Horrible Bloating Day 7

kfinkbeiner

This is my first post about being on the whole30. I'm on day 7-8 and I have some severe bloating going on. Not so much gas (tmi I know) I just feel like I swelled up overnight. I know the timeline. I have it memorized like the back of my hand haha. I know it says around days 8-9 there may be some bloating. I drink quite a bit of water everyday according to my weight and how much I should drink which is about 5 liters. I don't think water would cause it. Here is what my day consists of: 

Wake up

Breakfast: 2 eggs, sauteed spinach and mushrooms, and an apple

No snack

Lunch: Leftover meat like chicken or beef with romaine lettuce leafs for wraps with some fresh cucumbers

Workout: 1 hr

Post workout: Boiled Egg

Dinner: Whatever meat I have pre cooked for the week, mixed vegetables, sometimes sweet potatoes when I feel extra hungry.

Normally no snack at night. 

So I'm not sure what's going on with my body or it's just part of the process for me. 

Anyone else experience this? 

I had the bloating around that time also.  Just keep with the program.  Once your body adapts to burning fat instead of carby-junk, the bloating will go away.  Mine did. It was tough to ride out but I'm glad I stuck with it!

Archived