Starting Monday 25th August

ssohappy

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woke up this morning for Day 4!  I had a headache when I went to bed last night but I woke up today feeling like a million bucks!  I have to run some errands but I'm going to try running this afternoon.  I crossfit 4 times a week and run or bike 2 days.  I'm curious to see if I run the same or have a case of the heavy legs!

Happy weekend guys!

Happy Day 7, everyone! A week...a whole week! We made it!

Managed to survive the football game yesterday despite the extreme heat and mountains of delicious temptations. Just kept chugging water and escaped with just a minor sunburn :)

Still don't have much of an appetite, my sleep is deep while I'm in it but not as long as I'd like, and still working through some digestive symptoms. But I know these things will pass, so I'm planning for week two so I can go shopping tomorrow.

Lots of 'social obstacles' in the coming week with a lot of work events that I can't skip out on. Planning and prep are going to be very key.

Hope you are all enjoying an wonderful holiday weekend.

Happy Day 7, everyone! A week...a whole week! We made it!

Managed to survive the football game yesterday despite the extreme heat and mountains of delicious temptations. Just kept chugging water and escaped with just a minor sunburn :)

Still don't have much of an appetite, my sleep is deep while I'm in it but not as long as I'd like, and still working through some digestive symptoms. But I know these things will pass, so I'm planning for week two so I can go shopping tomorrow.

Lots of 'social obstacles' in the coming week with a lot of work events that I can't skip out on. Planning and prep are going to be very key.

Hope you are all enjoying an wonderful holiday weekend.

There are some great mock tail suggestions on the blog, both for at home when you have more control and options for when you're at those work events. It definitely helps to be prepared.

I rocked yesterday:) went to a movie with my husband and didn't feel too pouty about not eating (or drinking pop) as he sat there with his bucket of popcorn and pop. Kept going strong as we hit a sports bar to catch a late football game on TV. Had water, chicken breast and a sweet potato. Stayed out til midnight even!

I love college football and the season usually involves adult beverages and tailgating with not healthy food. I am mostly feeling strong and awesome with a small amount of pouty and feeling left out of some traditions. And that's okay:)

Great week one everyone:) In week two, if/when you have weak moments, remind yourself of the days (or hours or minutes) you've already invested and keep going.

Hey guys!  Day 5 here!  Still feel amazing.

I discovered putting 1 heaping tsp of coconut oil into my coffee and then blending- it's amazing!

I'm not having any stomach issues at all, my face seems brighter, and I have so much energy it is hard to sleep.  Starting to get sick of eggs though.

Hey guys!  Day 5 here!  Still feel amazing.

I discovered putting 1 heaping tsp of coconut oil into my coffee and then blending- it's amazing!

I'm not having any stomach issues at all, my face seems brighter, and I have so much energy it is hard to sleep.  Starting to get sick of eggs though.[/quote

I'm guessing you prefer breakfast foods for breakfast if you're sick of eggs. I don't love leftovers for breakfast :)

Some of my fave no egg options: a sweet potato with blueberries and sausage, pork breakfast meatballs (I make them big)

Leftovers sound really good for breakfast!  I'm getting sick of eggs because this way of eating is very pricey compared to my usual diet.  I'm used to splitting the bill with my fiance but now i'm buying loads of veggies.  Eggs are cheap so i eat them breakfast, lunch, and dinner sometimes.  I would love to try sweet potato with blueberries and sausage!

I'm guessing you prefer breakfast foods for breakfast if you're sick of eggs. I don't love leftovers for breakfast :)

Some of my fave no egg options: a sweet potato with blueberries and sausage, pork breakfast meatballs (I make them big)

Also, went to a pizza place with friends today.  It sucked ordering an overpriced salad but I was compliant and skipped the garlic bread basket... and meat pizza.... two of my favorite foods!

I'm dragging this morning. Not because of the detox though. We had something going on in the community last night. there were firetrucks and cops speeding by my house several times through the night. So that had the dogs barking all night which kept me up most of the night. I think today will have a nap scheduled in it. No headache so far today and no other symptoms of the hangover or carbflu so YEA me!!

Hope everyone has a great holiday and stays on track today.

