Dirty 30 8/21 Start

dcducks1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love asparagus!  :lol: 

(me ...only occasionally, maybe more now that I read how healthy it is for you!)  

Its interesting to me different people's palates. Miki's is very much like an ex bf I had - I would make him up tasty dishes with artichokes, asparagus, mushrooms, eggs, etc and that was totally his thing. I tend to go for the fruitier veggies, or something. I wonder if that's genetic or geography OR THE SUGAR DRAGON.   

(me ...only occasionally, maybe more now that I read how healthy it is for you!)  

Its interesting to me different people's palates. Miki's is very much like an ex bf I had - I would make him up tasty dishes with artichokes, asparagus, mushrooms, eggs, etc and that was totally his thing. I tend to go for the fruitier veggies, or something. I wonder if that's genetic or geography.  

All of the above.   :D 

HA HA Meadow amazing cake wrecks. 

Here's the last cake I decorated. Easter 2013.

Now let me say that it WAS gluten and dairy free. BUT CERTAINLY NOT SUGAR FREE AS YOU CAN TELL!!!!!

I got around the frosting thing  :D  :lol:  :D

post-44893-0-35391200-1408667437_thumb.j

Yes, it was an Easter tea I think those were sandwiches of some sort, gf of course!

Its 5.44pm in the old LA so no supper yet. 

You guys must eat early? Wyoming is Central or Mountain time? 

I'm going to have roasted chicken (with some lemon and marjoram) and salad I think.

Stomach getting close to normal, PHEW that was a lil scary there for a day or so. 

The ex hubs (John) is coming over to eat the rest of the glutamate infested short ribs, with mashed sweet pots. HOW HAPPY IS HE?

And me, so I don't have to throw them away. 

The old Hollywood place is Musso and Frank. Kinda average food but so so much atmosphere and ancient waiters that you have to love it. 

(PS I spent all morning watching "The Making of Top Gun")

img105.gif

musso-hero-11.jpg

Uh....ladies and gentleman....uh...this is your Captain speaking......we have been on auto-pilot for the day to allow everyone to settle into their new routine. Since we are NOT new to this process......I shouldn't have to remind you that today was also weigh -in/measurement day! If you did not do that....DO IT! This is a FLIGHT of SUCCESS......(notice the taking off.....soaring to new heights, reaching for the upper limits theme????...blah blah blah). I thought long and hard to come up with that clever start...(I think I might have pulled a muscle behind my eyes too). Anyway, upon touch down, we should all be much lighter......and I WILL HEAR SUCCESS STORIES!

Meadow - Airplane - one of my all times favorites..."Surely you jest"..."No.....and stop calling me Shirley!" By the way......are you addicted to crack or anything now? Is it me....or have you REALLY blossomed and come out of your shell? The good news.....I like the old you....and the new you...just the same!

Finished my class today and then taught Hunter Safety tonight....long week but almost over. Looking forward to a nice weekend with a trip to the island on Sunday if weather permits. Then I am off to Texas for a week.....Yee haw!

Laurie - I am praying my ass off over here so I am going to need a little good news here soon! The Stem Cell family should have settled in by now but it sounds like there is rioting and looting going on inside of Steve........don't make me send in the National Stem Cell Guard to keep the peace!

Miki - I think the Jacuzzi guy is the ONE for you! I think you should marry him IMMEDIATELY! (I only say this because I know she will do the exact opposite of anything I say.....she's stubborn that Miki)!

Rose - sooooooo happy to have you back! I can't tell you how boring it is to talk to the rest of these passengers when you are not around......don't tell them I said that! You are on the right flight....I wouldn't have left without you!

Higs - wipe that stupid smile off of your river rafting, Huckleberry Finn ass.....and get with the program! We have been waiting for you and now that you are overloaded with fresh vegetables, get your tooth fixed and get to eatin'! (It looks like an amazing time...I might be slightly jealous but will never admit it to the group).

Rick - glad you are doing so well with your training.......find some ceiling fans in Chicago to clean and get busy! CC doesn't want to see you on Saturday unless you have dusted......I'm just repeating what she said!

