Whole30 buddy required!

JO.H

Yip, Ghee is the new butter.  Great on cooked veggies.  How you all doing with your weekend house guests and invitations? 

I had the food dream last night - two in fact.  Dreamt about eating cupcakes thick with icing at a picnic and then sharing Lindt chocolate with the family.  It was if I forgot about Whole30 and then felt so cross.  Was so happy when I woke up to realise I was still clean. Anyone else dreaming about food?

I just made mayonnaise - perfect texture, looks beautiful, tastes awful.  There was no light olive oil in the shop I went to so used extra virgin - don't do it!  I was never very good at following instructions.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How you all doing?  I am having the most vivid dreams.  My head must be clearing - feels good.  Anyone else noticing any changes, now we are on day 7!  Getting ready for week 2.  Can't wait for some good health to kick in.

We've done a full week.  How you all feeling.  I am still having some detox symptoms - sore back, dry lips, but energy is better.  

Heading off to do a big grocery shop after work.  List is looking a little different to usual.

Managed to eat a fruit salad yesterday while everyone else ate caramel cheesecake, and i was so pleased with myself. 

Hey everyone!!!

Sorry about not being on this weekend!! I made it through!!! It was hard... We went over to a friend’s house and took our kids to the park and guess who didn't get ice cream with everyone else? This guy... I was proud of myself. It kind of upset my wife, but she understood... I just made my Olive Oil Mayo last night and it is great!!! Here I come chicken salad for lunch this week!

As for how I am feeling... I am still kind of dragging.... My hunger is going away slowly... I do not need to snack anymore and I drink a lot of water... I have been getting an upset stomach randomly, but they really do not last long... Other than that I have been running and have not had knee pain like I normally do and that is a plus!!!

Well... Day 8 here we go!! Everyone have a great week....

Congrats on making it through tough weekend Anonymous.  And great news on knee pain.  I am hoping all my joint aches are going to melt away.  Already feeling better, though backache today - hoping its a detox symptom.  I still need to snack - any ideas for staying full for longer anyone?

Day 8 - congrats to us all!!

Weekend was definitely a struggle! I managed to avoid temptation (in the form of the Mexican buffet that was served at the end of the tennis tournament on Saturday!) and while I did stay compliant (by not eating anything), I spent way too much time thinking about my next meal and I was grumpy (coming in dead last in the tournament did NOT help the grumpy part!!)

Are any of you having exercise issues? My legs feel utterly dead.

I can see that weekends will be a tough spot for me during my whole 30 (which I plan on making a whole 60 - my food issues are way too deeply rooted to be solved in 30 days). While I'm busy, it's not work-week busy, where every minute is occupied and my brain is so occupied by work.

Ghee question...do you keep it in the refrigerator? It says to leave out, but it's such a weird runny texture.

Jo - for staying full longer, I think your meals have to be much more filled with protein and fat than you imagine a "healthy" meal would be. Also, it takes time for inflammation to resolve, so give your joints a chance!

BTW - if you are a facebook person (I am), there is a Whole 30 recipe exchange on there too. Very quick and easy to post a "I'm looking for ....." and get good responses back!

This is a very rambly post, apologies!

Hi w30 buddies! I lost this thread so haven't checked in. Yea for all of us getting into the second week. No dreams for me but holding up. Houseguest issue was a bear- I did one dinner out with the group, which was way too late and not drinking/having apps was tough. Chose to eat in the next day, which was better. I also have to manage the social aspect of this program.

Also not feeling anything positive yet- more feeling the lack of negative side effects at this point. Not spectacularly hungry, still cranky, and like frantastic, not killing it at the gym. In fact, I am sleeping well but still tired. And like anon548, some GI discomfort that resolves after a while.

So I am hanging in there and still positive that this is the right thing to do and looking forward to positive results (sounds like they are really supposed to kick on by week three).

Hey Hey Everyone!!!

We are on day 9 I lost track of what day I am on... I am feeling better still a little GI issue, but not much... My hunger is not as bad as it was at the beginning. I found out that caffeine really gives me a boost. I have had it for the first time since I started today and got the tingles in my head from it. Other than that I am feeling good.. I need to get some more veggies from the store, but I am going really well. I did find out that I really like Dates, which is a bad thing. The only reason I got them was for Kickass Ketchup since I could not find Figs...... I only needed 2, but they came in a pack of 10... They are worse than candy!!! Not sure what to have for dinner tonight.... Anyone have any ideas?? Hope to hear from everyone soon... Enjoy Day 9!!!!