We can do this

Dawn

So-I am finishing day 8!!  Hooray!  I spent ALL DAY yesterday cooking, just like advised in Well Fed.  Everything (except the mayo) turned out great.  I made it through the holiday weekend and several special occasions, and I feel strong-super determined and motivated.  I am amazed at the fact that sugar is in EVERYTHING!  I almost couldn't find bacon without sugar at Whole Foods!  I've made the Sunshine Sauce and the Bora Bora Fireballs from Well Fed.  Really great.  I also found a store-made salsa at Whole Foods with pineapple, mango, red and green peppers, red onion, and jalapeño that I have been adding to my breakfast plate (or really to anything).  No added sugar.  The flavor pop is the key.

I feel less bloated…I can actually see my eyes better-they aren't as puffy!  I can't wait to see results via looser clothing, but I have definitely made it through the slumpy days.  I played tennis for 4 1/2 hours today in HEAT, and feel great!

I have had my share of crankiness and a little bit of the blues when I refrain from certain habits (but at the same time I don't feel close to giving up!).  

I do feel good, but I would give anything for a cold glass of chardonnay!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Soldier on!!!

Good morning all!

Hope everyone's Day 9 is off to a great start. I'm struggling through some digestive and PMS issues, but hoping those will straighten out soon. Any advice from anyone who's gone through the same?

Best of luck on your Tuesday. We can do this!

Good morning Day 9:)

I was a little cranky and emotional this past weekend but I had a good weekend overall. Did some much needed yard work and looking forward to getting my fall mums into the beds and some pots this week. Also really got the house cleaned up and some inside projects done with my husband yesterday. Long holiday weekend but was really too stormy to play fun outdoor activities.

I'll be squeezing in grocery shopping tonight after the gym and I'll need to make dinner. Tomorrow night I need to do some batch cooking for the week. Just so much easier to cook a bunch at once and have it ready to grab for any meal.

Hope everyone has a great 2nd week:)

Yay day 9! Didn't get online much this weekend so I forgot to check in here. Overall pretty good. I managed to dodge the crankers, just had the fuzzy head/headache/exhaustion. But with the long weekend I slept until I woke up (which was earlier than I thought it would be), managed breakfast Out Saturday, kept myself busy getting my home clean and better organized, and best distraction of all, adopted a cat! :D  :wub:

Sleep has been pretty good, a little interrupted the past couple of nights adjusting to having another lifeform in the apartment. But he's not a loud furball so I think we'll settle into a routine pretty quick here. Really, the cat may be helping me on with some of the whole9 focus, he appears to want us to go to bed between 10/10:30, so will help with sleep routine. Fun/play, playing with him since he seems to be training me to fetch ;) and anyone who has a cat knows how they help you laugh. Also taking time in the moment. I found out quickly he does not share attention with the phone so he helps me disconnect from the Net.

Sorry didn't mean for this to turn into "Ode to My Cat" :)

So far staying strong. Thankful that La Croix water has added to their flavor options so don't have to worry about drink boredom. Hoping to do a mini-cookup tonight since it's supposed to be a little cooler tonight vs the rest of the week.

Fell away from exercise over the weekend. Although Saturday with chores, including ladder climbing, drilling and hammering, I felt a bit sore Sunday. Also I have a "hip" issue that decided to rear it's head, did some light yoga Saturday and Sunday morning to help with that. So hey, I wasn't a lump on the couch.

Ok, back to work now.

Oh, anyone have any suggestions for Tilapia? Grabbed a bag of it when I was going for Halibut. Fish is fish, but some fish are better for certain pairing than others.  Thanks!

Rock on everyone, we're already into week 2!

Sarah, Tilapia can be fixed many ways. my favorite is baked or grilled with some spices on it. It can also be fried. We use it for fish tacos a lot. I cant eat it my favorite way anymore. Baked, covered in Panko bread crumbs with Parm cheese and spices. Enjoy the cat!

Today is going good. Went to the store and loaded up on fruits for our camping trip this week. Already had my veggies from last trip to store. Packing up today as we leave tomorrow. Will try to keep in contact on my iPhone while I'm gone.

Everyone have a great day

We can do this

Dawn

On DAY 7!!! I can't believe I've made it a week and i've been compliant!  I'm usually really bad with sticking to a program but this lifestyle change makes me feel so much better.

Today was awesome, can't wait to go to crossfit in an hour, I haven't been since Friday due to the holiday weekend.  Hope everyone is having an amazing day!

Wow!  It's so encouraging reading everyone's posts!

I've been doing well so far...