Deb - I got confused with your sentence structure...was the EX coming over to eat YOU or the leftovers? I can't believe you don't know what time zone Wyoming is in.........duh.....it's just inside the arctic circle, next to the Sahara desert....duh! What are you?..... a foreigner?

By the way......I would eat any of those horrible looking cakes......yes I would!

Ok......ladies and gentleman......that is going to be all for this evening......we have a long flight in front of us......sit back....and relax. I want to remind everyone not to try to join the "mile high" club on this flight........keep your steward or stewardess in the "upright" position......and try not to clog the toilet!" STOP THROWING THE PEANUTS AROUND THE CABIN AND BRING ME SOME DAMN COFFEE!

Captain Dave

post-43304-0-32055600-1408671311.png

post-43304-0-24031600-1408671892_thumb.j

post-43304-0-28037900-1408671911_thumb.j

post-43304-0-25664700-1408671921_thumb.j

I have to say, I had a fabulous first day of Whole 30!  I felt better to leave the lara bars and nuts behind. That's the comparison thing with me, Deb, I think if Miki's eating nuts I want to eat nuts, too!

The pork I made tonight was terrific!

I stopped at Whole Foods tonight to stock up on few items. I thought I had such an odd basket of items: asparagus and radishes (for IOD) coconut milk, a gargantuan bottle of red boat fish sauce, coconut aminos, peaches. So then, I'm paying attention to other people and what is in their baskets.The guy in front of me had six items: 3 different types of bread, a gallon of milk, a quart of almond milk, and half and half. What does a guy do with 3 kinds of bread and 3 kinds of milk?

New folks - Nanny, Jen, Dawner, outdorsgrl, and anyone I missed - how was day 1? Easy? Headachey?

Laurie - I was thinking about you and Steve all day. I think you need to borrow my word for this year - NOURISH. I'm worried that you're beating yourself up over watermelon. I say if that gives you a little joy, indulge  :)

Higs, so glad to have you back with all your pictures and stories!

Great Job Meadow.

Dave your cruisin...

New folks - Nanny, Jen, Dawner, outdorsgrl, and anyone I missed - how was day 1?

Hey Rosann.

CC - I ran into the nuts AGAIN.

Rick, you okay?

so tired.

I'm having a boredom eating issue.

Didn't make it to the gym today, so going to bed early and plan to get up and workout.

Miki

Dave - National Stem Cell Guard is needed!  Please send immediately. 

Spoke to Steve briefly.  I think it takes too much effort for him to talk.  Platelets and white blood cells are almost nonexistent.  Hemoglobin not good either.  He had temperature yesterday.  Next week, I'll be visiting Steve on Monday and Friday.  I wish I could hold him but that won't happen for a long time.  For now, I'm grateful that I can hold his hand or look into his eyes and see a fleeting smile or even some tears (since tears are a sign of life). 

Welcome to all the newbies. I hope you enjoy the ride on Dave's plane.  It want always be smooth flying but it will be worth the trip.

Yesterday, I ate 4 full meals.  The positive - no fruit.  The negative - I ate when I wasn't hungry and ate too much at meals.

CC - you are correct, I do beat myself up over eating too much watermelon.  I beat myself up over everything.  Need to work on that.

Deb - you are fortunate to have a good relationship with your ex. Lots of people hate each other after divorce which is very sad.  I think you asked if Steve's daughter visits him.  She came to the hospital the day of the transplant.  I'm not sure have often she will visit; it depends on his ex-wife who must drive her to the hospital (about 1 hour).  Steve's mom is staying with him in the hospital 24/7.  Steve will be in the hospital for about 30 days. The remaining 70 he will spent at an extended hotel about 15 minutes from the hospital.

Rose - I put my name on the exercise sign-in sheet yesterday.  Looks like the list includes almost all of our members.

Higs - great pictures.  So happy to hear that you had a great time. You did an amazing job at catching up on all the posts and responding to people.  I am impressed.