Frant: I keep my Ghee out... Mine stays soft, but not liquid.

Jo.H: To stay fuller longer I have been added more protein and fat... I do get craving to just put something in my mouth, but I am not hungry. It is the habit I am trying to break. Having dates in the house is not helping!!!

You were right I was needing more protein and fat - big breakfast of eggs, mayo and veg, actually ate too much, and am still not hungry over 5 hours later, not one snack needed.  

I know dates are super sweet but surely we can still have one occasionally, they are compliant, are they not?

By the way I keep my ghee in the fridge, I didn't know it was supposed to be kept out. Any reason why? I treat it jut like butter - its my best discovery!

My supper tonight is precooked prawns on a salad, with avo - I am going to a meeting so have to eat early, so will not be tempted by wine and pastries!

My legs also still feeling like dead weights, even when just walking up stairs - hoping that will pass soon.

I am so glad that it's day 9 and day 8 is over! I didn't practice what I preached to Jo and my lunch yesterday was too light on fat and protein (I made a delicious ground turkey marinara with broccoli slaw and spiralized zucchini - but the veg outweighed the rest and I was hungry when I got home, which led to me finding every compliant item in my house a potential SWYPO food. I made and ate the followings: 2 chicken and apple sausages, 5 Campari tomatoes, a cup of grape tomatoes, an entire plate of Brussels sprouts, a sweet potato, a turkey hot dog, and a banana. AND - I still could have kept going. And the only reason I didn't was because I was tired of cooking stuff!

I may have to take up crocheting again...you can't crochet and eat simultaneously!

I think you can keep the ghee in the fridge or in a cabinet -- I normally keep in the fridge but take it out 10 minutes or so before I need it and it melts to the perfect consistancy to scoop some out!

The biggest physical change I've noticed so far is softer, clearer skin! 

I ordered coconut aminos. I can't find them ANYWHERE in Atlanta (or at least not in the 5-6 or tried) along with some of the Red something approved fish sauce. I love amazon! Can't wait to expand my meals with some additional flavors!!

How's everyone doing?

Hey everyone- sounds like we are all sticking with the plan. I am managing much better this week. I had a meeting today that interrupted my lunch so grabbed a Larabar (without chocolate) in an emergency. I don't yet feel the promised energy but am heading to the gym tomorrow to see how that goes. No dreams (about food) and sleep is about the same. At least I appear to be over the killing all things stage (phew!)

Hello Everyone!!!

Still no picture for me. Need to get one uploaded. How is everyone doing today? I am really tired for some reason.... I need to find a good way to cook a whole chicken. Any ideas? For everyone who is working out do you eat your pre and post workout food? I alway forget to since when I am done I have lunch or dinner. Well have a good day. Hope to hear from everyone!!

You guys drink a lot, I only manage 1-2 liters a day!  

What are coconut aminos?  I have never heard of them before Whole30.

My skin is feeling softer too, not sure about clearer yet, and I have lost some weight, not much.  I am now realizing how often I used to get on the scale, I miss it!  Maybe that's one habit to change

We are half way through week 2 - well done everyone, nearly 30% there!  I am still waiting for some magic and super energy to kick in.  

I have a BBQ for work today.... I am not going to be able to eat anything at it. Everything is going to have something I can not have. I am just waiting for the questions of "Why are you not eat?" or "Wheres your Beer?" I am thinking I may extend this until October... I might be doing the Whole45. Lol.

Strength anonymous strength, you can do this!  There is always going to be "that barbecue".  Can you have a big compliant meal beforehand? You can do this.  Its only 30 days and you don't want to start again! Let us know how it goes.  I have bookclub tomorrow night - wine, starters, mains, dessert, at someone else's house.  Not sure if I will be able to eat anything there either.  I had a prawn salad with mayo last night at 18h00 before I went to a meeting, and didn't feel hungry again the whole eve. I am going to try that tomorrow night.

What are coconut aminos?  I have never heard of them before Whole30.

They are a compliant alternative to soy sauce! And they do not have nearly the amount of sodium!! I use them to make stir frys with veggies and a protein!

Archived