Pre-workout/Crossfit

I am reading ISWF but I was curious about what other people think. I am currently eating 3 meals a day. It works for me because I have a desk job and I just like it best.

I usually eat 6:30-7ish - 12:30-1ish. Then I Crossfit around 5. I go home after and fix dinner.

Do I need to eat a pre-workout snack? I am quite chubo-licious I am trying to get rid of my extra poundage and feel I really don't need one before a workout. I'm not starving before I go, I feel pretty good actually.

Can I just get a little reassurance that I don't need snacks pre-workout? or do I?

I'm basically eating when hungry. Thanks for any responses in advance. :)

Hello fellow CrossFitter! I actually did my first WOD today on this program and I struggled BAD! I ate a small protein and fat and I felt very weak! Tomorrow I am going to do my normal half a sweet potato and protein.

So bottom line, you may want to only because this way of eating seems to make a difference with the 3 large meals a day. That is just my thought and experience on the matter :)

• 3 weeks later...

I am a 6am crossfitter and I can not eat even a bite before I workout or I feel sick. Follow your body-- I think eating the right thing after is most important. I just realized that eggs aren't ideal. Now I have to wrap my palate around chicken at 7am!

Archived