Starting August 25th

lizardqueen74

THAT IS IT!!! I am putting the entire family on "The Whole30 lifestyle starting Monday!  No junk whatsoever for 30 whole days, no cheating, no excuses!  Only good honest wholesome foods with ingredients you can pronounce;  out with the processed, in with foods that promote a healthy psychological, immune, gut and inflammatory response!  It is not about dieting or losing weight, although that would be a nice added bonus.  It's about setting ourselves free from unhealthy food behaviors that impact negatively our mental and physical health.  Of course I am sure I will encounter some major resistance, but I am open to the challenge.  After all, I have my family's best interests at heart and who could blame me for wanting to be around them and them be around me longer and as healthy as we can possibly be?  LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!

By the way, I am almost 40 years old, been married to a wonderful man for the past 19 years and have three girls age 5, 8 and 11.  I am also a triathlete and an avid runner.  Both my husband and my kids are very picky eaters though and I have my work cut out for me!   Finally I have another motive for wanting to transform my eating habits.  I have a rare disease that is thought by many as having autoimmune components, and it would be nice to be able to manage it without the help of numerous pharmaceuticals.  

I hope to get to know everyone here and gain the necessary support to navigate the next 30 days successfully. Cheers!

There is a group of us starting on 8/21.  Please feel free to join us on the 25th (or sooner if that works for you).  If you are looking for support, love, laughter and fun, Dirty 30  8/21 is the place to be.  I promise you will not be disappointed.

Laurie

What I am doing to prep for the Whole 30:  I read the entire book, went through all all the steps on the website, going through my cabinets and removing all temptations and today I will start building a menu plan for next week;  failing to plan is planning to fail!  I also printed everything I could off the website like the grocery list, pantry list etc...  I will be more than happy to join the dirty 30 group starting on the 18th!  I cannot wait to get started even if I know that I will encounter much resistance from my family members, especially the kids....I know the first few days will be hard, but I cannot wait to feel better, train better and be all around healthier version of me :-)

Cheers everyone!

Archived