This weekend I traveled and was a guest in someone else's home, so that was tricky.  Managed to stay compliant though!

I am sleeping better, feel less bloated, and have more energy - all exciting things :)

Onward on upward!

Amy

Welcome to Day 10 everyone!

I'm having some ups and downs over these past few days...

Ups: Energy is slowly starting to even out, went on a walk last night, slept hard last night, meals are getting faster and easier to throw together, mood is not as erratic.

Downs: Angry cramps and whatnot from Whole30 hormone changes, not sleeping as long as I'd like, already feeling nervous about reintroduction, crazy food dreams (not so much a down as just borderline hilarious).

I am impressed at how strong my commitment to the Whole30 has become. I fall off the wagon REALLY easily so the fact that I was able to resist all the Labor Day treats (including homemade ice cream!) has me feeling great.

Have an incredible Day 10 everyone. We can make it through these rough (according to the timeline) days and come out stronger!

Well, I'm kicking myself in the ass right now. I ate some trail mix last night which was suppose to be only dried fruit and nuts. It had added SUGAR!! I didn't read the ingredients till this morning when I had some stomach issues. That will teach me to read ALL labels!! Even the one saying ALL NATURAL!! Guess I'm back to day one!

Hope everyone is having a better start to the day than I am.

We can and will do this

Dawn

Sorry to hear that Dcloakey!  All natural is really misleading... I bought some 'all natural' sparkling water the other day and it had aspartame in it!! 

I am now on day 8!  I tried on some pants that were tight a week ago and they fit perfectly!  I'm craving a sugar free vanilla iced coffee with cream... drinking my bulletproof coffee as I type this.  Other than that craving, everything else is alright in that regards.

According to my fiance, i've been making really nasty farts in my sleep.  So, i introduced prunes into my diet two days ago and things seem to have stopped in that area.  It wasn't just in my sleep!

Well, I'm kicking myself in the ass right now. I ate some trail mix last night which was suppose to be only dried fruit and nuts. It had added SUGAR!! I didn't read the ingredients till this morning when I had some stomach issues. That will teach me to read ALL labels!! Even the one saying ALL NATURAL!! Guess I'm back to day one!

Hope everyone is having a better start to the day than I am.

We can and will do this

Dawn

That's a bummer. There is a blog post about reasons to restart the W30. And it discusses that some unknown sugar does not mean you need to restart. You learn your lesson to scrutinize the ingredients and move on. Unless you feel like you have to restart for yourself. Now, if you dosed yourself with some soy or dairy or grains, then it says to definitely restart with Day One.

So, if it was just sugar, it's up to you and totally cool to continue or restart.

The blog post on restarting: http://whole30.com/2014/06/really-start-whole30/

Day 10!! :) my experience so far has been totally unexpected... No detox symptoms at all. No carb flu at all. No crankiness at all. I have tried paleo so many times before and fell off because my symptoms were just too harsh for too long. So I don't know what is different this time???!!!!! Oh well I'm taking it!

Last night I dreamt a friend told the waitress it was my birthday and the waitress set a huge thing of ice cream in front of me with homemade whipped cream... And I didn't think I was going to have the will power to say no! I woke u before a decision was made! Lol these dreams are so funny to me!

So excited to see how all this transitions... Hoping this will change my life! I have weighed over 200 lbs for 10 years now and have been fighting to lose it with not much success for 10 years!! ;( I hope this is it for me!! Here's to great health!!!

Hello Everybody! I am still here! 

Doing pretty good! Haven't seen a ton of movement in terms of tightness/looseness of my clothes which I am a little disheartened by. Also, still not seeming to have great hunger/satiaty signals. But the energy is good, my moods are super stable, I'm sleeping like a rock and doing a good job of getting more sleep. Only minor cravings/food fantasies. 

The other thing I am really appreciating about this is that Whole 30 has reignited my love for cooking. I'm starting to genuinely enjoy my time in the kitchen, except for the dish-washing part.

Hope everyone is doing wonderfully!  

Dont be alarmed if you not only don't see clothes looser but have some time where they feel tighter right around week two. Big chanes in the gut are responsible for that.

I'm feeling pretty good. Striking a good balance on cooking basics and adding in some new things for fun. Going to work on more leafy greens a fewer sweet potatoes this next week:)

It's nice to check in with this group, thanks everyone for sharing

Archived