Tell me your top 3 fav meals/recipes

Derval

Hi Derval

Favourite protein:

1. Kalua pork from Nom Nom Paleo - so much tasty meat for so little effort:

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/10031990774/slow-cooker-kalua-pig

2. Chocolate chili - my go to for cooking a big pot and freezing in portions

Well Fed p73

3. The best chicken you will ever eat -  I try to do several portions so I have spare to freeze etc.  

Well Fed p69

Favourite veg:

1. Roast carrots - I first discovered these from the Well Fed recipe (p115) but I'm really lazy so usually just use coconut oil & salt.

2. Baked sweet potatoes - stab a bit, put a bit of whatever oil on the skin, salt then bake for about 60mins @ 200C turning halfway.  I do several at a time then the leftovers go in the fridge and get nuked on demand.  

3. Green beans - no recipe, just microwaved or boiled then ghee and salt added.

And as an extra my favourite breakfast recipe is prosciutto- wrapped mini- frittatas from Nom Nom Paleo.  They take me ages to make but are very tasty and freeze well so I can vary my breakfasts (or easily take to work).

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/7486819479/prosciutto-wrapped-mini-frittata-muffins

I suspect you know all these already through.

I'm also loving coffee with coconut milk & cinnamon - your tips for getting the milk to not go weird really helped and I'm not crying for my cappuccino any more. Thank you!

A couple of my addictions right now are:

egg salad with avocado, no recipe, just mix hard boiled eggs, some mayo and an avocado together.

Asian type salad with cabbage, lettuce, mint, red peppers and sliced avocado. I add shrimp to mine but you could use whatever meat. And the dressing is olive oil, sesame oil, coconut aminos, almond butter, garlic, and chili peppers.

I seem to be rotating through well fed and nom nom paleo's recipes. My family loves well fed pad Thai, grilled chicken with sunshine sauce, coconut green beans, country captain chicken. Nom nom paleo- curried cream of broccoli soup, curried chicken salad, damn fine chicken, cauliflower carrot purée, sweet potato hash. I could go on and on- all their recipes are terrific and easy.

-Nicoise-ish salad: Canned Tuna (wild-caught, BPA free), steamed asparagus, tomatoes, avocado, other veg if desired, vinaigrette

-Chicken (could also be steak) Fajita bowl: marinate meat with W30 spices or seasoning blend (I use Penzey's fajita mix). Season veg with same, saute veg and meat. Serve with lettuce, avocado, salsa. DELISH!

-Fish baked in foil: Place individual portions of fish in foil. Add vegetables, oil, seasonings. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes

I totally forgot my super easy recipe: pesto turkey burgers or meatballs. You could use beef or bison, too, I suppose. Mix ground meat with vegan pesto (I just glop some in - maybe 1-2 tbl per pound)? They are SOOOOOO good and it takes like 2 seconds. WIN WIN!

A new easy fave: baked herbed shrimp!

Cut two lemons into thin rounds. Cover a rimmed baking sheet with foil and lay the rounds over it so they cover it entirely. Lay raw shrimp on top of the lemons. Mix herbs of your choice (I used a greek seasoning blend) with melted ghee or your choice of oil. If your seasoning blend doesn't include garlic powder, make sure to add some. Pour the herb mix over the shrimp and lemons. Bake at 350 15 minutes or until done.

SO EASY and so tasty!!

Shrimp Fried "Rice" from Eat Like a Dinosaur is my absolute favorite! I add some shredded purple cabbage for color. I have to admit though, it is not well-received by the kids but I could eat it every day. #2 favorite, marinate some boneless, skinless chicken thighs in Well Fed's Sunshine sauce for a few hours (save some on the side for serving), chop into one inch pieces and grill on skewers with thickly sliced peaches or nectarines. Garnish with extra sauce and cilantro and serve over cauliflower rice. I also make "fish tacos" with cod pieces dredged in a bit of arrowroot powder and salt and "fried" in coconut oil. Serve in lettuce leaves with homemade guacamole, homemade red cabbage slaw (sliced red cabbage with paleo mayo, apple cider vinegar, coconut aminos, and a dash of hot sauce) and lime wedges. Those are my top 3.

Archived