Miki - how are you doing with the fruit and nuts.  I do so well with all or nothing rules so I need to tap into the "nothing" for awhile.  I don't think Steve got the card yet.  The issue may have to do with the hospital instead of the mail.

Cara - how are you and mom?  When are you starting your Whole 30?

Meadow - how long have you stayed on the Whole 30? 

Rosann - I don't think you posted but I may have missed something.

Rick - hope you are doing okay without CC.

Laurie - (that is me, of course you all know that) - keep the faith and stay strong!  Don't make negative comments about your body. On very simple terms, it is not nice to speak to yourself that way.  Please realize that you are doing enough for Steve and that you are good enough.  You must fight the "I'm not good enough syndrome".  It will only cause you pain and that is certainly not your goal.  You must aspire to find a sense of peace within yourself.  I need to speak to myself the way I would communicate with someone that I care about.

I better end here before this post gets lost.  I also need to remove the asparagus from the oven before it turns to ashes.  Since I can't sleep, I'm preparing some of my food for the day.

Laurie, my heart goes out to you.  You are more than good enough - you are amazing.  It must be heart-wrenching not to get to see Steve every day and not to be able to hold him.  Your strength and fortitude is pretty incredible.  One rock at a time.

I'm also awake (2:45 a.m. here).  Damn tooth was hurting so I took some tramadol instead of Advil, and it is making me feel really gross and jittery.  I'm also bathed in sweat.  wtf?  I'll be avoiding that in the future.  I was hoping to avoid the NSAIDs this W30 round but the tooth beat me out.  Dentist on Monday, and possibly a root canal in my future.

My new tooth however will be shiny and gold!

Morning all - just a quick post:

I found this recipe for cauliflower popcorn and had to share before I lose it - I am definitely going to try it!

Cauliflower popcorn

Deb - I gave Rick the job of buying artichokes for Sunday. I am making a significant effort to stay on IOD this time around.

Laurie - hugs to you, my friend.While I had significant food goals for myself around the NOURISH word, it was much more about not being so punishing to myself. Hang in there...

All - scales should be packed away neatly to ensure that we are not getting any negative feedback from them. In addition, I want to spend the next 30 days "getting our mind right"! If you are here because you have a weight issue .....I want you to write on a post it note " I weigh...and put what ever weight you WANT to weigh". I want you to look at it.....read it aloud to yourself.....crumple it up ...and throw it away! Do this 3 times during the course of the day.......everyday for the next 30 days! I want us all to train our subconscious to reflect what we are and what we want to be. We are already our "ideal" weight........plus some extra pounds :) . We are not "losing weight" ....we are moving closer to our ideal weight.

Dave

Hello all, had to catch up!  Too difficult to read those on my IPhone  :P I wait til work LOL

I'm on day 3 Paleo and it's going well.  No headaches yet, it seems each time I start W30 or paleo I don't get headaches like the first time, I think my body is just screaming, "YIPPEE, you are feeding me right again!!"  Think it was Meadow that said it, there is NOTHING like feeling good and I can never figure out why I go back to eating crap...ever....but.....being the crazy addict in recovery I see the issue  :D

I can finally cook tonight, had absolutely 0 time as this training and my meeting schedule kicks my *&$*%@ during the week!  

318% humidity yday, caught in a thunderstorm at mile 2 and arthritic 80 year old knees on my 45 year old body caused for a very uncomfortable 11 1/2 mile run -- UGH, but I did it and that is all that flippin matters!  Dear God, please be 0 humidity and no rain for race day! :rolleyes: 14 days to go!  Recovery day today, no workout, thank you sweet Jesus :rolleyes:

I'm all about eggs with jalapenos, broccoli & spinach this morning!  Making that Cream Avocado "Pasta" with asparagus that Higs shared for dinner, holy yummmmmm!  SO EXCITED! Want it right now!!!!!!!!!! :huh:

Loving ALL your posts, keep'em comin cause they keep us goin!  

Laurie - Praying for you both, you are amazing and don't let yourself tell you any differently....you are a LOT like me.....

Archived