Second Time around Starting Aug 20/ Houston Anyone

NannyD

Hello Whole 30 Group,

I did the Whole30 back in Nov 2013, but honestly kept the cream on my coffee, shame on me, hehehe. I did it as a preparation for Surgery to remove my Thyroid due to a Papillary Thyroid Cancer and sever Hashimoto's disease or Hypothyroidism.  I need some strength, and I need to lose some weight just to mention something. I think inflammation keeps going on in my body. Doctors found another lump in my neck but it is .7 mm so just watching it for now, I went under surgery to remove my gallbladder that stopped working and it was pain killing me, and I have a few more cyst on my uterus/ovaries area that are bothering me as well.  All those indicatives that I am doing more than one thing still wrong to keep creating inflammation and problems in my system.  On a good note, I stopped eating gluten back in October, and never looked back again, and I have been using doTERRA Essential Oils that helped me to get rid of pain medication and a nerve medicine I took due to my facial nerve damage (consequence of another surgery to remove a benign tumor in my brain/parotid area 2 years ago).  Not a fun story of surgeries and diseases, but I am a fighter and I am here. 

Did I mentioned I wanted to lose 40 lbs and finally break down from the sugar/sweets (even the naturals) chain?

Any support, or anybody in Houston Area, specifically in NW Houston, like the Whole30 buddy would be great. Chears and good Health

Well, I am far from Houston, but I too did the whole 30 back in November and am starting again today. I ditched the cream in my coffee (for good!) back then, but sugar has worked it's way back in with a vengeance. I have actually put on 10 lbs since finishing my Nov W30, after only losing 1.6 lbs -- and I need to lose 15-20 back then. So now I'm hoping to be on the path to lose 25-30 eventually. I need to follow the template more closely -- portion size is an issue for me.

lgt2013 we are on the same page seems to be. I am ok not having dairy, (most part, working on evil cheese) but sill sweets in the form of dates, honey, ocassional brown sugar, make it to my drinks and to my plates.  That is a tough addiction to ditch. 

Thanks for replying to me, will keep an eye on each other for good!

May the force be with us!

Archived