asian-style dressing

Josephine

I don't have any fake soy sauce and don't intend to buy any.  Do any of you have experience with an asian-style dressing without soy sauce? 

I was thinking if I just blend oil, vinegar, cashew butter, sesame seeds and sesame oil.  Maybe a garlic clove? 

If none of you have tried it, I will, but I prefer to check with others first so as to not waste expensive ingredients. 

I want to pour it over a cabbage, red pepper and shrimp salad. 

Josephine-  I was in the same bind tonight and ended up using a really simple oil, vinegar, dry mustard and black pepper dressing.   The difference is that i brought the dressing to a boil and then poured over the cabbage mix.  It slightly wilted the cabbage and was delicious.   I bet adding the cashew butter and using sesame oil would be great! 

So, I went ahead and tried it yesterday.  Guessing at the quantities... 1 c light olive oil, 1/4 c apple cider vinegar, about 2 T cashew butter, 1 T sesame oil.  Blended in my nutriblast.  Was awful.  lol  So I added salt and a whole garlic clove.  It was really good on the salad.  I used shrimp, red peppers, and torn napa cabbage. 

Archived