badass, I wanted the drugs, they are just wicked parsimonious with pain relief during childbirth here. The bastards).

Dave, quit soliciting compliments, its just tacky. I'm sure we would all support your bid for 'guru general' if you just asked. You don't need to reference "people" who have suggested you run for office. Yesterday I followed your edict and picked up trash along the incredibly beautiful hiking trail where we took the kids blackberrying. It makes me sangry (sad and angry) to see so much crap floating around under those old trees, plastic bags furled around clumps of wild mushroom, beer cans languishing in the doorway of a foxhole. What prompts a person to go into the unspoiled wilds and throw a bag of sh*t at it? This is beyond me.

Miki and Deb, sitting in a tree, why don't you girls invite me? Aw, I know you woulda if you coulda. I'm so glad you finally met up and proved the reality of the bond we have all formed. I kinda think of you guys as my real life friends now, in fact yesterday I was showing my little dude a picture of Meadow's Sophia and I told him that it was my friend's dog. Then I realised that I don't even know if Meadow is a pseudonym/web avatar, or if that's her name. How weird to have a friend whose name you are unsure of.

CC, quit upping the awesomeness ante. Loving the way you are starting to think like a cook, the training like a beast, and the endlessness of your dedication to this process. CC is awesome.

A warm welcome to Joni, Ann, Dawner, and twinmommykat (is Kat your name? Because I can't call you twinmommy, it makes me feel itchy.)

Not sure what day we are on now, this w30 as Deb foretold, being much easier than the last. I admit to some amount of crunchiness in mood over the last couple of days, but that may also have been attributable to my OH being home and getting under my feet. I sent him off to work with a pat on the butt and a tupperware full of roast beef. This week is back to school for my older kids, so its going to be a whirlwind of activity, but I look forward to the establishment of a routine. I'm still finding the evenings are the worst time for cravings and snackety fridge gazing,, so I'm looking into a yoga class for the evenings so I don't have to go to bed at 8. The fitness challenge is underway, I have worked through the sore limbs and am even adding things in (like yesterday's hike to the blackberry patch, which was undertaken with a four-year-old on my back). How's everybody else doing with the FCOD? 

Meadow my lily, we don't have extremes of weather in Ireland, but the flipside of that is that we don't have extremes of weather, so no hot summer sun to warm the bones, no arctic drifts to toboggan down with your delighted children, no leaf piles to jump into . I miss the blue haze in the autumn air, the sharp tang of winter on the breeze, the promise of snow and ice and the preparations of winter. Nostalgia is always best indulged from a distance in a warm place, n'est ce pas?

Will leave it dangling here, like a dirty doggie dingleberry.

Love to all,

Rose 

Miki, that spread you put on for Deb brought tears to my eyes.   It was made with such tender care and thoughtfulness.  What a cool chick you are.  You are the hostess with the mostess. 

Deb and Miki, you both look fabulous.   Deb's protocol and Miki's program are clearly working. WOW! Zowsa.

Rose - it was sooo good to hear your update today.  I loathe trash being left behind on the landscape beauty. It grosses me out along with toity talk.  :P  :P   My friend still calls and does that to me...on and on about her body parts and functions.  Yuck, I need a bucket.  I put the phone down, cover my ears and check for the all clear.   I admire the guts it takes to be a nurse.

Cara - I think you're back, can't wait to hear from you, too.

Nanny, Jen, Kat, Joni, Ann, Dawner, Rosann, Dave, CC-Rick, Laurie, Higs...morning all.

Lady M...all the kind things you say to everyone...right back at you!

Archived